Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

::sonny::

Needs to rebuild the club, also Jesus Christ would fail
Mourinho still the best one post Ferguson

choccy77

So Man City need a new manager soon, they seem to be happy for United to get Ten Hag.

Makes you wonder a) If they know Hag isn't good enough b) they have someone better lined up (why haven't we in that case?) c) they know everything we touch is posion and best to simply avoid.

Remember the geese

So Man City need a new manager soon, they seem to be happy for United to get Ten Hag.

Makes you wonder a) If they know Hag isn't good enough b) they have someone better lined up (why haven't we in that case?) c) they know everything we touch is posion and best to simply avoid.
d) they aren't looking for a manager right now, so they are an irrelevance

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
End of next season, City seem to be very good planners.

You'd think if Hag was even in their top 5 they would have spoken to him by now.
Ten Hag has been long reported to leave Ajax this summer. Timing wouldn't have worked out.

Anyway, quit trying to second guess what City would do and work on ourselves. We look like we have gotten the right man in this time.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I wanted ETH or Enrique. We are getting ETH, but I reckon City get Enrique after he wins the WC with Spain

hobbers

Let's see how the club PR team handle the announcement.

Maybe we'll get some more contemporary piano, or an orchestral performance.

Rolaholic

Foxbatt

I knew it was too good to be true about the change in direction etc.

So it's back to Darren Fletcher in the dugout with ETH.

Blood Mage

Poch literally said a couple of weeks ago he wanted to finish his career at City.

Blood Mage

Van der Gaag seems to be quite highly rated, makes me think he won't stick around as ETH's assistant for long as his own management career could be right around the corner. I'd laugh if we end up with just Ten Hag and Fletch in the dugout eventually.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Ten Hag has been long reported to leave Ajax this summer. Timing wouldn't have worked out.

Anyway, quit trying to second guess what City would do and work on ourselves. We look like we have gotten the right man in this time.
Seriously though. The amount of weird reasons that come from our fans is just staggering. Man, we made a good appointment. Just appreciate it for a change. Let's hope it works out well !

Laurencio

I knew it was too good to be true about the change in direction etc.

So it's back to Darren Fletcher in the dugout with ETH.
This has to be outrage fodder or something. Everyone have been reporting for weeks that Ten Hag has demanded that staff recruitment become a top priority. Not to mention most of these coaches have contracts that run out in June. As for Fletcher - not sure why him being in the dugout as a technical director is such a big deal?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

They don’t need one right now though, why would ten Hag wait for them when he can join us next season? Pep guardiola might not even leave soon anyway, he said he’d happily stay there another 10 years. When he does leave they’ll probably get Enrique who fits the same profile as pep.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

:houllier:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Needs to rebuild the club, also Jesus Christ would fail
Mourinho still the best one post Ferguson
agree about Jose, whatever most people here say. we need a tough line and it turns out he was right about our defence

Flexdegea

Totally daft conspiracy post :lol:

They aren't currently looking a manager, Pep ain't leaving,......what has it got to do with Hag coming to us, city don't have first dibs on all football related managers and players.

Almost self loathing dripping of your post

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
End of next season, City seem to be very good planners.

You'd think if Hag was even in their top 5 they would have spoken to him by now.
Because there are better managers than ETH out there, like Luis Enrique for example.

Ps - before any of you start jumping on my back and giving me abuse, I'm not saying ETH is a bad manager!

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Is this a joke?

Why would City hire ten Hag when they have Pep? I've seen nothing to suggest Pep is leaving at the end of the season. He'll be there for another year at least.

choccy77

Is this a joke?

Why would City hire ten Hag when they have Pep? I've seen nothing to suggest Pep is leaving at the end of the season. He'll be there for another year at least.
Pep is leaving next season.

The point (in jest) that I was making, was, everytime we go for someone City also potentially wanted, it has backfired to City's benefit.

But it will be interesting to see the direction City's take when appointing their next manager.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We are again doing best to do job half done. Why are we pushing our coaches in his coaching staff? Get rid of Fletcher, Phelan and others. Give him freedom to bring his complete coaching staff. We can protect ourseves with clauses in their contracts (when/if ETH is sacked all go with him). feck off already with "club soldiers"

Vapor trail

It's just as likely Guardiola signs a new contract with them. They are signing a very hefty financial deal to get Haaland, who exactly does Guardiola manage after city he's never had a club go to such an extent to accommodate him from the DOF down to his request of players. Maybe only the Spain international management role.

ti vu

The new 48 hours :drool:

Anyways know how to convert this into real time?

Edit:

Yeah right. 24 hours but maybe not...

That is hinting Mike Phelan, and Darren Fletcher stay in whatever coaching role they're in right now, right?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Pep is leaving next season.

The point (in jest) that I was making, was, everytime we go for someone City also potentially wanted, it has backfired to City's benefit.

But it will be interesting to see the direction City's take when appointing their next manager.
He didn't decide yet. Last month he said that he will talk about it when time will be right (so when season ends i guess). I would not be surprised that he signs new contract. And even if he is leaving it is after next season. Do you expect that City will approach to some manager and say; "look, we have a job for you but you need to wait 2 years. And yeah, it is not 100% sure".

choccy77

He didn't decide yet. Last month he said that he will talk about it when time will be right (so when season ends i guess). I would not be surprised that he signs new contract. And even if he is leaving it is after next season. Do you expect that City will approach to some manager and say; "look, we have a job for you but you need to wait 2 years. And yeah, it is not 100% sure".
Sir Alex approached Pep a good year before and because Pep didn't understand a word Sir Alex was saying, he missed the point about being offered the job.

It's called sensible planning.

Pep signed a 1 year extension last season for next season.

It's highly likely after 6 odd years he will leave, especially if he wins the Champions League this season.

captaincantona

Silly narrative that because City didn’t want him he is not good enough.

City want to keep winning. Pep is not leaving this summer - ETH is leaving Ajax this summer...you don’t ask Pep to leave for any manager. If you get one more year of him you take it with both hands.

ETH is clearly one of the best up and coming managers in the world as recognised by his peers.If we chose a steady hand like Ancelloti or Lopotegui, there would be riots and we would have “a lack of ambition”. If we waited for Enrique we would be wasting another season.

so that left ETH or Poch. And we know how that argument played out.

ETH was clearly the best choice of what was available.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
We are again doing best to do job half done. Why are we pushing our coaches in his coaching staff? Get rid of Fletcher, Phelan and others. Give him freedom to bring his complete coaching staff. We can protect ourseves with clauses in their contracts (when/if ETH is sacked all go with him). feck off already with "club soldiers"
I can't see United forcing anyone on ten Hag. He will have 100% say on his coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.