Next Newcastle manager

tomaldinho1

I think they should try to emulate the way Manchester City did it, and as for the manager at the beginning they should bring someone who can establish a long term base football style and assemble a solid squad as foundation. They're not at a point where Guardiola, or any top manager, is going to manage them and make them win stuff. So they need to spend their money smartly.
Cheat?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It is from 90min, so who knows?

Newcastle's new owners are eyeing England boss Gareth Southgate for the manager's job, though he would not be available for another 12 months at least. Graeme Jones - who worked with Southgate at Euro 2020 - and Michael Carrick are also in the running.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Villa , Everton and Arsenal had been spending money for couple of years now. Do you think they will get a top 6 now? We threw money back in 2013/14/15 and what happened?

These things doesn't happen overnight. 3 years 200m is nothing. You get barely 70m over an year. Clubs know that they are filled with Cash and will add a premium now.

It will take atleast 5 years to even become a competitive team.
That’s what I think, though I’m thinking more 3 years till they challenge top 4

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Pochettino. Big enough name, but no obvious destination after PSG. He plays good football and has already worked with PSG owners so knows what that is like.

On the other hand, I’m not sure if the Saudis would want the Qatari’s sloppy seconds.
Nah Poch is too good for that project. He will still be in decent demand even after PSG.

I agree with the others in this thread saying it either needs to be a lesser big name (Lampard, Gerrard) or a stop gap mid table manager.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Wenger makes all kinds of sense as a stopgap appointment due to the clout his name still brings and his proven ability to develop talent and a style of play but I am not convinced he has any appetite to go back into club management at this point. Mourinho is off to a great start at Roma and if he can win the Conference League and get them back into the CL spots that would be a success from where they are and restore some of the lustre to his reputation so I can certainly see him as the next man up once the stopgap Manager has Newcastle mid table and rising.
Hope so that would mean they offer zero threat to the top four. Mourinho is finished.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I’d love Carrick to take over and take McKenna as his assistant. Means Ole could get some actual coaches with the experience we need.

RUCK4444

The most important thing City did was lay the ground work for Pep to move there.

If they are clever they will have a top manager in mind for the relatively near future and work towards that early on. Otherwise it will take them a good few years to start really competing.

Perhaps somebody like the Ajax manager, they don’t have immediate pressure to win things like United etc so they could cultivate a style of play with a manage like him for a few seasons whilst adding quality to the squad each window.

If they are stupid they will sign somebody like Mourinho. He will waste tonnes of cash on older players for quick success, leave them needing to rebuild and with no style of play/ethos to build from.

Brophs

The One and Only
Thankfully Utd have Ole tied down with contract extension, so Newcastle can’t try and lure him away!

But seriously, they’re a wealthy club with an underperforming squad and they need someone to come in and ‘lift the mood’, so the only logical appointment would be a club legend who’s only previous PL managerial experience is getting a club relegated… so for them that’d be Shearer.

But seriously, they’ve tried the ‘proven manager’ route in the past - Benitez, Keegan etc - and ‘look where that got them’! The only logical approach now is to look to the Norwegian league and bring in someone who’s doing ‘ok’ over there.

But seriously, whoever they pick will be a fine and sound appointment as long as it follows ‘The Newcastle Way’.

But seriously…

Robbie Boy

Would that be worth the millions left on the table for resigning?
I heard the severance package is worth £8m or so. Absolutely no way he forfeits that, in order to be a hero to some for 5 minutes, before it's long forgotten.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Hansi?

But really it's gotta be Pep. He'll want proper fans in the stadium, etc.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Barely started in the German job.
£25m is that enough? No, shall we double it? Still no? Shall we double it again? Etc.

:lol: I think we're still stuck in 2020. Football's over guys. OK, this time it's really over.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
£25m is that enough? No, shall we double it? Still no? Shall we double it again? Etc.

:lol: I think we're still stuck in 2020. Football's over guys. OK, this time it's really over.
He's not going to go there though is he? Just starting his dream job, World Cup around the corner, already working with WC players which Newcastle don't have. Even when he does leave, you know who's door they're knocking on? Ours for Klopp. He can stay there for as long as Low was manager for all I care.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
Pretty tasteless post this.
Tasteless is to see a bunch of hooligans celebrating that a dictator who ordered the murder of a journalist takes over your club.
Tasteless is to see how the best league of the world welcome a dictator and a murderer.

That, is tasteless.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Tasteless is to see a bunch of hooligans celebrating that a dictator who ordered the murder of a journalist takes over your club.
Tasteless is to see how the best league of the world welcome a dictator and a murderer.

That, is tasteless.
You made a joke about someone who was murdered being the next manager mate.

Blood Mage

Lampard or Gerrard, either one would be a good stepping stone manager until their profile becomes big enough to attract a Guardiola or Klopp.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
You made a joke about someone who was murdered being the next manager mate.
it wasn't a joke, it was a reminder of who is being welcomed to the league.
in case anybody forgot.