Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DON’T PANIC ™

Conte till the summer is about the only possible play i see saving our season (despite the fact i can't stand the guy), and then getting in the long-term Manager and not giving conte a 3 season contract as he's likely to implode after 2 like he does everywhere.
Conte won’t come without at least a 2.5 year contract. Like you, I don’t want him, but something needs to happen.

mu4c_20le

Conte will require more spending, something I can't picture our owners being enthusiastic about.

Pscholes18

Conte till the summer is about the only possible play i see saving our season (despite the fact i can't stand the guy), and then getting in the long-term Manager and not giving conte a 3 season contract as he's likely to implode after 2 like he does everywhere.
Hkw has Conte imploded at other clubs? Just curious because I haven't really followed his career.

Minkaro

Do we reckon Ronaldo would accept Fat Sam? Isn’t this the kind of situation he goes for? :lol:

I would want someone like Potter or ten Hag. Somebody who actually has a recognisable philosophy would be a good start!
Yeah, but then we’d buy them players that don’t fit their philosophies.

Josep Dowling

People need to get this idea out of their heads that the manager has to be long term. Ole is shite and needs to go. If that means hiring Conte for 12 months until he goes AWOL fine, sack him and find another manager who wants the job. Every other top clubs manage to sack managers and find decent replacements. The days of having a manager for 25 years are long gone. The fact Ole has been given 3 years is a joke. Cardiff sacked Mick McCarthy straight after the game yesterday. Same thing should have happened to Ole.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Give it to Ince till end of season

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t want Conte, City, Liverpool or Chelsea likely wouldn’t want him so neither should we. Get a progressive manager, favour attacking football and bring the entertainment back. We’ve had four managers post Fergie and none of them are good at setting a team up to attack and score goals.

Lentwood

Who could we even appoint as an interim? If we dont make a change, this is going to get really, really bad - but is an interim manager really a viable option for us?

It can't be anybody involved currently and I don't think it could be another inexperienced ex-player. Are there any legendary managers currently out of work/in semi-retirement?

MrSingh2002

We don't need Zidane to attract world class players.

We have world class players and we need someone who can get the most out of them.

It has to be Conte.

Ten Haag doesn't have the Premier League experience, Pochettino hasn't proved he can get over the line and win something.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Let's take whatever clown is available and then stick with him even when someone good comes along.

Just like we did with Ole. Jeez.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Who could we even appoint as an interim? If we dont make a change, this is going to get really, really bad - but is an interim manager really a viable option for us?

It can't be anybody involved currently and I don't think it could be another inexperienced ex-player. Are there any legendary managers currently out of work/in semi-retirement?
Maybe someone who was a well loved ex player who will really get the morale up....

Gopher Brown

I don’t know enough about ten Hag. Could someone explain why he is the right person for us and not just flavour of the month?

I get a feeling a lot of people suggesting him and only doing so because of received wisdom and don’t actually know anything about him

Roboc7

I can’t see anyone other than Conte or Zidane getting it, if they don’t want it maybe club will try and ride this out. It’s a long time to have a caretaker in charge and they are stupid enough to make same mistake made with Ole if they did decent job.

Don’t believe anyone will know what to do if Conte or Zidane turn them down, my money is Conte, think he’d want it still if he gets promised money to spend in January.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We don't need Zidane to attract world class players.

We have world class players and we need someone who can get the most out of them.

It has to be Conte.

Ten Haag doesn't have the Premier League experience, Pochettino hasn't proved he can get over the line and win something.
I've moved into the Conte camp too.
He's won stuff, here as well as elsewhere, and you can be certain he'll have a more efficient system imposed quick smart and cut out these ludicrous goals we're leaking.

Kaos

I don’t know enough about ten Hag. Could someone explain why he is the right person for us and not just flavour of the month?

I get a feeling a lot of people suggesting him and only doing so because of received wisdom and don’t actually know anything about him
I picked him so can only speak for myself, but I imagine its because we've gone for the sentimental approach (Moyes, Ole) and the "tried and tested" route (LVG, Jose) and both approaches have failed. I think its time we go for a progressive manager with a more modern grip on the game, and Ten Hag fits the bill with his brand of football. Its the high risk high reward type of appointment we should be making IMO, but I don't think the board would do it.

Nick7

Two Eredivisie wins, two KNVB Cup wins. Got Ajax to the semi final of the Champions League. They play very good football. Is a Pep Guardiola is my idol.

he’s really all you could ask for in a manager.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's a nightmare. The options above are uninspiring, bad fits or just outright gambles.

MrSingh2002

Ten Haag could just be another LVG attempt at total football.

Doing it at a poor level in Holland is very different to doing it in the Premier League.

Kaos

Here's an interesting one - would you take Zidane/Conte now, or persist with Ole until the end of the season if thats what it takes to get Ten Hag in?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I want to see an indentity. It's been 8 years. This individual brilliance can take us only so far

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
hope it's not zidane.
think conte would be the best mid-season appointment.

ten hag is a long-term project. not sure he'd even want to come midway through a very promising season.
can't see rodgers or mancini joining either. and would prefer ten hag to both of them.

Nick7

Here's an interesting one - would you take Zidane/Conte now, or persist with Ole until the end of the season if thats what it takes to get Ten Hag in?
No. Get a caretaker in as Ole should have been.

Womp

idiot
Ten Hag if we can buy him out or Luis Enrique for me. I'm sick of this shite approach to football. With the resources we have and the 96 years we seem willing to give our managers, I just want us to be able to go head to head with the best teams. With a good coach, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to.

Butty19

Ten Haag could just be another LVG attempt at total football.

Doing it at a poor level in Holland is very different to doing it in the Premier League.
Is that the LVG total football that gave us the two most dominant victories at Anfield in my lifetime, I’d take that right now.

Traub

I'd take a fecking broom and bucket right about now.

Waynne

Could we not get Zidane/Conte for a couple of seasons to achieve something with this current team then if a Ten Haag/Rose/Nagelsmann become available around that time then look to bring them in
Not possible with the board we have.
The people in charge of the footballing decisions will continue to fail upwards. As long as the club is making bank at the stock market they could nary give a rats arse what happens on the pitch.

For the longest time, the biggest change I've ever wanted for this club is at the top in the board.
Get that right and everything else falls into place.

MrSingh2002

Is that the LVG total football that gave us the two most dominant victories at Anfield in my lifetime, I’d take that right now.
I wasn't against LVG but our league form by the time he left was shocking.

He won us an FA cup atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.