Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar2290

Surprised not much support for Marco Rose. Plays really good football and might persuade Haaland to come with him.
Why would you go for Rose when Ten Hag destroyed him in their first CL clash. From what I heard the Dortmund fans aren't too happy with him either. Plus I don't think he has that big of an influence on Haaland.

George The Best

Why would you go for Rose when Ten Hag destroyed him in their first CL clash. From what I heard the Dortmund fans aren't too happy with him either. Plus I don't think he has that big of an influence on Haaland.
Dortmund is a tough learning school when you’ve got Bayern in the mix. They are only a point behind them. Klopp and Tuchel came through that route.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Surprised not much support for Marco Rose. Plays really good football and might persuade Haaland to come with him.
I tried to be realistic, Rose joined Dortmund this summer, it's unlikely that he moves before 2023 unless something went wrong at Dortmund.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Dortmund is a tough learning school when you’ve got Bayern in the mix. They are only a point behind them. Klopp and Tuchel came through that route.
Klopp and Tuchel won silverware with Dortmund. Rose just started. So just wait and see and let him prove himself at a club that size.

Last edited:

croadyman

Clearly Fergie has put his foot down when asked about appointing Conte, might want to remember about how we got utterly demolished on Sunday and morale must be at an all time low and yet he still backs Ole which is blind faith

jamesjimmybyrondean

Not a fan of the Conte links. I think we should consider Zidane, Ten Hag, Enrique, or Ralf Rangnick (as interim before taking over as DOF) before we consider Conte. If we've tried those 4 coaches and couldn't get any of them then I'd start warming up to the idea of Conte

AussieDevil

With no clear and obvious option, and the majority of the squad in their prime, it makes sense to go for the most accomplished manager for the next few years.

Conte would go toe to toe with Pep and Klopp, even Rangnick would be a good option. Mancini and Enrique would be interesting but slim chance they leave their international teams prior to the 2022 World Cup.

There are good young managers who need a few more years to prove themselves such as Rose and Potter and we should have them in our succession plan for 2023-2024. But currently they aren’t ready.

ToToMarshall

Conte would go toe to toe with Pep and Klopp, even Rangnick would be a good option. Mancini and Enrique would be interesting but slim chance they leave their international teams prior to the 2022 World Cup.
Mancini??? Absolutely no chance he takes the job. I know City sacked him a long time ago now but he still speaks very highly of them. And would you really want the guy who managed the Aguerooooo moment to coach us?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Just having a read up about Galtier, seems an interesting coach and person from the small paragraph I read.

Takes over at Lille in Decemeber 2017 whilst they're in 18th place, saves them from relegation.
Second season...2nd place.
4th and final season...1st place.

Damn that's pretty impressive.

Then 2 days after winning the league he declares 'I simply have the deep belief that my time is up here' and leaves (take note Ole). After winning them the league for the first time in 10 years, only the 4th time in their history.

He's gone to Nice now and Lille are currently 10th place and 13 points behind PSG. Nice are 3rd and will be 6 behind PSG if they win their game in hand.

Seems like some sort of miracle worker.

::sonny::

We’ll never seen again a manager who is not part of the “United family”, class of 92 or an ex players

FatTails

I am curious, and hoping for honest answers here, if we had sacked Ole in Dec 2020/Jan 2021, would you have wanted the recently-sacked Tuchel at United?

To help people jot their memories, Zidane was at Real still, Conte at Inter, Poch was unemployed, Nagelsmann still at RB Leipzig, and while Ten Hag was doing well I don’t think he was on as many people’s minds at the time.

peridigm

I am curious, and hoping for honest answers here, if we had sacked Ole in Dec 2020/Jan 2021, would you have wanted the recently-sacked Tuchel at United?

To help people jot their memories, Zidane was at Real still, Conte at Inter, Poch was unemployed, Nagelsmann still at RB Leipzig, and while Ten Hag was doing well I don’t think he was on as many people’s minds at the time.
I think he was mentioned by quite a few here. Can't recall how I felt about him at the time.

Laurencio

I was listening to Ogden and Fabrizio Romano, both says the board wants Pochettino and will try to get him from PSG. Another name mentioned by Fabrizio is Erik Ten Hag, but he won't leave mid-season. Poch is on the top of their list and the board is buying time to figure it all out apparently.

Honestly ending up with Poch sounds pretty good to me...

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I was listening to Ogden and Fabrizio Romano, both says the board wants Pochettino and will try to get him from PSG. Another name mentioned by Fabrizio is Erik Ten Hag, but he won't leave mid-season. Poch is on the top of their list and the board is buying time to figure it all out apparently.

Looks like they might have almost decided on Poch after Mourinho’s sacking, before ultimately going for Solskjaer. And now that Solskjaer must go, they’re going back to Poch by default. Probably without bothering to properly investigate alternatives.

Sviken

Going for Poch right now would be beyond stupid, but expected from this board. He is unable to get the PSG team to perform. That's a very bad sign consider we're basically PSG-lite at the moment. We need Conte or Ten Hag (but Ten Hag seems impossible option now). The time for Poch long passed. If they were so keen on him, they should have sacked Ole when he obviously wasn't doing anything of note and went for Poch, but now the situation is entirely different. We cannot take a chance on Poch and ending him being Ole 2.0. We need a winner manager.

Teja

Christophe Galtier - Votes: 1 - 0.1%

Forget Ten Hag... he's mainstream now. This is the true hipster choice :cool:
Need a thread for him. I was just browsing through stats across top five leagues over the past five years and his sides were always up there.

Laurencio

Looks like they might have almost decided on Poch after Mourinho’s sacking, before ultimately going for Solskjaer. And now that Solskjaer must go, they’re going back to Poch by default. Probably without bothering to properly investigate alternatives.
The problem, Ogden and Fabrizio say, is that there are no credible alternatives willing to take the job. The board does not want to hire Conte. Zidane, Luis Enrique, Mancini, Dechamps are not interested. Others, such as Ten Hag, does not want to leave season.

Edit: Conte is sort of the only option right now - and not one the board wants to gamble on.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Going for Poch right now would be beyond stupid, but expected from this board. He is unable to get the PSG team to perform. That's a very bad sign consider we're basically PSG-lite at the moment. We need Conte or Ten Hag (but Ten Hag seems impossible option now). The time for Poch long passed. If they were so keen on him, they should have sacked Ole when he obviously wasn't doing anything of note and went for Poch, but now the situation is entirely different. We cannot take a chance on Poch and ending him being Ole 2.0. We need a winner manager.
Even Tuchel struggled with PSG and that was without trying to fit in a Messi or struggling with Mbappe’s contract situation.

Sviken

Even Tuchel struggled with PSG and that was without trying to fit in a Messi or struggling with Mbappe’s contract situation.
No, he didn't. He won back to back championships, back to back cups and went to the CL final. The board simply has unrealistic expectatinos of its managers.

Cal?

CR7 fan
This, they should just throw money at Zidane until he agrees.

pocco

loco
Funny you should say that about Poch, based on his PSG side, then go on to suggest Conte. Conte was only just recently saying that anybody would struggle with that PSG side because of how unbalanced it is. Rule Conte out too based on that?

Sviken

Funny you should say that about Poch, based on his PSG side, then go on to suggest Conte. Conte was only just recently saying that anybody would struggle with that PSG side because of how unbalanced it is. Rule Conte out too based on that?
Where did he say that? Can you post a quote?

TheRedHearted

Not a fan of the Conte links. I think we should consider Zidane, Ten Hag, Enrique, or Ralf Rangnick (as interim before taking over as DOF) before we consider Conte. If we've tried those 4 coaches and couldn't get any of them then I'd start warming up to the idea of Conte
Zidane said no
Ten Hag Barca bound after this season most likely, not gonna leave mid season
Enrique tied to Spain hoping he can win the world cup
Ralf, I’ve no idea who he is even so Idk about whether he would take it or not.

pocco

loco
Sounds like bullshit. No actual quote from him, and as you said - only one place reporting it. I'm aware that Conte declined the PSG job because the club is run as more of a circus than we are, but I don't think Conte would struggle with that team, not one bit.
Did you read it? The quote is in there.

And I didn't mean it's the only place quoting him, I meant it's just one of the many articles with the quotes. It even tells you in the article where the quotes are from.

Status
Not open for further replies.