Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

The guy has to be given a proper chance now, not moaning and groaning if we have growing pains 10 games in. No magic wands expected. I want to see steady progress, certainly, but if we're going for the overhaul in recruitment, culture, our whole ethos then that isn't a one season job. We've seemingly settled on this guy as somebody that can build something, so let him build it has to be the approach from the board and fans. If he's a total disaster that's different, but realistically we do have to expect some tough times too.

Loon

:lol:
It’s amusing that a guy who supposedly speaks very little English has had so much to say.

It’ll be funny when he does his first press conference and his English is great.

romufc

Agreed. His technical skill is as good as his driving skill. Other players might have some deficiencies, but AWB is the most unnatural footballer I have ever seen in the club. To think a player who cant head the ball for his life, cant pass control and dribble for shit and crumble under any slight pressure become a CB is a recipe for disaster
Exactly. Also, to play CB you need to be able to do things like anticipate, intercept and read the game. AWB can do none of those, the only thing he can do is slide tackle and I do not want my CB slide tacking because it is a huge risk for a penalty.

Forget the other aspects like you mentioned which he is absolutely shocking at. I sometimes struggle to believe he is a professional footballer, let alone play for United.

Foxbatt

People think he is going to sell Martial. I don't think so. I think Martial is the kind of player he likes Provided he makes the effort.

Jackal981

Exactly. Also, to play CB you need to be able to do things like anticipate, intercept and read the game. AWB can do none of those, the only thing he can do is slide tackle and I do not want my CB slide tacking because it is a huge risk for a penalty.

Forget the other aspects like you mentioned which he is absolutely shocking at. I sometimes struggle to believe he is a professional footballer, let alone play for United.
To think he used to play as a winger in his youth christ on bike :lol: . And he tops the 800 RB list bollox that this club compiled. Did they read the list in reverse order or what

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
People think he is going to sell Martial. I don't think so. I think Martial is the kind of player he likes Provided he makes the effort.
The final part is why he will get rid of him, Martial doesn't make an effort. Plus, doesn't exactly seem like Martial wants to be here anyway.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I had a thought a couple of weeks ago. Poch compromising his playing principles to accommodate the PSG front three might have cost him the United job. It's been reported that we wanted someone that would instill a playing identity. His PSG stint has put question marks as to whether he's the man for that.
It probably cost him his job at PSG too.

Aretak

The final part is why he will get rid of him, Martial doesn't make an effort. Plus, doesn't exactly seem like Martial wants to be here anyway.
His loan spell at Sevilla has been a disaster and his wife has just left him, so it might have changed his views on whether the grass will be greener somewhere else. Maybe he'll report to pre-season ready to knuckle down and get on with it.

Or not.

Real Name

His loan spell at Sevilla has been a disaster and his wife has just left him, so it might have changed his views on whether the grass will be greener somewhere else. Maybe he'll report to pre-season ready to knuckle down and get on with it.

Or not.
Didn't his wife already leave him few years ago or that's another wife?

Thepinhead

If that is a fact, and it may be, I'd choose Jose over Pogba every time. I'd rather have a shot t instant success compared with no chance at all - which is where we are now. Ole's vision for the future turned out to be pipe dream
Ye in hindsight it didn't turn out the way we hoped. But still think Mourinho had to go but so should agter he kept talking to French media about how much he would like to play for this and that club.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We need a clear out of any coaches that were there under Ole. Ralf and Ten Hags appointments may be similar enough to work together but why keep coaches that have consistantly shown they can't get our players to play.
Who? Carrick and McKenna already left. Phelan isn’t coaching from what I read

RedMilo

The person making the decision was reported to be John Murtough. And how well did he potentially know the credentials of Erik ten Hag? The answer to that is very simple without me even pointing to Edwin van der Sar or Steve McClaren. And that is due to Murtough having people working under him in senior recruitment roles who know Ajax very well and also know the coaching philosophy that Erik ten Hag wants to implement. And those people are Henny de Regt (was at Ajax for 18 years) and Marcel Bout (former assistant to Jupp Heynckes) who are both Dutch and are well versed in the positional play principles. And I predicted Murtough would go this direction and appoint ten Hag due to the above reasons. When you have people with such experience working with you then it's sensible to tap into their expertise on the subject.

We can't predict the future mate and we can't say for sure if any coach will go on to be a success. But I've always believed that Manchester United should always hire a coach who looks to implement a proactive, attacking brand of football with the aim of playing in the opponents half. And this is the first time we've done that since Fergie retired, and the appointment also meshes well with the modern game when it comes to applying the counter press.

So the difference between ten Hag and Pochettino is ideology. EtH wants to dominate the ball via positional play to exert zonal, positional and numerical superiority in a vertical axis, with the counter press as the secondary weapon, which is to attempt to win the ball back immediately after losing it.

Pochettino on the other hand places heavy emphasis on verticality and the counter press to win the ball back quickly high up the pitch to then counter attack the opponent. His teams on the ball aren't as well coached in comparison to ten Hag who places a heavy emphasis on positional play on the ball and positional play without the ball. Pochettino places heavy emphasis on positional play without the ball.

So for me ten Hag's ideals are superior and potentially more entertaining and it was the correct decision by the club because attacking football won.
Ooh Adnan you have a way with words - you do know how to win me over with your logic :-) Looking forward to ETH after reading that ! Its just every key decision they have made over the last 9 years, they have got not just wrong but spectacularly wrong, verging on incompetence. I hope they have let Murtough decide and that he knows his stuff.. Wont be completely happy until the current owners are gone tbh though

Artimities

I am tickled by this choice.
1) Moyes was boring and just not the right guy.
2) LVG had ideas and tactics, but other than his sideline dive at the ref's that time was rather nonexistent.
3) Jose was too stuck in his ways and as typical Jose does, lost the team after 2 seasons
4) OGS was the heart string hire and he started so well. However, the big games showed he lack of true tactics and seems to have given the players too much freedom to express themselves.
5) Carrick was the one guy I never thought much of as a potential manager. He proved me wrong and really looked the part. Hats off to his effort for taking over when we needed something.
6) RR is smart and a deep thinker, but not the right guy for manager. However, I believe it is because of him that we have Ten Hag coming in....

so Ten Hag seems like a good fit for me. Breaks the mold a bit and in 2 years, we may well be on our way back to the promised land. He has my vote of confidence!!!!
I am excited to see how this summer pans out.

C'est Moi Cantona

Rooney would have been hard enough to believe, but Giggs! they're not even trying there, they should have said Keane instead, that would have got a few people going.

pascell

Giggs, Scholes and Rooney, so much bs:lol:

Giggs we wouldn't go anywhere near. Rooney is a manager and has already rejected a PL managers position, Scholes' experience is giving up on Oldham.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Never believe what is posted on Twitter without supporting evidence. Rooney, gigs, scholes? That is hard to believe, but honestly wouldn't surprise me. It makes whatever this guy said before look uncredible. Rooney who wanted poch in charge?, there would be a lot of confusion towards how he would compliment ETH, but the idea is fascinating :lol:. McClaren makes more sense as he worked with ETH before. Why is it unlikely now?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They were the first one reporting that EtH wants someone with United connections.
They post a lot of shite. And it's not about just having United connections but generally being a bridge between the Dutchman and the players at the club, especially considering he's still working on his English.

That's why the linked candidates were the likes of Rene, RvP, RvN ,etc.

Not fecking Wayne Rooney and Ryan Giggs :lol: Rio's called them out directly as bullshitters, they're a nothing source.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Or not.
That sounds terrible to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.