Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

littlepeasoup

We would take the world's most exciting progressive manager and utterly break them. Shambles of a football structure at the club from the very top down. Obviously we need a new manager now, but our problems are so much bigger than that.

LARulz

They are looking at an interim....does that mean ten hag? That would be tasty.
Would mean we've blown this season in my opinion though. An interim who everybody knows is leaving anyway and the players may think "no CL football, no idea who the new guy is/how we work together, so I'll go"

If you're a player, this brings you absolutely 0 confidence

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Would mean we've blown this season in my opinion though. An interim who everybody knows is leaving anyway and the players may think "no CL football, no idea who the new guy is/how we work together, so I'll go"

I disagree, it's worked quite a few places in the past I think. Hiddink for one.

Eddy_JukeZ

Interesting how we’ve said that we are looking at interim manager until the end of the season. Shows that the manager we want is not available at present. Why else would you say “until end of season”?

Makes it more likely to be Ten Hagg.
I really hope so.

Bring Van Der Sar and Overmars with him too.

Topperharley

Supports
QPR (Dad is lifelong Utd fan)
Would Ferguson come back for the rest of the season as a joint position with Carrick or Fletcher. Seems to me, as an outsider, you are screwed by the fact you have one of the best squads in the league, so the incoming manager has to perform immediately. The players are capable of beating any team in the world, they need someone they will follow, your shortlist looks pretty woeful.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I wouldn't get my hopes up that we want Ten Hag since the statement indicates the manager we want is not available. Rodgers also doesn't seem available going by reports that he doesn't want to leave Leciester now

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
As good as it is to finally get Ole out of the way, Carrick and McKenna need to be sacked pronto.

Otherwise, we'll have a season like Chelsea and finish in the lower half of the table. It seems we cannot even do a sacking right.

Dante

Average bang
Lopetegui sounds like the Spanish David Moyes.

Give him a top 6 club and he can overachieve. But put him in charge of a mega club/nation, and his philosophy collapses in on itself.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Not necessarily. Dortmund had exactly that situation last season when they sacked Favre, signed Rose for this season and made Terzic (assistant to Favre) interim manager. Terzic got them the CL qualification, which seemed impossible at a time and won the DFB Cup. It can work.

Eddy_JukeZ

We're finished if we're actually targeting Rodgers in the summer.

Leicester fans literally want to get rid of him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Waiting to the end of the season means Rodgers or ETH. Rodgers is out of contract iirc so knowing this board it'll be him.
I don't think that it means anything too specific outside of no obvious mid to long term managers being available.

Flying_Heckfish

Let's pray ETH puts up a madness in the CL. That's the only hope
I hope they have identified who they want already and that's why they didn't sack Ole sooner... They were perhaps just hoping to limp over the line before getting the long-term target in. ETH definitely fits that bill and could be revolutionary for us. Rodgers is a good coach but I am not sure he's quite ready for United.

Thiagoal

So we’re essentially now looking for two managers.
One to steady the ship till the summer- and one for the ‘long term’

My money is on Blanc and ETH

Orange Tree

I hope we are trying to sign ETH for next season, not Rodgers.

What's Di Matteo up to these days? Maybe he can fluke his way to another CL win again as caretaker.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

Lots of top teams have used interim managers quite successfully, don’t see why our players should be different.

the_cliff

It will be interesting to see what happens with Rodgers, if he does get fired, we can't hire him then surely.

A sacked Leicester manager and former scouser as our manager. The fans would go ballistic.

LARulz

Lots of top teams have used interim managers quite successfully, don’t see why our players should be different.
I can't see it keeping Pogba (if he leaves fine but still not great), Ronaldo I really cannot see staying if we drop out of top 4 and all our semi decent players who are on the edge may just go to a club where they know they are definitely wanted. A player may not risk another season on the fringes with a new manager

Affirmation

The indication that they cannot find a permanent appointment really highlights how badly this football club is ran. This is Manchester United, persuading one of the managers on their shortlist and if needed, paying their club compensation shouldn't be a challenging issue to overcome. It's also embarrassing that the club cannot go out and find a permanent manager to take charge considering they just brought in Cristiano Ronaldo, who I'm sure doesn't want to play a valuable season of his career for an 'interim manager'.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Would you have Woodward running our training sessions for the next few days?
These guys will get sacked soon, I'm sure.
You do realize that there isn't just Carrick, McKenna, and Phelan right? There are literally dozens of coaches the work for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.