3. FrenchToastMafia
4. Himannv
5. Edgar Allan Pillow
6. Isotope
7. Enigma_87/King Kendrick

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
@Himannv @GodShaveTheQueen @Gio @Physiocrat

On the WM question, and random matchups vs playing the same formation... maybe a mix would be best? Most formations can be played against most others, but a few exotic ones are restricted to only play against themselves. Example:

Draws are determined first, A plays B. Then, formations are dealt out:

if A gets WM
B automatically gets WM

if A gets 4-3-3
B can't get WM

This way, everybody has to prepare for playing WM, but no one gets shafted when it happens. (Maybe there are one or two more special formations that would be cool to include this way.) We can have different formations in a game, but don't need to exclude WM.

4-4-2 flat
4-4-2 diamond
4-2-3-1
4-1-2-3
4-3-2-1
3-4-1-2
3-4-2-1
Catenaccio / Zona mista
Cruyff 3-4-3
WM
Quarré magique

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
love the idea but id remove some overpowered formation that are most often used as 4231 for sure...also 3412 and 3421 is pretty much the same thing as you always have one striker that can play and plays like that second guy in 3421

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Should we include the old 235 as well as the WM? 235 is very much like a 433 in certain respect except we would have to have proper AMs/10s/SSs instead of CMs in the front 5.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Wouldn't spam the draft with too many outdated systems from before the 60s. It's nice to have one in as a novelty, but it will be annoying if they came up too often, considering some managers will only play 1 or 2 games. So just WM would be enough for me. Just my opinion, of course.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
About WM, what people will do is to have classic tactical systems disguised in WM.

Then, if you want to be innovative, maybe you can create a best of draft: some rounds sheeps, some regular ones, some in which you spend money, etc.
And a last round in which you can pick 5 players in a row, and finish with a squad of 23 players and a coach picked too :D
Call it the Ultimate Draft: sophisticated, complex, a best of draft of several drafts done in the past, some cards, money to spend, a large squad, random injured players... Drafters rated based on the quality of the team and the consistency coach/team.... Like the Losers draft I was promoting for several years, I am pretty sure you will do a Ultimate draft unless it has been done recently

In for the next draft whatever the theme: WM, sheep, etc.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
I'll start the sheep draft thread in the next couple of days. How do people feel about the following potential rules?

1. We up the initial squad sizes to at least 15 (instead of 12) with no requirement to play sheep but there will be a random injury each round (with sheep and chosen players who in the opinion of the organizer are sheep level being immune from injury).

2. During multiple player rounds, If a player who is known to be ineligible (banned list, someone else's team prior to the round or does not meet the criteria) is chosen, then all players chosen are Fails.

Skizzo

Just throwing some ideas together for something a little different and restrictive and testing the waters. If enough interest I’ll fine tune the idea and put something together.

All time draft, no player’s blocked.
Chain draft (club chain)
Auction draft elements will be in play for certain parts
Decade restrictions
Nationality restrictions

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Just throwing some ideas together for something a little different and restrictive and testing the waters. If enough interest I’ll fine tune the idea and put something together.

Chain draft (club chain)
Decade restrictions
Nationality restrictions
In

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz

Chain draft (club chain)
Decade restrictions
Nationality restrictions
In

NM

Mark me in for the next draft. Haven't done 1 in years!

NM

So I didn't know there was a separate draft games sub forum.. I was wondering where the hell all the drafts had gone!

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
KK has a sheep draft idea and Skiz has a draft covering loads of different stuff.

Šjor Bepo

surely we wont be doing 2 sheep drafts in a row, we can do KK criteria draft but in a snake format

Šjor Bepo

love the scrappy idea but modifing it a bit - Fergie Tribute Draft

Fergie roots - player that played in Scotland(career peak)
United pre Fergie - player that played for United before Ferguson joined the club, cant play for Fergie.(united peak)
United beginnings - player from the squad Fergie inherited (86/87 season)(united peak)
Rocky start - player that never won the league with Fergie(united peak)
Just another day in the office - 2 players that won the league with Fergie(united peak)
European success - 2 players from 3 different winning finals, each player from different final(united peak)
International Rivals - player that played for Barcelona in one of the 3 finals against United(barca peak)
Domestic Rivals -
  • Player managed by Arsene Wenger at Arsenal(arsenal peak)
  • Player managed by Jose Mourinho at Chelsea(chelsea peak)
  • Player from Man City(man city peak)
Swan Song - Player that won the league in Fergie final season(united peak)
Remembering the good times: Player that played for United post Fergie(united peak)

One injurie per round(initially thought to go without one but then again managing a squad is another way of tributing Fergie + gives option of more criterias), snake format but you can pick players in which order you want.
3 year peak, will have to be listed on a formation picture. All specific peaks bar Scotland one as nobody bar gio followed/following that shithole :D

Skizzo

I’ll get my OP up in here over the next couple of days to help finding out if there’s enough interest. Don’t mind waiting for someone else to run theirs too if that’s preferred.