Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
I think he is too past it now.

I like to watch rival football clubs with neutral glasses so I can judge them and I enjoyed his period at Liverpool with Xabi Alonso and other more than he did with any other club afterwards.
Even if it was just an interim role until you get the manager you want for next season? Essentially, would you trust Rafa more in terms of winning something this season than Ole?

sparx99

Personally I think Nagelsmann, Rose and Hassenhuttl would cost too much in compensation. Poch is the easy choice and the manager we'll have soon.
how so? It’s just the value of their contracts and they can’t be on huge deals.

thesheriffjw

You dont want to lose the game v everton, but i hope utd lose, just so ogs gets the sack.

The defending yet again is abysmal

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
I'd take that. Currently I'm finding it difficult to have one particular manager that I desperately want. I'd see the positives in any of those three. I'd even throw the Soton manager into that mix.

I think we'll probably get Poch though as it's the easy thing to do.
It is actually quite difficult to find the right type of manager for United, you've had so many managers with different styles and philosophies, there no consistency.

Using Liverpool as example, with Rodgers, they were playing sharp counter attacking football with a good press (big issue in recruitment in his time and an awful defence) ... They then got Klopp who implements a similar style at the clubs he's been at but amplifies it (and the recruitment has been near spot on bar a couple of players)

At United, you had an organised counter attacking team under SAF, to Moyes... Who's style of football I could never understand to LVG which was possession based, which was flipped on its head by a defensive Mourinho team which is again different to Ole's where he seems to be focusing on pace and quick breaks

pascell

how so? It’s just the value of their contracts and they can’t be on huge deals.
Well their respected clubs aren't just going to want the value of their contracts as they then have to appoint and interim, spend time doing research on their replacement and then negotiate with their club to sign their permanent choice. Its basically a transfer of a player, we're going to have to pay a hefty compensation package for all three.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wouldn’t want someone like Conte, results would improve but performance would stay boring. I don’t want to keep sitting down/going to the match twice a week and being fed up, get an manager in that knows how to get his team playing good attacking football.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I like Conte. Think we could do something similar to what he did at Juve, with Ronaldo as Llorente/Morata, Bruno as Tevez just behind, McTominay or Donny as Vidal, Pogba as Pogba & Matic as Pirlo

De Gea
Lindelof Varane Maguire
Matic
Dalot McTominay Pogba Shaw
Bruno
Ronaldo​

We’re at a point now where we need a winner & we need trophies. I’d be willing to take a short term option.

Revan

Assumptionman
Conte, Zidane, ten Hag, anyone. Heck, I would fecking be happy with Curbishley at this stage.

Tarrou

I like Conte. Think we could do something similar to what he did at Juve, with Ronaldo as Llorente/Morata, Bruno as Tevez just behind, McTominay or Donny as Vidal, Pogba as Pogba & Matic as Pirlo

De Gea
Lindelof Varane Maguire
Matic
Bruno
Ronaldo​

We’re at a point now where we need a winner & we need trophies. I’d be willing to take a short term option.
that side looks kinda terrible though

RepardReece

De Gea
Lindelof Varane Maguire
Matic
Bruno
Ronaldo​

laughable line-up.

Pace Abuser

Anyone who's not a clueless clown will do. Feckun relegation standard lottery winner.

Stactix

De Gea
Lindelof Varane Maguire
Matic
Bruno
Ronaldo​

That looks disgusting.

marktan

I'd love Graham Potter personally. Think he's the most underrated coach in the league. Signs players very well and his teams always play good football. Would love to see what he does with a big budget.

I don't think he'd be like Ole and only go for the big names either.

BristolRuss

ten Hag anyone? Might actually start to get some performances out of Donny and with him might be able to tempt de Jong away from Barca perhaps if they are still desperate for money next year.

El Zoido

I'd love Graham Potter personally. Think he's the most underrated coach in the league. Signs players very well and his teams always play good football. Would love to see what he does with a big budget.

I don't think he'd be like Ole and only go for the big names either.
He’s a good manager but managing United is totally different to managing Brighton. So it’s a big risk.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

De Gea
Lindelof Varane Maguire
Matic
Bruno
Ronaldo​

That’s so bad. Also you’re leaving Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho on the bench.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

De Gea
Lindelof Varane Maguire
Matic
Bruno
Ronaldo​

Really good example of why I don’t want Conte. Let’s get someone in who can entertain a bit like the top sides in the Premier League have.

Deery

Dreary

De Gea
Lindelof Varane Maguire
Matic
Bruno
Ronaldo​

Matic and 3 centre backs, the United way!

Kinky Melinky

It's just not happening with Ole. As much as I love the guy he is only ever going to keep us knocking on top 3. He just doesn't seem to be knowledgeable or diverse enough to dominate the league and win us trophies. I've been part of the 'give him a chance' brigade for quite some time but I'm slowly moving to the other side.

marktan

He’s a good manager but managing United is totally different to managing Brighton. So it’s a big risk.
True but sometimes it's better to sign someone, players included, based on the way they play or set teams up rather than how big their name is. We tried it with Van Gaal and Mourinho, and then went too safe with Ole.

Status
Not open for further replies.