Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

Blanc.... available immediately... history with the club... has won stuff (albeit a while ago now)

Not that I want him... but wouldn't rule out the glazers thinking its a good idea
Maybe if Conte or Zidane don’t want it, but basically I can only see us going for someone who is out of work and we’ll known. I don’t think anyone at club would have slightest clue about any up and coming manager or even where to start other than the most obvious solution.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Zidane would certainly be my choice. Big name for a big club, already had a multitude of success with Varane and Ronaldo so will command respect, deals fantastically with pressure.

Godfather

Ten Haag or Conte. Not the perfect solutions but we've missed out on all the good options that were available. Still miles better than Ole

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I don't even think we'd get Ten Hag.

I see him waiting to succeed Pep or going to Barcelona.

Zidane, France-bound for me.

I don't think Conte is the guy for us.

Jesus. We're goosed
Goosed when we appointed LvG, no long term vision when appointing Jose.

It's happening from quite a while now.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm absolutely more worried about appointing the wrong man than keeping Ole, there's just no stand out candidate out there

At this point I'm hoping Poch gets the sack at PSG as I don't know anyone else

mattsville

Zidane for me, better chance for a long term stint, better chance of positive football, he has worked with Ronaldo and Varane, he is available, I think he likes United too, was'nt he pictured many years ago shopping in the United megastore, not sure of his current stance on what he wants to do, you just hope we have moved on from this mentality of let the manager not mathematically qualify for top 4 before acting, we need to be proactive, again you would hope Murtough and Fletcher are there to screen new appointments with how we intend to operate, Ole has not been a disaster btw, he has done some very good construction work and given us some good "United feel" moments, but don't bring in some egotist short term manager that is going to undo that work.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
How about this for a hypothetical conundrum, pick one…

A. Ole remains in charge for 5 more years and cannot be sacked before then.

B. Mourinho returns for 4 years and cannot be sacked until the 4 seasons are up.

C. LvG returns for 3 seasons and can’t be sacked before the 3 seasons are done.

D. Moyes returns for 2 seasons and cannot be sacked until the contract is up.

Which do you pick, and why?
I wouldn’t be overly enamoured by any of those choices to be honest, however, I think I have a fair idea as to which one would have us in the bottom half of the league by the end of his hypothetical tenure…

JPB

How about this for a hypothetical conundrum, pick one…

A. Ole remains in charge for 5 more years and cannot be sacked before then.

B. Mourinho returns for 4 years and cannot be sacked until the 4 seasons are up.

C. LvG returns for 3 seasons and can’t be sacked before the 3 seasons are done.

D. Moyes returns for 2 seasons and cannot be sacked until the contract is up.

Which do you pick, and why?
Easy pick, LVG everyday.

Foxbatt

How is Dortmund doing? Rogers could be gone to Newcastle the way Leicester played today.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
A new poll would be nice - what are the realistic options?

Zidane
Conte
Ten Hag
Potter
Blanc
Rodgers
De Zerbi
Gallardo

Lost bear

Zidane for me, better chance for a long term stint, better chance of positive football, he has worked with Ronaldo and Varane, he is available, I think he likes United too, was'nt he pictured many years ago shopping in the United megastore, not sure of his current stance on what he wants to do, you just hope we have moved on from this mentality of let the manager not mathematically qualify for top 4 before acting, we need to be proactive, again you would hope Murtough and Fletcher are there to screen new appointments with how we intend to operate, Ole has not been a disaster btw, he has done some very good construction work and given us some good "United feel" moments, but don't bring in some egotist short term manager that is going to undo that work.
Roberto Mancini. He built City into the force they are now ( I think) , is tactically astute, charismatic (much more important than is usually mentioned) and could handle the considerable collection of egos we have now amassed.

Ole is a club legend but really just doesn’t have what it takes. I’m not an expert on football management, but I rate Mancini. Anyone else?

spiriticon

Roberto Mancini. He built City into the force they are now ( I think) , is tactically astute, charismatic (much more important than is usually mentioned) and could handle the considerable collection of egos we have now amassed.

Ole is a club legend but really just doesn’t have what it takes. I’m not an expert on football management, but I rate Mancini. Anyone else?
I would like Mancini too but it will not be easy to prise him away from Italy.

Lee565

I can't imagine we would even dare sign Mancini because of his connection with man city, it was bad enough before with people at the club in the background not wanting Mourinho here.

Is gasperini not worth a shout, he has done wonders with atalanta and has them playing some of the most exciting football in europe over the past few seasons but unfortunately has lost a few of his best players along the way to bigger and richer clubs.

Grib

Just give Mancini the money and he'll come. Leaves on the high from the euros, that they surely won't repeat at the WC with the defense another year older or something, but mainly give him the money

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Antonio Conte
2/1
Brendan Rodgers
4/1
Mauricio Pochettino
4/1
Zinedine Zidane
10/1
Erik ten Hag
16/1
Julen Lopetegui
16/1
Julian Nagelsmann
16/1
Laurent Blanc
16/1
Gareth Southgate
20/1
Roberto Mancini
20/1

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I don’t see how any of the above managers would win a title with the current squad. The problems were having in midfield require a DM.

AFC NimbleThumb

I'm absolutely more worried about appointing the wrong man than keeping Ole, there's just no stand out candidate out there

At this point I'm hoping Poch gets the sack at PSG as I don't know anyone else
The trouble with this is it’s becoming ever more apparent that this team will not do anything consistently enough to really excel under Ole whereas another manager may have some success.

I usually think better the devil you know but say we do sack Ole, who is failing & replace him with someone else then the potential benefit surely outweighs the risk.

Yes we can’t go to Pool & say, we’re taking Klopp but it was pretty clear for months that Bayern were having the Liepzig manager. We really should identify who we want regardless of employment status & make it clear to his club he’s coming. Waiting for out of work candidates can leave you looking in a very shallow pool of candidates.

choccy77

Losing a game is one thing, But that performance today and recently has been very worrying and i'm sure the Glazers would have noted that.

Eddy_JukeZ

Pay whatever Ajax want for Ten Hag and his entire coaching staff.

This season can still be salvaged.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The trouble with this is it’s becoming ever more apparent that this team will not do anything consistently enough to really excel under Ole whereas another manager may have some success.

I usually think better the devil you know but say we do sack Ole, who is failing & replace him with someone else then the potential benefit surely outweighs the risk.

Yes we can’t go to Pool & say, we’re taking Klopp but it was pretty clear for months that Bayern were having the Liepzig manager. We really should identify who we want regardless of employment status & make it clear to his club he’s coming. Waiting for out of work candidates can leave you looking in a very shallow pool of candidates.
if there's any competency at the club they'll be doing that right now

Eddy_JukeZ

I don’t see how any of the above managers would win a title with the current squad. The problems were having in midfield require a DM.
Other squads aren't perfect.

Our performances thus far are nothing short of a disgrace.

We need to start playing much better with the current side.

And no magical DM is fixing our incoherence without a proper manager managing it.

tomaldinho1

Zidane short term makes sense. Sets up midfield well for possession and his teams actually pressed a lot which is always overlooked. Pogba will tow the line under him, Ronaldo will be happy, it won’t be easy but it’ll be a damn site better stylistically at the very least.

AFC NimbleThumb

if there's any competency at the club they'll be doing that right now
We can only hope. We’ve got a decent squad with a few ‘holes’ we should be making moves towards the next best & making their decision easy.
Other squads aren't perfect.

Our performances thus far are nothing short of a disgrace.

We need to start playing much better with the current side.

And no magical DM is fixing our incoherence without a proper manager managing it.
This really can’t be said enough. Other squads aren’t perfect, this squad is capable of better. We’ve gone from excitement unmatched since the SAF days to built in excuses about needing ’another player’.

This isn’t good enough. He’s had his chance.

izec

Trust this board will go for Southgate. Then people will say it is not the manager, because they all failed :lol: I am not even joking, Southgate would be my bet the board will have an eye on. I have zero confidence they will pick a good manager.

Well if you go for trash managers, you get trash results.

wolvored

Agreed. Good manager.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Trust this board will go for Southgate. Then people will say it is not the manager, because they all failed :lol: I am not even joking, Southgate would be my bet the board will have an eye on. I have zero confidence they will pick a good manager.

Well if you go for trash managers, you get trash results.
I think Southgate would have been considered if he won the euros

Lt. Deckard

It is not important who becomes the new coach.
Only one thing is important: that he is a football coach.

Because OGS is definitely not something like that!

JB7

Two ex City managers put forward on this page alone, feck me. Just off to gouge my eyes out.

The Purley King

Two ex City managers put forward on this page alone, feck me. Just off to gouge my eyes out.
You forgot Southgate as well, the fuxking clown who is in the process of wasting England’s best team for a while.
Maybe wenger fancies it I dunno we are desperate!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Strange logic. So if they can't win a title with the current squad, we should stick with Ole? They just might understand what needs to be addressed to do so. The football might immediately improve. The players might develop better. The team might start looking like a team. There are so many boxes that need ticking, besides winning the title (with the current squad).

I doubt there's a proper manager out there who wouldn't immediately see the problems with the midfield, our set pieces, and our laboured build up play.

The problems we're having as a team are pretty varied.

Status
Not open for further replies.