Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

How is Galtier the better manager when he's 18 points behind PSG with the defending French champions? His title win last season was impressive, but enlighten me here because all I've seen mentioned as support for this view is the fact he manages a team with less funding and star quality
He manages a team with much less funding and stars that haven't conceded a goal in almost 400 minutes against the richest club in the world.

How is it a surprise that people rate him?

His previous work at Lille is even more impressive when you realize that when he first took over midseason they were in a relegation battle. He kept them up and then brought them to 2nd place in the league within a year which included a 5-1 win against mighty PSG. He ended up winning the whole thing 2 seasons later.

He now has a team that finished 9th last season currently sitting in 2nd place while his former team that won the league are sitting in 9th right now. This is a side that has never qualified for the Champions League yet by the way.

They've also beaten PSG in the last game after already knocking them out of the Coupe de France weeks earlier.

Think again before scoffing at the notion of him being a great manager next time...

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He manages a team with much less funding and stars that haven't conceded a goal in almost 400 minutes against the richest club in the world.

His previous work at Lille is even more impressive when you realize that when he first took over midseason they were in a relegation battle. He kept them up and then brought them to 2nd place in the league within a year which included a 5-1 win against mighty PSG. He ended up winning the whole thing 2 seasons later.

He now has a team that finished 9th last season currently sitting in 2nd place while his former team that won the league are sitting in 9th right now. This is a side that has never qualified for the Champions League yet by the way.

They've also beaten PSG in the last game after already knocking them out of the Coupe de France earlier.

Think again before scoffing at the notion of him being a great manager next time...
Think PSG would be glad if he left the country.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I'd find it very strange that Ralf is being kept out of the loop on the new managers position. The whole point of having a DOF is to ensure continuity at the club, as in hiring managers with more or less the same style of play, the same as with players. Ralf was brought in as interim on the pretext of being a consultant to the DOF and if he's not consulting behind the scenes then something really is rotten within the club. What's the point of him having a consulting role if nobody is consulting with him even if that specific job hasn't actually started?

If Ralf thinks ETH would be a great candidate and the club chooses someone with a different philosophy then the club may as well rip up his 2 year contract because the next managerial post is the biggest decision in the here and now and if Ralf doesn't have an input what's the point?
From the horse's mouth, Rangnick has no inputs or not being consulted on the new manager position. It also seems that the style of play he so drastically implemented major changes mid season may not be for long term either. Really hope this time round Murtough knows what he is doing and guide us to the right direction.

United in sin

They've also beaten PSG in the last game after already knocking them out of the Coupe de France weeks earlier.

I'm not discrediting the guy, I asked why you thought he's a better manager than Pochettino, why you think he's a 'great' manager other than what you opened your response with.

Galtier is 55. In my opinion he hasn't achieved enough to be considered great, because we might as well add the likes of Claude Puel and Alain Perrin to that list. Hell, might as throw in Claudio Renieri and Benitez while we're at it.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
The guy still thinks it will be the manager's job to "redevelop the stadium" and "take over the planning of the training ground". He will never learn, a dinosaur in the mind, not even at age 50. You'd think at some point he'd be able to move on, to comprehend and realize there is a reality beyond his personal experience and history under SAF. But nope.

Coops73

Whoever takes on the job of our next manager needs to be one ballsy motherfecker, it’s a poisoned chalice.

You’d be mad to take on this club and group of players, it would ruin your career.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Other than a big payday there's not a lot of upside to taking this job. A manager that knows his stuff should be taking one look at this squad and demanding 6-7 new starters before agreeing to take it on.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The next manager has to get us all working in unison. We cannot have one player not doing it. If one player isnt doing it, it collapses.

BorisManUtd

On days like this it feels like it doesn't matter anymore who's to become our next manager, same problems will remain. Depressing stuff.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
We need to hire Klopp. No other manager can compete with Guardiola. He is in a league of his own.

Mickson

Rangnick made an interview with Swedish Viaplay, he said he doesn't know what his consult role means and what he will do and that they haven't talked much about it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Rangnick made an interview with Swedish Viaplay, he said he doesn't know what his consult role means and what he will do and that they haven't talked much about it.
He has hinted that many times. Even did yesterday. The club is a shambles. Hes not being coy...hes just saying jt as it is. His consult role is bullshit.
The club is running as it always had.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
If I was a potential manager, I would run a mile away from Old Trafford.
Because who ever they are, once the players decide, they will get you the stack. Just like Ole, Jose, LVG and Moyes.
The squad is rotten to the core.

GiddyUp

It will be Carlo Ancelloti. Fletcher is already chewing gum on the sideline getting ready for his turn in this pathetic cycle.

Supports
Barcelona
I think you need an established heavyweight who managed successfully the giants of Europe. Enough with promising youngsters, managers of good midtable teams, cough Tottenham cough, or managers of teams outside England, Spain, Italy and Germany. Enough with this experiment, of hiring "good promising" names, that has been going for years.

Only exception to the above critereia is may be a youngster who's an excellent motivator + and had some successes, but still in the above leagues only.

Of the poll above, only Zidane suits you. Ancellotti is another potential name.

If you still fail after that, you need a new philosophy in running the club!

Caesar2290

I think you need an established heavyweight who managed successfully the giants of Europe. Enough with promising youngsters, managers of good midtable teams, cough Tottenham cough, or managers of teams outside England, Spain, Italy and Germany. Enough with this experiment, of hiring "good promising" names, that has been going for years.

Only exception to the above critereia is may be a youngster who's an excellent motivator + and had some successes, but still in the above leagues only.

Hire LvG, hire Mourinho :rolleyes:

Rolaholic

The blueprint is right there with the best sides in the country.

We need someone that can implement a system and set style of play to the point where we can still play the same way no matter the personnel.

All the better if it's a modern attack oriented system

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

The only thing that matters is getting someone of pure management talent as they're either coming to, or are at their peak.

Jose and Van Gaal are exactly the bit n your post I highlighted. The huge problem was both were well beyond their best days.

DickDastardly

Who gives a feck about his English.

Hire an interpreter ffs.

And give him time. Klopp and Pep will eventually feck off, and then we'll get a chance to win the title.
Not before.

Supports
Barcelona
Hire LvG, hire Mourinho :rolleyes:
The last time LVG was an established heavyweight was in the 90s! Since then his only significant achievment was s single season in 2009/2010.

Mourinho has been shit since like 2012. He's been continuously failing with every team he managed this last decade or so.

Supports
Barcelona
The only thing that matters is getting someone of pure management talent as they're either coming to, or are at their peak.

Jose and Van Gaal are exactly the bit n your post I highlighted. The huge problem was both were well beyond their best days.
Exactly. I just commented on that.

Irwin99

Whoever it is has an unenviable task sorting out this squad. Near 500 million spent in the past three seasons and this is the state we're in :(

WelshManc

There were reports (last year I think) that Ten Hag was interviewed by Spurs and they declined appointing him.

Would you want a manager who not even Spurs want?
If that was because his English wasn't all that good but he's now working on that and proves that he can speak very good English, then yes, I'd want him.

Ralph1386

On days like this it feels like it doesn't matter anymore who's to become our next manager, same problems will remain. Depressing stuff.
That’s what I said in another thread. People are putting too much inportance into this new manager decision. The same problems will remain under these owners and their incompetent board. Sad but true.

MUFC OK

It really is this simply, get ETH and we can hope for a transformation within 3-4 years. Appoint anyone else and this train towing hundreds of carriages of shit will continue to roll before our eyes.

Chairman Steve

I thought there was an article saying he was learning more English to become more fluent and be more confident in expressing himself in English.

Yakuza_devils

Based on recent reports, Rangnick has not been asked his opinion on the new manager selection. He was also not sure of the details of his "consultancy" roles. Hence, it's very likely that he is only appointed for 6 months and not the "laying foundation and continuity" planning that the fans hope for.

I thought many here said that Murtough is the proper football man and under him we will revamp the football structure. But looks like these shits are still happening under him too. There is no proper communication, planning, structure and style of play.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I thought many here said that Murtough is the proper football man and under him we will revamp the football structure.
I don't know a single United fan who is confident that this is the case.

However, if he went out and hired Rangnick for six months, with zero intention of involving him in anything long-term, just being (bizarrely) interested in him as an interim manager - then he comes across not so much as incompetent but more of a troll of some kind, really.

If we had no interest in the long-term potential of whoever replaced Ole temporarily, then why go after Rangnick of all people - and offer him this "consultant" role (for two bloody years)? To compensate him for his contract (in Russia)? Why not go for someone, anyone - really - you don't have to offer such a ridiculous deal to? If his only remit is to keep the ship afloat after a fashion until the end of the season, why Rangnick of all possible candidates?

I'm not saying it isn't so (because feck knows we seem capable of any kind of folly) - but this makes absolutely no sense even by our standards.

Telsim

Our illustrious board is aware that their precious Pochettino used an interpreter for a while, right? Nah, I doubt they are aware of anything. Like, what is this - the 80s? I wouldn't be surprised if the leeches don't want to spend money on an interpreter.

Status
Not open for further replies.