Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So essentially Ole sacked for no reason. The entire coaching staff is staying.
The problem is that you can't sack the entire coaching staff unless you have one ready to takeover tomorrow. That's why sacking him two weeks ago was a better idea.

VivaRonaldo85

Only this club would use an interim manager policy yet again. If that doesn’t show a total lack of foresight and footballing know how at the top, I don’t know what does. Can’t think of another club that has appointed back to back interims. Embarrassing.

Hammondo

I can't see it keeping Pogba (if he leaves fine but still not great), Ronaldo I really cannot see staying if we drop out of top 4 and all our semi decent players who are on the edge may just go to a club where they know they are definitely wanted. A player may not risk another season on the fringes with a new manager
Ronaldo is contracted for 2 seasons

JPRouve

Scout
You do realize that there isn't just Carrick, McKenna, and Phelan right? There are literally dozens of coaches the work for the club.
I suggested a youth coach like Neil Wood but he is allegedly not good at all.

Keefy18

Only this club would use an interim manager policy yet again. If that doesn’t show a total lack of foresight and footballing know how at the top, I don’t know what does. Can’t think of another club that has appointed back to back interims. Embarrassing.
Almost every single club does this.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
It's official.

Goodbye Ole, we don't think any less of you. You tried your best but couldn't take us to the next stage. 2Olegend

Harold_Giles

You do realize that there isn't just Carrick, McKenna, and Phelan right? There are literally dozens of coaches the work for the club.
Of course, but we have a game in 2 days.
A very important one.
I just think it'd be reckless to throw away a large chunk of our coaching staff at once with no replacement.

Don't get me wrong, I want them gone sooner rather than later.

Hammondo

If the manager we want is only available at the end of the season, then we should wait until the end of the season.

Short termism won't help.

This season doesn't matter in the long term.

JPRouve

Scout
Neil Wood would have been fine for a week or two.
That's what I think, I'm not even sure if we should care too much about losing a game or two, if it means that we can reset the season cleanly.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The summer isn’t a great time for managerial search either as the World Cup is in the winter and the likes of Enrique won’t be available until then, so it has to be a club manager or someone currently unemployed.

Hammondo

I'd be stunned if Ronaldo didn't have a clause that allows him to leave should we fail to qualify for the CL.

He's not playing in the Europa League.
I dunno, possibly, he would still need to be bought by a club.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Of course, but we have a game in 2 days.
A very important one.
I just think it'd be reckless to throw away a large chunk of our coaching staff at once with no replacement.

Don't get me wrong, I want them gone sooner rather than later.
Neil Wood would have been suitable to take charge of the game. We've got rid of the manager because he's not good enough, his coaching staff is also not good enough. Like you say we have an important game coming up. Having Carrick in charge almost defeats the object of sacking Ole as it will almost certainly be the same.

Berbaclass

That's what I think, I'm not even sure if we should care too much about losing a game or two, if it means that we can reset the season cleanly.
Absolutely, it's literally time to clean house and build/plan for the future. Carrick and Phelan should not be in any way part of it.

JPRouve

Scout
Absolutely, it's literally time to clean house and build/plan for the future. Carrick and Phelan should not be in any way part of it.
Carrick could be at the end of a bench, if he has something to bring as a coach or as an assistant coach. But he shouldn't be an important figure in the staff, there is no obvious reason for it.

Berbaclass

Carrick could be at the end of a bench, if he has something to bring as a coach or as an assistant coach. But he shouldn't be an important figure in the staff, there is no obvious reason for it.
Yeah exactly. It's pretty much a continuation of the previous regime. We might as well have sacked Ole on Wednesday.

Harold_Giles

Neil Wood would have been suitable to take charge of the game. We've got rid of the manager because he's not good enough, his coaching staff is also not good enough. Like you say we have an important game coming up. Having Carrick in charge almost defeats the object of sacking Ole as it will almost certainly be the same.
Fair enough.

Let's just hope we get someone capable this week and let them bring in some of his own staff until the end of the season.

Scholsey2004

He managed the Spanish U19 and U21 youth teams from 2010-2014, winning the Euro U19 and Euro U21 championships.
Yeah but thats youth football. Youth football at a pretty high standard but still its not management in one of the top 5 leagues.

Hughes35

Surely the next manager must be lined up ??? The sacking has been nailed on for weeks !

It must be the case that whoever we have lined up will only join at the end if the season ??? Surely? Even our club can't be that incompetent to sack Ole, put the problem coaching staff in charge without having a next manager plan ?

Judas

Open to offers
I don't see what possibly will be different on Tuesday with simply just Ole gone seeing as didn't coach anyway. Be quite baffling if we're amazing and totally a changed team.

Pep's Suit

Don't think Zidane wants to coach in PL, can only see him at Juve/PSG/France NT next. Valverde or Blanc until the end of this season + 2-year option could be decent for United.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don't see what possibly will be different on Tuesday with simply just Ole gone seeing as didn't coach anyway. Be quite baffling if we're amazing and totally a changed team.
Mood could be lifted by the prospect of change I suppose.

Knowing that someone else is coming in shortly, the players might rally to make sure they have CL football in February and be more up for it than they would have been under Ole.

Plus tbf to the coaches, much though I don't rate them on the basis of the actual evidence of the coaching we've seen they still weren't the manager. We don't know what decisions in terms of team selection they were behind. It might be we'll see an improvement in terms of x player being dropped or y player being used.

Remember the geese

I don't think we have earmarked anyone. I don't believe the club has planned for this at all, which is deeply concerning, but not at all surprising. Pure negligence. I would have sacked Ole after Leicester, others may have done so after Liverpool, City or the Europa League final. The timing is abysmal. The international break would have given us a bit of time to get our house in order, but no, far too sensible. An interim until the end of the season indicates that Zidane clearly isn't interested. My guess is that it will be Poch or ten Hag in the summer.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
This is an absolute disaster class in running a football team.

First, they left it to now to sack him, thus preventing the new management team from having a couple of weeks to bed in over a break. Second, they fail to get Conte who was easily available and is a top 10 coach in world football. Third they still don't have a real plan for how to deal with the rest of the season. I mean, it is one thing sacking the manager and having one of his underlings taking over for a game because the new manager needs a couple of days to move over to the UK or something; another to implement the underling with an undetermined date and then start looking for another manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.