Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTails

I'd love it but just don't see him leaving the Spain post with the world cup next year. He's building something pretty special with their NT.
Is he any less realistic than Marco Rose who just joined Dortmund?

RedJimmy1878

This is a bit out there but what about James McPake who manages Dundee? Got them promoted and seen they beat Sir Alex’s old team Aberdeen and drew away with 2nd place Hearts. Only 37 too so could be a long term project. Can’t imagine Dundee would want too much compensation.

Kaos

Is he any less realistic than Marco Rose who just joined Dortmund?
I mean yes. From what I'm hearing from Dortmund/Bundesliga fans here, Rose has been hugely underwhelming for Dortmund, and they claim he might not survive past this season. So its feasible we could prize him away if we wanted. Enrique on the other hand has been doing a stellar job for Spain, and has a world cup to look forward to.

Ixion

I think whoever comes in is going to need a couple of seasons once again to get the squad right. I don't think it nearly close enough to winning the League or CL as people suggest, we're probably looking at losing 4-6 players that are in every match day squad by the summer.

Revan

Assumptionman
Conte right now. We need a hard coach. Zidane a close second.

Wouldn't mind firing then him (regardless of results) in the summer, if we really think that ten Hag is the right manager.

matsdf

Only Zidane and Ten Hag as realistic options in my opinion. I'd go for Zidane since we have Ronaldo, Varane and Pogba. But I would be happy with either.

Teja

Conte on a two year deal reevaluated at end of season is perfect.

His 532 will suit Bruno, Pogba and Ronaldo just fine.

Strelok

I want Zidane but given how clueless and tragically inept our board has been I think it'll be Carrick as the new caretaker until end season.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Zidane all the way, he did not have a super team in his 2nd stint at Madrid before some people say he just had a great team to win the CL 3-peat

Sviken

But then you have the problem that if it goes brilliantly, as it did with Ole at first, you're bound to appoint them.
Ole didn't do "brilliantly", that's the problem. The board jumped the hoop after the PSG win, then we proceeded to lose almost all our games until the end of the season and ended no different than Mourinho. Instead of evaluating Ole at the end of the season, they basically gave him a blank cheque.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Either one is a gamble. But Rodgers might have just done enough apprenticeship to be ready for this step???

Zidane and Conte will be mercenaries for a big payday which United is nowadays.
Apprenticeship?! He got a poor Liverpool team (a big club) closer to winning the league than us ffs.

MrBest

Ten Haag, we have to go all out. Ole is useless absolutely useless and I've been saying this for years.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Conte
Zidane
Luis Enrique
ten Hag
Anyone else

Robocrap

Zidance or Conte as interim if they are up for it (Or another Interim). Ten Hag Next season since he won't leave Ajax before then..

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
All this talk we keep hearing about we've tried great managers is absolute bollocks and a piss poor defence of Ole.

Moyes definitely wasn't.

Van Gaal's best was about 15 years before we hired him.

Jose's absolute best was 15 years before we hired him, but any semblance of a brilliant manager was probably 5 years before we hired him.

Ole definitely isn't.

What we havent tried at all, is hiring a manager who is on the up. Ready to take the next step. That's what we need to try.

Ixion

Ole didn't do "brilliantly", that's the problem. The board jumped the hoop after the PSG win, then we proceeded to lose almost all our games until the end of the season and ended no different than Mourinho. Instead of evaluating Ole at the end of the season, they basically gave him a blank cheque.
And the stupid thing is that PSG win was daylight robbery

ShinjiNinja26

If we had any real ambition we’d go raid Ajax for Ten Hag and VDS. A very talented progressive coach and a proper football man overseeing football matters to really get the club back on track.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
The Ten Hag and Rodgers shouts are never gonna happen. It's gonna be Zidane as caretaker. He is the new Ancelotti. Ancelotti is the one we should have gone for a long time ago.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

Who would you fancy from this list - or do you fancy a more leftfield choice?

What qualities would you like to see? Established and known quantity, or a fresh new risk-taker with a footballing approach of their own?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Zidane, he's a winner.

Btw there's already a thread for this.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Sack him tomorrow and hire Zidane or Conte. They have whole week to meet the players, do next 3 games and then NT break comes.
This season can be easily saved. Even PL is not lost. But we must do it this week. Simply we must.

LuckyScout78

United have many potential goalscorer in the team. Really good attacking player. But just don’t play good as a team. Or with a poor defend and not good enough CM and support and service to the attack. Then doesn’t matter if you are world class players upfront. Even Messi or Mbappe would struggle in this United line up.
What United need most is defense organization. United simply need a rock solid defend. United need a fear factor defend back. Not ball playing CB. Defend come first.
A rock solid defend will make United win the premier league.

Zidane is more a manager and both of Zidane and Ten Hag is attacking minded.

I vote and suggest 2 1/2 years contract for Conte.

And I will love to see Milan Škriniar coming to. ASAP as better. Need a CB that bring fear factor back. A beast and badass of a CB. Milan Škriniar can become as good and solid as Vidic. MS is a aggressive CB and player.

4 changes that will strengthen United a lot :

1. Conte 2 1/2 contract

2. Milan Škriniar in January or next summer. Date of birth 11.02.95. 26 years

3. Bruno drop down as nr.8. The offensive and creative cm player

4. 352 or 343 formation

Point 2 and 4 :

First a potential 352 line up :

Bissaka - Milan Škriniar - Varane - Maguire - Shaw

Bruno/McTom - Fred/Garner - Pogba/DVB

Greenwood/Sancho - Ronaldo/Rashford

More offensive 343 against parking bus :

Milan Škriniar - Varane - Maguire +
Bissaka - McTom - Bruno - Rashford
Greenwood - Ronaldo/Rashford - Sancho/Martial

Sum up and conclusion. A strong and solid defend win you titles. And the best manager to organize a solid and strong defend out there is Conte. Background from Italy football defend culture.
Then Bruno was brought to help United attack as a free nr.10. But if you United want to challenge for title. United a the creative mind and brain of the team deeper from the pitch. Around the central midfield area more as a supporting striker and AMC. United simply need football brain of Paul Scholes, Luka Modric or Christin Eriksen A world class nr.8 will help United a lot. On a consistent level. Not only supporting the attacking 4, 3 or 2 CFs upfront. But link the defend and attack together. Control and dictate from the middle of the park.
And in the end. If United can get Conte first. Then later a beast of a CB in Milan Škriniar. Those are the factors and reasons making United a more stronger, solid and better team.

In short sentence:

Conte = to bring a solid defend and guts and winning mentality
Milan Škriniar = to bring fear factor to United defend. No more mr.nice guy in defend. Helping Conte and the team to make a solid defend.
Bruno = bring mind, brain, guts and pace to the CM.

Conte + Milan Škriniar = Strength the defend
Bruno = Bring mind and creative to CM. Bind the team together
United attack = have many potential goalscorer in Ronaldo, Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho

There you have. Sun of things above
+ A better coach and defend
+ A better CM
+ An attack that get more consistent and better service

= Sum if that? = A more solid and better team. No rocket science. Change the factors, reasons and ingredients = then the result and sum of it naturally will become better.

Mine best recommendations to a struggling team and club. ;)

el3mel

Zidane.

Conte will be great too.

Ten Hag is also great if we manage to pull him off.

I have no doubt though Zidane or Conte will win the league with us within 2 years.

Caesar2290

Ole needs to go now and we should get a caretaker in until we can get Ten Hag.
The only right answer. Get Blanc till the end of the season and then appoint Ten Hag.

Sir Alex Ferguson. Its the only way.

The thought of having an outside man as manager absolutely kills me inside.
Sir Alex and Sir Matt were outsiders. Not sure what you're on about mate.

We don't need Zidane to attract world class players.

We have world class players and we need someone who can get the most out of them.

It has to be Conte.

Ten Haag doesn't have the Premier League experience, Pochettino hasn't proved he can get over the line and win something.
Neither did Tuchel, Klopp or Pep. But what they did have is a really good Champions League record. Guess what Ten Hag also has.
I don’t know enough about ten Hag. Could someone explain why he is the right person for us and not just flavour of the month?

I get a feeling a lot of people suggesting him and only doing so because of received wisdom and don’t actually know anything about him
The only reason Ten Hag is so high up this poll is because of his CL exploits in 2019 and the way he's currently destroying his CL group.

If you're geniunely interested here a thread about Ten Hag breaking down all the common myths about him. In short: he's the next Klopp out there that was heavily influenced by Pep.

Also he doesn't do projects and jumping ship every 2-3 years. The Glazers would love him if we got him here. So would the fans.

A rare appointment that will appease everyone. The owners because he doesn't require an insane amount of cash to change players every 2-3 years. The purist fans who enjoy seeing a system and attacking patterns of play. The winner fans who enjoy trophies as this man is all about the trophies. And the traditional fans as this man doesn't jump ship often, promotes youth and actually plays the United way and has United DNA written all over him.

Thread: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/would-you-take-ten-hag-at-united/

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
We have a good squad, so we should hire a tactical/technical manager rather than a squad builder /man manager like Ole. That rules out Zidane.

Stadjer

Tuchel came to Chelsea and made them stop conceding goals and won the CL with Werner up top.

If Conte comes in and makes Manchester United stop conceding goals (which is something Conte is capable of) he still has Ronaldo, Rashford, Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood and Sancho at the front to score goals. The only problem i can see with Conte is that we dont have wingbacks for his system.

Chairman Steve

It’s between Ten Hag or Zidane for me.

Ten Hag might just edge it for me currently because he gives off the impression he’d stay longer than Zidane would and we‘d probably play exciting football.. Conte would be 3rd choice.

But as I’ve said in other threads, it’s all speculation and on paper from all of us including me. Ten Hag could be underwhelming in reality while Zidane/Conte could be the ones who actually make that final step for us… so it’s always good to keep an open mind about these things. Everyone is a risk.

dogwithabone

Van der Beek will be loving this and praying, like the rest of us, that the sack is imminent.

Status
Not open for further replies.