Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
With ETH we probably need a total overhaul that will take 3-4 years, and before its completed it will be very toxic in the fansbase and squad. He also need to get top 4 at minimum to avoid the sack in the process. With better options available for ETH, he will likely sign for someone else.

For me Conte was the man for this squad. To many big egos and primadonnas in the group that needs a big charismatic leader to function properly. His tactics are also on the easy side to implement.

The only profile left that can handle this squad is Zidane imo. He has a personality that fits primadonnas, and his tactics are also not to demanding.

Anyway i cant stand the squad, and want most of them gone so im still all in for ETH. I will give him the needed time, and take a few chaotic years before we are back on the top with a great style of play. Top 4 shouldnt be a minimum for him if we can see signs of improvements early on.

USREDEVIL

With ETH we probably need a total overhaul that will take 3-4 years, and before its completed it will be very toxic in the fansbase and squad. He also need to get top 4 at minimum to avoid the sack in the process. With better options available for ETH, he will likely sign for someone else.

For me Conte was the man for this squad. To many big egos and primadonnas in the group that needs a big charismatic leader to function properly. His tactics are also on the easy side to implement.

The only profile left that can handle this squad is Zidane imo. He has a personality that fits primadonnas, and his tactics are also not to demanding.

Anyway i cant stand the squad, and want most of them gone so im still all in for ETH. I will give him the needed time, and take a few chaotic years before we are back on the top with a great style of play. Top 4 shouldnt be a minimum for him if we can see signs of improvements early on.
In for ETH. The only real contenders are ETH, Poch, and dare i say it...Brenden Rodgers. Zidane ain't coming. I'm fine with a little rebuild over the next year or 2, don't think it would take 3-4 years.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
In for ETH. The only real contenders are ETH, Poch, and dare i say it...Brenden Rodgers. Zidane ain't coming. I'm fine with a little rebuild over the next year or 2, don't think it would take 3-4 years.
I also can only see 3 managers being considered for the job.

Poch
Ten Hag
Amorim (dark horse option that I do think the club are keeping a close eye on)

Ten Hag is my favourite by a country mile. Would be really surprised if anyone outside these options get the job though.

JohnnyLaw

I also can only see 3 managers being considered for the job.

Poch
Ten Hag
Amorim
(dark horse option that I do think the club are keeping a close eye on)

Ten Hag is my favourite by a country mile. Would be really surprised if anyone outside these options get the job though.
If Amorim is an option (even as a dark horse) then surely Potter needs to be in there aswell?

::sonny::

Sometimes thats the challenge though. Like Klopp took Liverpool job. We are going to be an entirely different team by next season (if Ralf stays that long in his consulting role).
Not sure, never seen more than 3 sales and 3 signings per year

This is what history say

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Regardless of who it is, how long after he is will he be sacked? I'll say two seasons.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
If Amorim is an option (even as a dark horse) then surely Potter needs to be in there aswell?
I'd have him as an option certainly. I don't think he will be though. I think they worry too much about hiring another Moyes, for a mid table Premier League manager to be chosen.

Amorim is the only wildcard that I think has a strong chance.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Not sure, never seen more than 3 sales and 3 signings per year

This is what history say
It doesn't have to be new signings though.

Mason, Elanga, Amad, Mjebri, Sancho,Fred, Laird, Shaw,Maguire,Varane, DDG.

Now add 3 solid signings to that and you will see what I meant.

A rejuvenated Rashford, Bruno could still contribute .

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
How much time does the new permanent manager get before the social media commentators get on his back with venomous rage for loosing a game or 2?.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Sometimes thats the challenge though. Like Klopp took Liverpool job. We are going to be an entirely different team by next season (if Ralf stays that long in his consulting role).
Unless erik tan hag gets assurances from the board that he has the final say in showing the door to the players he'd be an idiot to jump into a snake pit.

Klop didnt wave a wand and transform players, he shipped them out and got new ones, who as it turns out were more suited to the style of play he was going to implement. Even klop knew turd cannot be polished! meanwhile we're sacking manager after manager and not shipping out the turd.

wise_old_man

Ten Hag might be looking at the media treatment of Rangnick (Who is only an INTERIM manager) and having second thoughts on coming here.

Yakuza_devils

Rangnick is here less than 2 months and some players already turned against him and downed tool in our games. The players power at this club makes me sick. How can all these world best paid football players play so badly and get away with it?

ETH style is also based on pressing and working hard. I don't think he will last long here with this lot. These players demand easy life and refuse to put in 100% effort. Any manager that need them to press and run more has no chance.

Since LVG, every manager said the same thing, our players are not fit enough. This is the cancer culture in our clubs for the last 9 years.

They can press for 30 mins in the Palace game. After that they refused to do it at all. This lot is shameful putting in half hearted efforts week in week out while earning millions a year.

It's time the fans revolt against the players instead of the manager. We could hire Pep and Klopp, but if the players refuse to run and press or follow the tactic we would have "Pep or Klopp Sack Watch" thread after 5 games in charge and the players get away with murder.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Rangnick is here less than 2 months and some players already turned against him and downed tool in our games. The players power at this club makes me sick. How can all these world best paid football players play so badly and get away with it?

ETH style is also based on pressing and working hard. I don't think he will last long here with this lot. These players demand easy life and refuse to put in 100% effort. Any manager that need them to press and run more has no chance.

Since LVG, every manager said the same thing, our players are not fit enough. This is the cancer culture in our clubs for the last 9 years.

They can press for 30 mins in the Palace game. After that they refused to do it at all. This lot is shameful putting in half hearted efforts week in week out while earning millions a year.

It's time the fans revolt against the players instead of the manager. We could hire Pep and Klopp, but if the players refuse to run and press or follow the tactic we would have "Pep or Klopp Sack Watch" thread after 5 games in charge and the players get away with murder.
The players need to be cleared out. As saf used to say, the manager is the most important person on the footballing side for any club, if his authority is not respected then the club cannot be successful on the pitch.

Rangnick should be given the full and final say on how to deal with these snakes. I for one wouldn't mind a mid table finish if he played the kids and got rid of the snakes on big money.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The players need to be cleared out. As saf used to say, the manager is the most important person on the footballing side for any club, if his authority is not respected then the club cannot be successful on the pitch.

Rangnick should be given the full and final say on how to deal with these snakes. I for one wouldn't mind a mid table finish if he played the kids and got rid of the snakes on big money.
A good chunk of the squad will be gone at the end of the season anyway:

Henderson - won't stay
Lingard - Free
Pogba - Free
Bailly - Wants out
Mata - past it anyway
Matic - only a year left
Cavani - Wants to leave

That's not even including the VDB, Telles, Dalot and potential others that are 50/50.

So we'll be promoting youth who can buy into a new managers philosophy or bring players that play the style the manager wants. I think it's come as a bit of shock how bad we actually are this season, compared to last. I think even if we weren't sold on Ole, we didn't expect to be fighting to get INTO the top 4, but we always knew this summer coming would see massive changes.

saivet

No doubt (I hope anyway) Rogers is only mentioned as a last resort if we can't bring in a preferred target. Possibly our David Moyes if you believe rumours of SAF asking Carlo, Jose and Pep first.

432JuanMata

No doubt (I hope anyway) Rogers is only mentioned as a last resort if we can't bring in a preferred target. Possibly our David Moyes if you believe rumours of SAF asking Carlo, Jose and Pep first.
I feel Rodgers would do better than Moyes but I also hope it’s a last resort would take Potter first. Ten Haag then Poch for me

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Ronaldo needs to be chucked out.

Bondi77

How much time does the new permanent manager get before the social media commentators get on his back with venomous rage for loosing a game or 2?.
There is more news when we are going shite than there is when we are going well and the media love it and some people love to whinge and this site is proof of that.

The United

RR is not being considered for the manager which was widely known since from the beginning.

But Ronaldo had to get it out anyway to risk his reputation with the fans and the coaching staff.

Legit stuff really.

RedCurry

RR is not being considered for the manager which was widely known since from the beginning.

But Ronaldo had to get it out anyway to risk his reputation with the fans and the coaching staff.

Legit stuff really.
When you put it like that… :lol:

The United

When you put it like that… :lol:
It just sounds like testing to see how many brain cells people have.

Just ridiculous. Not that I would back Ronaldo in that sense if it was true. And the club didn't even really listen to SAF ( Moyes and Ole sackings) or Sir Bobby (Jose) with managerial appointment let alone a soon to be 37 years old player. He probably would not even be here next season regardless of the manager if we don't get CL football.

People like to keep feeding themselves to negative stuff just to feel angry or something. Pretty weird stuff.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

That last tweet is extremely worrying. How could the decision makers at the club come to that conclusion? Are they happy to let the players have an easy ride and just not be taught how to become a great team? It's just one shocking decision after another.

RedCurry

It just sounds like testing to see how many brain cells people have.

Just ridiculous. Not that I would back Ronaldo in that sense if it was true. And the club didn't even really listen to SAF ( Moyes and Ole sackings) or Sir Bobby (Jose) with managerial appointment let alone a soon to be 37 years old player. He probably would not even be here next season regardless of the manager if we don't get CL football.

People like to keep feeding themselves to negative stuff just to feel angry or something. Pretty weird stuff.
It definitely feels like one or two pieces of gossip came out of United players which got a lot of traction. Then the rest in the media just went away with inventing stories to get easy clicks.

The United

That last tweet is extremely worrying. How could the decision makers at the club come to that conclusion? Are they happy to let the players have an easy ride and just not be taught how to become a great team? It's just one shocking decision after another.
It could be bs because RR is more or less similar to Conte and maybe even more intense with his famous high pressing and 8-10 seconds time frame.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
We should not appoint a manager for next season. Let the players manage themselves, i wonder who they will blame then ?

This lot is like a cancer growing inside the club and unless it is cut out there wont be any improvement.

copen1945

We should not appoint a manager for next season. Let the players manage themselves, i wonder who they will blame then ?

This lot is like a cancer growing inside the club and unless it is cut out there wont be any improvement.
As it has been said, Mourinho did state the problem correctly. It was unfortunate that his solution was to burn down the house, so that only he can make an escape.

Ironically enough, the best possible manager for these United players is still Ole.

oreon

So much stuff is being leaked out that who knows what true and what is made up. But if this true, at the end of the season UTD should release from his contract and let him leave. No player just dictate who should be the manager

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
As it has been said, Mourinho did state the problem correctly. It was unfortunate that his solution was to burn down the house, so that only he can make an escape.

Ironically enough, the best possible manager for these United players is still Ole.
The solution is not to get a manager who can mollycoddle cry babies but to get rid of the cry babies.

jem

Who knows if this is true, but honestly, Ronaldo should have zero sway over who our next manager is. If he doesn't like it, then he can feck off to some other club that will be bow to his demands.

copen1945

The solution is not to get a manager who can mollycoddle cry babies but to get rid of the cry babies.
Hopefully, the board has the bravery and the foresight to take that step, which will be financially damaging and invite further criticism, at least for the short term.

Tyrion

Nor do I. People exaggerate how bad things are when a club is underperforming. Chelsea squad got criticised as not good enough under Lampard before Tuchel came in and then they're champions of Europe.

We have a lot of money and some very good players. It wouldn't take 4 years before we could improve. Besides, our fans are pretty patient by comparison with other clubs.

wise_old_man

We have a lot of money and some very good players. It wouldn't take 4 years before we could improve. Besides, our fans are pretty patient by comparison with other clubs.
You could argue that our fans being extremely patient and forgiving is what allowed the board's incompetence to last for so many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.