Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynty

I think Ten Hag will sit tight for City. Would be good if we could get him though.

I think Galtier is ready for a big club and wouldn't mind him, seen as his setup isn't too dissimilar to what we've been building towards.

I'd be happy for Ole to continue, but he really does need to win something this season.

wolvored

You can bet this incompetant lot will sign Southgate as the next manager as he is British and will work with Carrick Phelan and McKenna for ten bob a week.

::sonny::

Learning on the job without a professional cv, brought in to appease the fans.

Last edited:

lilcurt

Learning on the job without a professional cv, brought in to appease the fans.

The vultures are beginning to circle.

We are definitely approaching the end, no doubt the board will drag this out as long as possible however.

Love Ole but he isn't up to the job.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
He'll still be in charge at the start of next season. I'm one of those moderates who is beginning to lose faith in the manager. However, he's just had a 3 year extension and so has Phelan. Hardly signs that a change is imminent.

The club believes it is playing a long game that will lead to success.

I've no issue with anyone who wants a change but I'd like them to acknowledge the job Ole and his team have done in halting the horrible decline and mood that was there when they joined us. Even if you don't rate Ole as a coach, surely he deserves some credit for setting it up nicely for the next manager whenever they do arrive.... probably at the end of the 22/23 season.

Last edited:

kthanksbye

He'll still be in charge at the start of next season. I'm one of those moderates who is beginning to lose faith in the manager. However, he's just had a 3 year extension and so has Phelan. Hardly signs that a change is imminent.

I've no issue with anyone who wants a change but I'd like them to acknowledge the job Ole and his team have done in halting the horrible decline and mood that was there when they joined us. Even if you don't taste Ole as a coach, surely he deserves some credit for setting it up nicely for the next manager whenever they do arrive.... probably at the end of the 22/23 season.

Well said, Ole has done a more than decent job of assembling a happy (mostly) squad of players who like playing for him and the club, plus the squad is probably 2-3 signings away from being one of the best in England and in Europe. Having said that, I also believe that Ole and our coaching staff are now unable to bring the best out of this bunch of players and it's the right time to bring in a new manager who will complete the squad and have us competing for titles. But I totally expect our board to feck it up, given how they're handing out 3 year deals to the coaching staff.
By the time we get a new manager, we'll have Cavani and Ronaldo gone, Pogba in PSG, a couple more players will have declined, a talent like VdB would've left the club and the next manager will now need to bring in 6-7 players to complete the squad.

::sonny::

Also in Italy press and fans always says: yes great team, but without a manager.
They don’t understand the reason why he is still in charge, considered also a fake humble person

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Also in Italy press and fans always says: yes great team, but without a manager.
They don’t understand the reason why he is still in charge, considered also a fake humble person
Yeah they can feck off.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.

I've no issue with anyone who wants a change but I'd like them to acknowledge the job Ole and his team have done in halting the horrible decline and mood that was there when they joined us. Even if you don't taste Ole as a coach, surely he deserves some credit for setting it up nicely for the next manager whenever they do arrive.... probably at the end of the 22/23 season.
Yeap, I think he will still be in charge come May next year.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If Ole keeps underachieving right now I think the best hope of the board sacking Ole this season or at the end of it is if Zidane wants to come here. Other managers available like Ten Hag or Potter or Conte (who they would liken to Mourinho) would be deemed too risky

stw2022

His biggest asset are the fans who desperately and continually lower expectations for him. In 12 months we’ll be citing evidence that it hasn’t rained in 3 weeks as evidence of the positive impact despite still not looking like we know how to play teams like Aston Villa at home

“Rained 6 days on trot under Mourinho, plastic fans have such short memories”

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Manchester United have no identity or tactical plan

We cannot say that Solskjaer has had a long career at top level as a manager before United.

That coming from a fella who made the Dutch national team look devoid of an tactical plan or identity is truly ironic. At this rate even Frank De Boer will be weighing in...............

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
We simply need our next manager to be the kind who can complete the job Solksjaer has done over the last 3 years and permanently make us sustainably better after he leaves too. We do not need another 360 change of direction. just for the vain hope of short term winnings, whilst rivals entrench winning traditions that can out live their current managers.

Last edited:

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
We need to get it right next time before Newcastle become the next big thing. Turning into a regular Europa League condender will be extremely depressive

The Firestarter

We simply need our next manager to be the kind who can complete the job Solksjaer has done over the last 3 years and permanently make us sustainably better after he lives too. We do not need another 360 change of direction. just for the vain hope of short term winnings, whilst rivals entrench winning traditions that can out live their current managers.
You mean 180 I hope.

Pscholes18

I'm feckin sold. This is what United need instead of lumping it into the middle hoping Ronnie or Cavani get on the end of it. However, what would be the difference between this guy and LVG? LVG like to play the TikiTaka style as well but it wasn't successful.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm feckin sold. This is what United need instead of lumping it into the middle hoping Ronnie or Cavani get on the end of it. However, what would be the difference between this guy and LVG? LVG like to play the TikiTaka style as well but it wasn't successful.
i'd say the big difference between LVG and Ten Hag is whilst LVG adopts a low risk horizontal game with players well drilled in positional play and zonal control. Ten Hag on the other hand does similar with the big difference being that he along with Guardiola and Luis Enrique adopt a higher risk vertical approach. Which is more difficult because the expectancy is to play the ball forward vertically whilst maintaining zonal/positional and territorial control both on the ball and off the ball.

Luis Enrique is another coach who should be a stand out candidate for the job imo.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ten Hag's approach (like Guardiola's) shares some things in common with LVG's but is more aggressive and fluid where LVG's is risk-adverse and rigid.

Here's a comment from LVG about both Guardiola and Ten Hag:

"Winning the Premier League for the second time is fantastic. Guardiola won everything he could win, but at the highest level in the Champions League, he didn't win with City or with Bayern. It's a consequence of being too worried about the way you play and not enough about your opponent. You have to respect your rival. Guardiola and Ten Hag have a lot of quality compared to their rivals, but this doesn't apply in the Champions League. Mourinho is a much more tactical manager. Guardiola is too, but he is much more offensive. Mou is more focused on the defense."

It's maybe telling that LVG's complaint is essentially that they're not pragmatic and cautious enough.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Ten Hag sounds like someone who is literally waiting on Pep’s contract to end so he can get the City job. They used to work together at Bayern too. Following Ajax CL run in 2019 he must have been on the list of many big clubs when they were undergoing a managerial change in recent years yet he remained at Ajax.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I reckon Luis Enrique or Zidane is a better fit for this squad and manage the egos of someone like Ronaldo than someone grounded in philosophy like Ten Haag who hasn't managed at a meaningful level with superstars.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Its going to be Steve Bruce when Newcastle decide he is surplus to requirements and we take a few hammerings in our next ten games

Leicester A
Atlanta H
Liverpool H
Tottenham A
Atlanta A
Man City H
Watford A
Villareal A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H

justsomebloke

We simply need our next manager to be the kind who can complete the job Solksjaer has done over the last 3 years and permanently make us sustainably better after he lives too. We do not need another 360 change of direction. just for the vain hope of short term winnings, whilst rivals entrench winning traditions that can out live their current managers.
Generally agree with this.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I think this is the first time i've been disappointed that an international break is over! What's there to look forward to? United's stuttering performances, salah breaking yet another record, city putting 5 past yet another team. Yay.

JohnnyLaw

Ten Hag sounds like someone who is literally waiting on Pep’s contract to end so he can get the City job. They used to work together at Bayern too. Following Ajax CL run in 2019 he must have been on the list of many big clubs when they were undergoing a managerial change in recent years yet he remained at Ajax.
I doubt that considering he interviewed for the Tottenham job when Mourinho was sacked.

I reckon Luis Enrique or Zidane is a better fit for this squad and manage the egos of someone like Ronaldo than someone grounded in philosophy like Ten Haag who hasn't managed at a meaningful level with superstars.
Ronaldo is our only ’superstar’ and frankly the guy’s 36. He doesn’t get to dictate the direction the club takes next.

Jaxa

John O'Kane.

Cant believe anyone asked him for opinion.

Anyway, who's John O'Kane anyway?
They're really scraping the barrel here trying to find anybody with the slightest of United connections to give their opinion on Ole in hope one of them says he's not good enough, it's the same with the recent comments from Danny fecking Blind :lol: did anyone watch his Netherlands team, dreadful!

I have shared recently my own doubts about Ole and even though I actually agree with most of what Danny & John has said it's a bit of a joke were using these two as a voice of reason and media outlets are that desperate to try and push a narrative

Real Name

They're really scraping the barrel here trying to find anybody with the slightest of United connections to give their opinion on Ole in hope one of them says he's not good enough, it's the same with the recent comments from Danny fecking Blind :lol: did anyone watch his Netherlands team, dreadful!

I have shared recently my own doubts about Ole and even though I actually agree with most of what Danny & John has said it's a bit of a joke were using these two as a voice of reason and media outlets are that desperate to try and push a narrative
Yeah agreed. Ole should go but it seems they're asking every manager and ex player out there, even if it means nobody has heard of them or they have failed miserably as a manager. I mean the cheek on feking Danny Blind to criticize anyone.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Isn't Ten Hag the same person who only won in a league were even the likes of De Boer, Mclaren, Koeman, Van Bronckhorst and Cocu were able to win league titles in?

Status
Not open for further replies.