Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barthez

Willing to throw away yet another season :lol: it's like people want to go 30 years without a title like Liverpool. We need to stop backing people out of their depth, Ole isn't the one.
This isn’t a proper season anyway. It’s horrible. New manager comes in its rinse and repeat again. Need to back him and give him time like we gave Fergie.

MrSingh2002

Hard to find a better candidate than Pochettino.

Available
Knows the Premier League
Plays counter attacking football

Can he break down a low block?

Would love to see any stats that show how he performs against teams outside of the top 6 clubs vs Ole. That might tell us whether it's worth sacking an ex player and club legend.

padzilla

Hipster
The Glazers won’t spend the money to prise a too up and coming coach from their club. It will be someone who is out of work or at a lower level where the compensation will be next to nothing.

Deery

Dreary
I’d actually love to see Hassenhutl seems to improve players and play good football, don’t know his ceiling yet whereas Poch is a 4th place manager..

lilcurt

Can I ask who would you like to take the job? I do rate any choice between Rose, Naglesmann, Allegri and Poch.

I want to 100% back the manager again and I haven't in 18 months
I already said in my post I don't know. Probably one of Naglesmann or Poch but ideally it would be someone proven at the top level.

3KDré

Hasenhuttl, but this is pointless. It will be Poch.

El-Manos

To be honest, I don’t know anymore. Whenever we see progress, we take 3 steps back. It’s mental.

Mainoldo

Who's the man after the next manager?
Having a cry our we? Just make sure our new manager gets your full backing.

Bit of advice though. If the new manager isn’t good enough he gets sacked too.

Untd55

Who's the man after the next manager?
Sacking managers is a natural course for football clubs until you find the right manager; it took us 25 years before Ferguson. It took Liverpool 30 years before Klopp.

You just have to keep trying until we find the right person; it might be the next one or it might not. It is the right way to approach it; no point in continuing with something that doesn't work.

United58

Not Poch, obviously much better than Ole, but his football ain't great and he's an uninspiring bore. But it'll be him.

Rose, Naggelsmann even Hassenhutl intrigue me way more.
I get that dreaded feeling too, he'd be like LVG for us. We need to hire an attacking manager, it's utterly, utterly laughable that we keep hiring 10 men behind the ball managers.

Blame the Glazers and their finances all you want, and they are, but we've invested so much money since Ferguson retired on these defensive coaches. Why not attack?!

RUCK4444

Bored now, fill your boots on this shite.

Not even saying Ole is the answer just don’t think the answer is out there under this ownership, the quick options like Poch stink of exactly that, a quick fix.

tomaldinho1

Hasenhuttl.
  1. Because I put a bet on it when Ole was caretaker and it was obscene odds.
  2. He plays the style of football Ole has been trying to implement & it's an exciting style to watch, if he can do that with the dross at Soton, imagine him with some good players.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Not Poch, obviously much better than Ole, but his football ain't great and he's an uninspiring bore. But it'll be him.

Rose, Naggelsmann even Hassenhutl intrigue me way more.
This is what i worry about with Poch. Yes he plays the high press, but at Spurs he relied on the genius of Son, Kane and Dele to score.

What we really need is someone like Guardiola that can teach Cruyff like football.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Hasenhuttl.
  1. Because I put a bet on it when Ole was caretaker and it was obscene odds.
  2. He plays the style of football Ole has been trying to implement & it's an exciting style to watch, if he can do that with the dross at Soton, imagine him with some good players.
Agreed.

Pav1878

I would go for Poch, Ten Hag, Zidane or Rose.
Poch is solid and knows the PL. He'll be a safe pair of hands and get the players working hard and he's likeable

Ten Hag should be possible to get him out of Ajax.

Rose is the flavour of the month and doing really well but has just joined BM so I doubt we can get him.

Zidane has the credentials and is a serial winner. Strong personality and is respected by the players. He would need to get sacked by RM though, which is still a possibility this season.

RUCK4444

This is what i worry about with Poch. Yes he plays the high press, but at Spurs he relied on the genius of Son, Kane and Dele to score.

What we really need is someone like Guardiola that can teach Cruyff like football.
And this is why I can’t be bothered. Expect more of the same from Poch and Hassenhuttl

AshRK

People who expect us to play some swashbuckling football under Poch are in for a disappointment. He is a very good manager but his team wouldn't play the way some here are expecting. I wouldn't be surprised if in 3 or 4 momths there is a small Poch doubters roaming here.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Granted i dont watch any games other than United so i only to to see opposing teams that play us.

Nagglesman looks impressive, even though we hammered them. The current southamton boss looks impressive. I did watch Ajax when they played spurs in the CL semi and thought their play was very good and that they were unlucky not to go through. I have never seen Rose so i dont know much about him.

I think it will be Poch we go for which could be a mistake and i think it will follow the trajectory of ole himself, where we start off well and then in two years time we are looking for a new coach. Without having achieved much. I would love to be wrong of course.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Having a cry our we? Just make sure our new manager gets your full backing.

Bit of advice though. If the new manager isn’t good enough he gets sacked too.
Yeah and Ed Woodward keeps getting away with it, we don't go anywhere and you lot never learn.

I'm fine with Ole being sacked if that wanker Woodward goes too.

Edy2

We need a disciplinarian. Our players have had a free ride for too long. We need someone who will get right into them after a gutless performance like the last 2. I don't see poch as having that in his locker. May be wrong though.

Crustanoid

Woodward should be the next manager. He’s calling all the shots. Let the organ grinder face up to the issue

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Wasnt there a tweet there about a month ago about the players feeling not coached by Ole. So what they really want is someone who plays Cruyff football.

I think we have good players. Need to get rid of two or three like Mata and Lingard and Pogba. But a good coach would turn things around.

Judas

Open to offers
People who expect us to play some swashbuckling football under Poch are in for a disappointment. He is a very good manager but his team wouldn't play the way some here are expecting. I wouldn't be surprised if in 3 or 4 momths there is a small Poch doubters roaming here.
Yep, it's really odd. Poch's football isn't what people on here want, yet seemingly want him as our next manager? Don't really get it.

He won't last more than 2 and half seasons here, if he does, brilliant, because he'll have performed way better than I expect him to.

Lyng

I feel like Poch is only a small step above Ole. Someone like Nagelsmann plays fast offensive football which matches with our attacking players and our midfielders. Maybe he can even convince Upamecano to join him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sacking managers is a natural course for football clubs until you find the right manager; it took us 25 years before Ferguson. It took Liverpool 30 years before Klopp.

You just have to keep trying until we find the right person; it might be the next one or it might not. It is the right way to approach it; no point in continuing with something that doesn't work.
You can change managers as many times as you want..... Until we get rid of Woodward n Judge and bring in proper football men this club is done.

Change Ole for Poch. Change him for Allegri. The same thing will keep happening. The club is broken from top to bottom.

Bwuk

It’ll be Poch. If we lose to Everton we’ll do it in the International break.

Status
Not open for further replies.