Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony247

I got a feeling that it will be Ten Hag now. The fact we havent gone all out for Poch now makes me feel this way. Also if Ten Hag does better in Ch Lge as both will win their domestic leagues, might swing it as well. Eyes would have been on the City game on Wednesday and with 3 WC players they were basically played off the park, would be a black mark against Poch I would think.
Same for me. If we really wanted Poch this was the time to get him. We passed on him gives me hope of having ETH as permanent manager.

Tony247

I think we did not pursue Erik T Hag was out of respect for Ajax and VDS. Hopefully things will be different in summer.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I don't think United have Poch as the #1 target as some journos seems to think. David Ornstein in the below vid (8:15) clearly says that there's admiration for Pochettino but reports about things being advanced with him are not true. He further goes on to say that he thinks some intermediaries have been trying to work up a situation around Pochettino. He also say that other coaches will be considered and mentions Erik ten Hag.

True. I thought that yesterday. Rose , Hassenhuttl all could make good claims for a permanent manager in summer. I don't think this Poch love is as confirmed as everyone thinks.

I'm glad that we will have a proper structure in place for anyone who will take over with similar attributes. Now, I don't care about the current season as long as we have a definite playing style implemented.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I'm very confident that ETH is our number 1 target, based on nothing.

I just feel that if we wanted Poch we'd have gone after him now. IF Poch gets sacked before the end of the summer, that may change things though

IFC 1905

Thanks, I'll have a look. Do you see him in England or most likely in France/Spain, maybe PSG?
I don't see him in England to be honest. At least not now. More likely Spain/France. I don't see him in a big club either, so PSG isn't an option to me. United isn't too.

Uruguay are dying to hire him as their NT manager, but I don't think he'll accept.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
Look, I also prefer Ten Hag, but to dismiss Poch just because he didn't win the title and CL with Espanyol and Spurs is insane. As Pep said, only managers at top club are capable of winning titles because they have the resources and players to do so. Do you really think Pep or even Klopp would win anything with Spurs? There's very, very few managers in history that have overachieved so far as to win titles and CL with clubs that have no business winning those, like Clough or Fergie.
I can name one.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think for once I'd be happy as long as Rangnick makes the decision.

If he thinks ten Hag is the best- I hope we get him. If it's Pochettino then fair do.

Just let's keep it a single style for a whilst.

mu4c_20le

Yes but one of the reasons Jose started to sulk was because the board wouldn't sign the defenders he wanted
That and his own signings were starting to wane. Sure the lack of signings on his last season was often used as a reason or excuse for his meltdown, but let's not forget that he was demanding Woody sign him a third CB, for something ridiculous like 50-60m.

Ixion

That and his own signings were starting to wane. Sure the lack of signings on his last season was often used as a reason or excuse for his meltdown, but let's not forget that he was demanding Woody sign him a third CB, for something ridiculous like 50-60m.
Which we did exactly a year later anyway, for more than that

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
With news of Rangnick being interested in the permanent post, how can he advise on his competition for the position? Seems quite a convoluted scenario but I hope I'm wrong.

It wouldn't surprise me at all though if he did decent this season, got a cult like following with the fans and stayed on. Let's face it, any good for coach is going to look amazing now following from Ole and he's apparently a very good coach.

None of this is complaining or anything, just my thoughts on the situation from what we currently know.

gajender

With news of Rangnick being interested in the permanent post, how can he advise on his competition for the position? Seems quite a convoluted scenario but I hope I'm wrong.

It wouldn't surprise me at all though if he did decent this season, got a cult like following with the fans and stayed on. Let's face it, any good for coach is going to look amazing now following from Ole and he's apparently a very good coach.

None of this is complaining or anything, just my thoughts on the situation from what we currently know.
According to who Romano who didn't even have any clue about his appointment before news broke but now a day later he knows everything Classic Romano .

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I'm very confident that ETH is our number 1 target, based on nothing.

I just feel that if we wanted Poch we'd have gone after him now. IF Poch gets sacked before the end of the summer, that may change things though
PSG said no, otherwise he would be the manager right now.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
According to who Romano who didn't even have any clue about his appointment before news broke but now a day later he knows everything Classic Romano .
Right. Permanent manager role is below Rangnick's level he wants to be at in the organisation of a club, he wants to be higher up permanently.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
That’s good. Finally doing their due diligence.
Yea it seems as we're doing things the right way now. Which is surreal and it took woody to feck off really didn't it. Something good came out of the ESL debacle....

Greck

Why are some behaving as if Ralf Rangnick is coming here to displace Murtough, after his Interim manager stint he would stay on as Consultant who would most probably complement Murtough and certainly not supplant him.
Yeah I noticed the club has been very specific about the description "consultancy" role. They clearly do not intend to give him that kind of power. The guys hiring him didn't do so to get themselves fired. I have a strong distaste for our current hierarchy but we also have to be realistic to a point. No one is firing himself or actively supplanting it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Been fecked over too many times before. Just have to stay calm and enjoy the good decisions while we can. Lotta ball game left.
Let us dream, it's all we get to do nowadays. Next year is our year, la.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
See the Poch dissection is still going. I’ll be honest I watched a lot of spurs games especially when moyes was here. Leave me alone could have been the dippers… Anyway one thing I never found pochs teams to be was disorganised or simply pragmatic. Their passing was one thing that stuck out to me. They often came up against teams playing in a low block and they would work the ball round the sides, create overloads and break the lines. We’ve just had polar opposite of this with Ole, i just won’t have it that he’s some reactive, pragmatic coach. Maybe he adopted that approach in certain games, but as a rule not at all.

The reason saw so many games, was they were a fecking entertaining team. I’ve become better acquainted with ten hag asides from cl exploits via some of the informative stuff posted on this forum. I think he’d be a great appointment with the right structure around him. Don’t write pichettino off as something he is not though. Spurs played pretty cohesive, organised stuff under him. Don’t trust some of the spurs fans on here, one or two are next level bitter with no good reason. Imagine they’d had ole!

Last edited:

Sviken

The stuff of dreams, really. If this happens, i'll forget every incompetent decision this board has made so far, even if it doesn't work out. At least I'll know we tried for the very best.

Status
Not open for further replies.