Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
agree with beam, we were on the main page for ages and the situation was pretty much identical to this

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
We are not in vacuum you know.

There is shortage of posts in general and not related to this. We are fine.
Are they down just since coronavrius stopped the football calendar or has there been a general drop relative to previous seasons? I don't venture much outside the draft forums so don't know

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Are they down just since coronavrius stopped the football calendar or has there been a general drop relative to previous seasons? I don't venture much outside the draft forums so don't know
It's been down since we lost tuppet. But, we managed to keep a flat curve imo.

diarm

That Zodiac XI thread that just popped up on the front page would probably make the basis of a decent draft idea!

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
How about including a "draw" option in the match polls?

Bigger advantage: If you have voted and change your mind, you can not only switch to the opposition, but also to a draw. Which is more likely than a total 180. (I had that problem in the past.)

Smaller advantage: Neutrals who think it's a draw don't appear as absent, but their vote is a) explicit, and b) contributes to the overall turnout.

Can't see any downside.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
How about including a "draw" option in the match polls?

Bigger advantage: If you have voted and change your mind, you can not only switch to the opposition, but also to a draw. Which is more likely than a total 180. (I had that problem in the past.)

Smaller advantage: Neutrals who think it's a draw don't appear as absent, but their vote is a) explicit, and b) contributes to the overall turnout.

Can't see any downside.
We tried that a while ago and the general view was it just encouraged voters not to make a decision and take the easy option of a draw

Šjor Bepo

would anyone be up for a NBA draft? think i saw a draft long time ago and IIRC @Moby was playing? If so, was it good and how many players would we even need?
Would go next to a football one.

Moby

Dick
would anyone be up for a NBA draft? think i saw a draft long time ago and IIRC @Moby was playing? If so, was it good and how many players would we even need?
The drafting was fine but the matches were pretty shit and with little activity. Wasn't easy to simulate a match in a thread. But if you are doing one then count me in.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'm interested purely due to rekindling a fondness for the sport after watching the MJ documentary

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Monopoly draft will probably be next, and I don't want to get in the way of Sjor's NBA draft, but two proposals for afterwards:

1. Build Around a GOAT
Managers pick one GOAT player & try to build the perfect team around him. As a break from goatfests, the number of additional draft regulars is limited, so there's a focus on usually unpicked players. But not obscure ones, more like the players in this thread. Draft aims to be different from earlier drafts with a similar theme.

2. All Time Great Managers Draft
Every player picks a manager and builds a side around his basic philosophy & historical setups. So there may be knockout games of SAF vs Herrera, Cruijff vs Mourinho, Happel vs Conte. An option is keeping manager choices secret during the drafting process.

Any interest in one (or both)?

Šjor Bepo

nah, NBA one would have nothing to do with football ones....they can go in same time if we ever even try but can imagine the matches being dull, even more so then football ones.

In for both :D

Himannv

@Indnyc are you going ahead with Monopoly Draft? Just asking cause I’ve been working on a board as well. The challenge is getting the financial balance right at the moment.

it’s not ready yet though and may not be for a while yet. So if yours is ready to go you can go ahead.

Last edited:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@Indnyc are you going ahead with Monopoly Draft? Just asking cause I’ve been working on a board as well. The challenge is getting the financial balance right at the moment.

it’s not ready yet though and may not be for a while yet. So if yours is ready to go you can go ahead.
Don't think he's been online for a while mate, i say you go ahead and throw up the thread for yours and get the sign ups going.

Himannv

Don't think he's been online for a while mate, i say you go ahead and throw up the thread for yours and get the sign ups going.
Yeah, ok. I'll get on it. Mine is a bit different anyway as it involves clubs. I've still got a bit of work to do to get it right. In the meantime, if anyone else has an idea we can simply go ahead with that.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yeah, ok. I'll get on it. Mine is a bit different anyway as it involves clubs. I've still got a bit of work to do to get it right. In the meantime, if anyone else has an idea we can simply go ahead with that.
This one?

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
@Synco there is your chance :D
Ha!

The second one could be launched pretty quickly with a bit of help from a more experienced host. But feedback was rather modest, so I'm not sure if there's enough interest.
Suggestions to spice it up would be welcome too, of course.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Club form draft

You pick players and have to link it to the club they played for and the player gets judged on that form only.

Only 2 players from one club.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Okay, if we're just firing away with suggestions, here's mine again:
2. All Time Great Managers Draft
Every player picks a manager and builds a side around his basic philosophy & historical setups. So there may be knockout games of SAF vs Herrera, Cruijff vs Mourinho, Happel vs Conte. An option is keeping manager choices secret during the drafting process.
  • tactics must be true to the manager's philosophy, but can be tweaked within that frame
  • amount of players that have played under that manager is limited (3-5 probably)

Šjor Bepo

• tactics must be true to the manager's philosophy, but can be tweaked within that frame
  • amount of players that have played under that manager is limited (3-5 probably)
id remove them completely

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Yeah it was an oversight in the Remake Draft that we were allowed to use players from the teams who were trying to replicate. So remove completely would resolve that. It does add in a new factor though that ruling out all of Trapattoni's players for example make it more challenging to build a team than doing the same for Ferguson, Busby or Sacchi for example.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz

In

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Seems like this could work, so I'd like to give it a try & see if we can get 16 to play. Details can still be ironed out over the next few days.

@2mufc0
Are you okay with delaying your draft idea a bit? I'm kind of itching to get more involved than just making everyone's life miserable in draft matches. I'd play in this one myself, so it'd be payback time and everyone can finally kick my ass as well.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Seems like this could work, so I'd like to give it a try & see if we can get 16 to play. Details can still be ironed out over the next few days.

@2mufc0
Are you okay with delaying your draft idea a bit? I'm kind of itching to get more involved than just making everyone's life miserable in draft matches. I'd play in this one myself, so it'd be payback time and everyone can finally kick my ass as well.
No problem mate, go for it.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Definitely no manager's players allowed.

The only issue/question is, can managers be picked twice?

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Definitely no manager's players allowed.

The only issue/question is, can managers be picked twice?
Would be funny (Mou vs Mou), but I'd prefer if not. More variety in styles that way, and probably more outlier choices.

Still open if a lot of people want it, but then certainly limited to 2x.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Maybe pick 16 managers and just randomise, will be boring if everyone just picks the same managers.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Would be funny (Mou vs Mou), but I'd prefer if not. More variety in styles that way, and probably more outlier choices.
This would be my preference as well. It's just when we had the Managers draft is suddenly came as a surprise to me that one manager could've been picked twice :lol:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
The only thing to add is two people with the same manager may be competing for the same players for the manager's system, which could be a good thing.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Maybe pick 16 managers and just randomise, will be boring if everyone just picks the same managers.
Don't like randomization that much, it also prevents more original choices. I have an idea for a sheep style manager pick (but with lottery draws instead of blocks). Result should be that everyone can pick a manager they like, but we still end up with 16 different ones.