Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos

Tuchel came to Chelsea and made them stop conceding goals and won the CL with Werner up top.

If Conte comes in and makes Manchester United stop conceding goals (which is something Conte is capable of) he still has Ronaldo, Rashford, Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood and Sancho at the front to score goals. The only problem i can see with Conte is that we dont have wingbacks for his system.
I think Luke Shaw and Telles are fine for the LWB role, but its that right side that will be a concern for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he actually goes with Dalot at RWB and then pushes for Trippier again in January.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Why do so many people bring up Ten Hag while also asking for Ole to get sacked as soon as possible?
He's not gonna leave Ajax mid season to come here.

Conte sounds like the most credible option to me. He's familiar with the Premier League, has a good track record in the league titles, he does have an atrocious CL record but whatever.

JPB

Ten Hag. He won't leave Ajax in the middle of the season though. So Zidane. I don't want anyone else except one of these 2. It has to be one of them. If we get Conte I might kill myself.

Cal?

CR7 fan
We have a good squad, so we should hire a tactical/technical manager rather than a squad builder /man manager like Ole. That rules out Zidane.
This makes no sense, Zidane is one of the best tactical managers around and not much of a squad builder.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Tuchel came to Chelsea and made them stop conceding goals and won the CL with Werner up top.

If Conte comes in and makes Manchester United stop conceding goals (which is something Conte is capable of) he still has Ronaldo, Rashford, Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood and Sancho at the front to score goals. The only problem i can see with Conte is that we dont have wingbacks for his system.
We don't have wingbacks, we don't have a Kante or a Jorginho, all of our better players are forwards where a 3 at the back formation would mean playing only 2 out of Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Ronaldo, Cavani and Martial.

The squad will need tearing up if the next manager prefers a wingback formation.

Red_Jamie

This is a bit out there but what about James McPake who manages Dundee? Got them promoted and seen they beat Sir Alex’s old team Aberdeen and drew away with 2nd place Hearts. Only 37 too so could be a long term project. Can’t imagine Dundee would want too much compensation.
A BIT out there?

Jonty

To be honest any manager with strong tactical prowess and plays attacking football would do at the minute.

It is scary that global juggernaut like United had no succession plan in place, especially given the post-Busby era. Scarier still that seemingly the post-Fergie era looks set to continue along the same path.

Jacko21

I like Ole and it's hard seeing him go through this. But we're all suffering and whilst you'd expect the board to respond, they'll be in a tailspin.

Who at the club is capable of identifying the right manager? Whose opinion do they seek when deciding who to approach? What's the criteria? What are they evaluating when measuring Conte against Ten Hag for example?

Guess this'll also be a test of the structural changes the club have been making over the last couple of years.

Frankly, I haven't got a clue who should be the next United manager. The scary thing is, I don't think the club do either.

SER19

There's a guy available who's won 2 la Liga titles and 3 champions leagues and people are acting like the only option is Phil Brown

Kaos

There's a guy available who's won 2 la Liga titles and 3 champions leagues and people are acting like the only option is Phil Brown
There's suggestions he wouldn't be interested in managing in England. He can't speak the language either. But I'd still have him over Conte.

Walters_19_MuFc

We play a 4231 and Ole has built a team to match this system. Granted, we need a few additions, but if we are to replace Ole, then it should be with a manager who can continue with a 4231, but someone who has the tactical prowess to master it and take us to the next level.

If we were to bring in a Conte, for example, then we'd have to kind of reset the last three years of what Ole has built. Whilst people would be glad to do that, there is some good that has come from Ole's reign to date. We have become a formidable counter attacking side (especially the last couple of seasons), we have got to semi's/finals, so have that experience, and have a pretty solid, young, exciting squad. So when you look at it, the potential signing of another manager is there for them to come in and just add the final missing pieces.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If it's right now, gotta be Zidane for me. Would have to rethink at the end of the season.

SAFMUTD

I don't think Ten Haag will leave Ajax mid season but we should definitely go all Bayern after him.

Appoint an interim manager with an agreement to get Ten Haag in the summer.

If that can't be done then the natural option is Zidane.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I think many Utd fans are, without meaning to sound insulting, slightly deluded in one way or another when it comes to thinking about managers. I think the board are also.

They spend big and put players on ridiculous wages, but then give them a manager who doesn’t fit them.

Just bring in a manager who suits your best players ffs - who cares if he only stays for 2 years etc.

If your best players are Ronaldo, Bruno, Greenwood and Varane -then bring in whatever available manager SUITS THOSE PLAYERS BEST, and the other players will slot in or not and get benched.

If that means Conte - bring in Conte. If that means Eddie Howe, bring in Eddie Howe and so on.

If your best players are long ball merchants and mid table sloggers, bring in Allardyce etc.

It’s not that fecking difficult.

Just bring in a manager that will maximise your biggest investments (best players).

Only at Utd do you see this ludicrous identity crisis where the board are fecking dithering around like ninnies season after season with insane resources.

You have Ronaldo, you have Bruno, you have Varane, you have Greenwood, you have Pogba, you have Cavani… ffs just employ a manager that will maximise those players!

How the Glazers get away with this is beyond me.

Such ineptitude it’s almost impressive.

Chairman Steve

I will say Ten Hag is my personal preference but only just over Zidane.

I will say though that the quality of the squad we have along with who’s in it is tailor made for Zidane, possibly more suited to it than Ten Hag is.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This makes no sense, Zidane is one of the best tactical managers around and not much of a squad builder.
I think he falls more into the man manager category.

peridigm

I don't think we get anyone currently employed so that means it would need to be someone like Conte, Zidane, De Boer, Valverde, Fonseca, or Scolari. Conte has the highest PPM out of any of them and would probably take the job. Would not be a long term appointment due to history and would let us continue looking for a better fit while he stabilizes the current mess we are in. I don't see him taking anything less than a 2.5 year contract though but if we could get him to agree taking over until the end of the season then re-asses, it's a no-brainer. I just don't think we're in a position to get someone like him with potentially that short of a term unless we pay a premium. Then again, being out of CL and falling further down the table will cost a lot more. We'll be able to broaden the search in the off season for someone currently employed. Can't see Ten Hag or Rodgers leaving their clubs to come here mid season. Poch will probably get the sack too if he fails to win the CL.

SouthernRedDev

Are there any managers out there that are good at player development, it would be nice to see players slowly improve at utd, instead of regressing.

Judas

Open to offers
At this point even if we hire Zidane and it doesn't work out, so be it, we've reached our current ceiling under Ole, we have to try something else even if it ends up not being a massive success.

Still don't want Conte though.

Eddy_JukeZ

Ten Hag. Get him in. If he's willing to come at the end of the season, get the deal done ASAP before someone else comes in.

If Enrique can somehow be poached from Spain, he'd my 2nd option.

Zidane/Conte would be 3rd/4th.

All massive and major upgrades on Ole.

Status
Not open for further replies.