Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
I'm not sure about the Auction Part. I think the snake works well as it is. Have we done a parallel snake and auction before?
think we did the last time and it worked nicely, so if we playing this auction style you get of your ass and fire up a thread for your GOAT thing

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Standard T&C:

S1 - All time snake draft with a parallel auction.
S2 - Initial drafting of 14 players.
S3 - 4 hrs per pick. Do not wait or provide extra time. Extra 4 hours if PM'd to myself or other players.
S4 - No change in picks after posting.
S5 - No substitutions. Tactical changes with in-field players only.
S6 - First 3 picks of losing team will not be available during reinforcements.
S7 - Draw will be decided by Coin Toss
S8 - In match thread, only one of the managers is allowed to post for the duration of the match. The other manager is restricted to 3 posts or less for the duration of match thread. Make your choice and make it clear on match thread on who will lead the discussions. It's not one at at time. It's just one for the match.

Draft Criteria:

Any player who has won any trophies (league, domestic cups) with any of the clubs below are not available to be picked.
  • Manchester United
  • Liverpool
  • Real Madrid
  • Barcelona
  • AC Milan
  • Inter Milan
  • Juventus
  • Bayern Munich
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Ajax
  • Santos
  • Boca Juniors
Draft Rules:

Budget: 300m
Draft will start with auction for 12hrs (2 nominations max per manager). At end of that nominations are closed (can still make up bids) and the snake starts. You obviously can' pick a players already in the auction.
After the end of the first snake round, the auction will open for 4 hrs for mangers to add one more nominations each. End of 4 hrs, nominations are closed and snake reverses as usual.
This continues till end of 3rd round. Auction will be open for 4 hrs just fore new bids after which auction is closed and board is final.

----

To be completed.

Opinions?
Fire-up the thread. I can give the auction part a go too.

Šjor Bepo

Free all time draft? Considering we struggling zo get numbers for anything else....

Skizzo

Could do a modern players draft, and then organize the teams and sim it on FIFA. Managers can tell what formation and tactics they’d like, set piece takers etc.

maybe one “legend” per team on a sheep style bid at the end.

each match would get a detailed write up, stats etc. probably bit too much work to try and upload the goals etc. but it’s a possibility if the motivation was REALLY there.

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

Speaking of GOATs, what about a Gazza draft?
One snake: 6 players that shared a pitch with him(almost a 85-02 free pick
Other snake: 5 of his teammates so its not a snooze fast of stacked teams

Šjor Bepo

Would the snakes run at the same time? One from the top and one from the bottom?
yeah, last time worked out well so we should try and implement that in every draft(if we ever gonna play again)

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Idea for next draft. Each manager submits what line-up he expects from the opposition. This should make the debate a little more interesting since if you get it quite wrong it would clearly seriously harm your performance as a side.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I could play in any drafts that you want. Howewer, when the match start, I think you should notify or tag anyone who play the match in the thread. I have an experience when I forgot to debate with Harms in my first draft in this community( such a big shame for me). Tbh, I didn’t even know that match was already started and when I saw it was expired. :lol:

Šjor Bepo

Idea for next draft. Each manager submits what line-up he expects from the opposition. This should make the debate a little more interesting since if you get it quite wrong it would clearly seriously harm your performance as a side.
I dont like it, you can get it completely wrong and still have a much better team but because of the rule you would have negative points/perspective what ever

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I dont like it, you can get it completely wrong and still have a much better team but because of the rule you would have negative points/perspective what ever
I can see that but I was intending it as a way to split more even sides.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Would the formation be allocated pre-match or pre-drafting?
Pre match via PM so opponent doesn't know.
Will be reallocated before every round.
So teams have to be drafted flexibly to cater to all 3 formations.

At end of R1 drafting, I'll randomize the 3 formations and allocate one to every team via PM. All matches will be between two different formations so we'll not see a 4-3-3- vs 4-3-3 matchup.
Same will be done at QF. So a team may be allocated 4-2-3-1 in R1 and 4-2-2 diamond in QF.

Challenge is flexibility. Having no restriction pool helps.

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

Formation Draft:

All Time with Blocks
16 player teams to be drafted.
Each team will be allocated a formation for the match. Formation will be one of 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 diamond.
in but change the formations please, make it more difficult as you can pretty much go from 433 to 4231 without changing any players

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
in but change the formations please, make it more difficult as you can pretty much go from 433 to 4231 without changing any players
In as well but I agree with Sjor. Some formations are too similar so spice it up by adding more like something with a back 3 or a diamond or zona mista.
Reason for those 3 is that you can switch easily. A back 3/5 would be significantly different to switch between, but if that's the request, then I'm fine.

4-3-3
4-2-3-1
4-4-2 diamond
Zona Mista
5-3-2 / 5-4-1

Šjor Bepo

Reason for those 3 is that you can switch easily. A back 3/5 would be significantly different to switch between, but if that's the request, then I'm fine.

4-3-3
4-2-3-1
4-4-2 diamond
Zona Mista
5-3-2 / 5-4-1
Surely the point of the draft is that the switch is difficult?

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
@Edgar Allan Pillow Why don't you fire up a thread on the all-time variable formation draft? I think it should gather a decent amount of interest as it will be the only draft I remember that versatile players will be at a premium.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
You've lost your edge, man.

I was looking forward to huge meltdowns and whatnot.
I think we've come a full circle and have bottomed out. The lack of interest is telling and people just want something they can play with minimal effort.

Maybe some monopoly/road trip variations at best. Nothing more exotic than that gets to even 8 managers signing up for.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I think we've come a full circle and have bottomed out. The lack of interest is telling and people just want something they can play with minimal effort.

Maybe some monopoly/road trip variations at best. Nothing more exotic than that gets to even 8 managers signing up for.
I haven't been around lately, so I can't comment on the interest in general - but I personally would be up for a monopoly thing again (I enjoyed those in the past).

Anyway - looking forward to the current one, I need a distraction from...real life.

Zero chance of doing well, mind you: the competition is far too heavy. But I don't care about that. The concept is brilliant - love it.

And - possibly, maybe - it could be expanded/used for something in a future draft too: I like the idea of a more extreme version, I must say...

Šjor Bepo

what about a one club draft? we send our club via PM to the neutral and carnage can begin! Reckon would be brilliant, should be some new names as well as reckon there would be a lot of overlaps and same choices. We can even make it harder by blocking some clubs(Milan, Real etc.) :drool:

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
what about a one club draft? we send our club via PM to the neutral and carnage can begin! Reckon would be brilliant, should be some new names as well as reckon there would be a lot of overlaps and same choices. We can even make it harder by blocking some clubs(Milan, Real etc.) :drool:
When Sjor says something, the only thing you can do is listen to him.:)

@everyone

Last edited: