Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I feel like Poch is only a small step above Ole. Someone like Nagelsmann plays fast offensive football which matches with our attacking players and our midfielders. Maybe he can even convince Upamecano to join him.
I agree.

Bwuk

I feel like Poch is only a small step above Ole. Someone like Nagelsmann plays fast offensive football which matches with our attacking players and our midfielders. Maybe he can even convince Upamecano to join him.
Behave. Ole is the worst manager in the league.

Cberg

Yeah, I've had it. This is no where remotely good enough. The shape, the lack of intensity, the obvious lack of coaching. WTF.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The players want to be coached like Red Bull Leipzig or Ajax are. Cruyff like football.

Dante

Average bang
They must not get a new manager till Pogba is sold
Pogba does seem like a bit of a millstone.

Jose tried to play hardball and got fired. Ole tried to bend over backwards bit it seems to be having the same effect.

Roboc7

It will be Poch as club don’t know how to recruit so has to be someone available. Whether people think he’s good choice or not he is a huge upgrade on Ole.

Behave. Ole is the worst manager in the league.
Without doubt.

But I sort of get his point about Poch. When he was at Southampton, and when he'd just arrived at Spurs, there was a narrative about him being a tactical manager - but since then numerous Spurs players have come out and said that he was a very hands off, 'go out and express yourselves' type manager who didn't have a narrowly defined system.

We're a woefully undercoached team. A stupid team.

We need a manager to come in with a firm ethos in terms of how he wants to play. A manager who rigorously coaches the team in his vision and disposes of those that can't adapt.

This shouldn't have to be said, but they also need to have standards - of play, of effort and of behaviour - which is something that doesn't exist under this manager.

Rose or Hassenhuttl for me.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Without doubt.

But I sort of get his point about Poch. When he was at Southampton, and when he'd just arrived at Spurs, there was a narrative about him being a tactical manager - but since then numerous Spurs players have come out and said that he was a very hands off, 'go out and express yourselves' type manager who didn't have a narrowly defined system.

We're a woefully undercoached team. A stupid team in many ways.

We need a manager to come in with a firm ethos in terms of how he wants to play. A manager who rigorously coaches the team in his vision and disposes of those that can't adapt.

This shouldn't have to be said, but they also need to have standards - of play, of effort and of behaviour - which is something that doesn't exist under this manager.

Yea same with me. We need a coach. The players have even said they want to be coached.

Bwuk

Without doubt.

But I sort of get his point about Poch. When he was at Southampton, and when he had just arrived at Spurs, there was a narrative about him being a tactical manager - but since then numerous Spurs players have come out and said that he was a very hands off, 'go out and express yourselves' type manager who didn't have a narrowly defined system.

We're a woefully undercoached team. A stupid team in many ways.

Ferguson wasn’t a tactical manager either. Infact, I’d say the best manager in the league at the moment isn’t either.

James Peril

Pochettino deserves the chance. Before the last season with Spurs, where I think most can understand why motivation went down the tubes, his polling on here would be in the high 90%. Why did the last season happen? Motviation, obvious end of an era with low expenditure, some of his best players looking elsewhere and aging on top of it, it always had the feel of being the end. He showed loyalty, he is also showing loyalty by not signing for any other club in the market - might be some deal with Tottenham of course. I feel we have approached him a long time ago, I am certain we almost had him just before corona happened, then we couldn’t do anything and certainly not after the wins started to come out of the blue.

Pochettino has 100% received job offers from big clubs after his sacking at Spurs, so we can only speculate why he hasn’t taken any offers. Deal in place all along? Certain OGS would be sacked before too long? A little compensation if he didn’t get the job before end of 2020? I’m suddenly an American conspiracy theorist.

And I’m bewildered by people doubting his «style» though. Tottenham played really pleasing football under Pochettino a few years ago. Electric pace and combinations, and not only on the counter. Besides, you need a pragmatic manager these days - Liverpool have won everything after cooling down their gung-ho stuff.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Poch is the obvious choice but what are we trying to achieve right now? We should be looking at playing attacking football and going back to winning trophies and I don't see how Poch can do this. If we were rebuilding the squad then he would have been the perfect candidate

Member 120012

Pogba does seem like a bit of a millstone.

Jose tried to play hardball and got fired. Ole tried to bend over backwards bit it seems to be having the same effect.
100% correct. and i would add the woodward and the glaziers to that. Take the medicine all in one big gulp.

Web of Bissaka

Poch's football is generally boring, but their is a clear patterns of team play, and he does work his players to the bone, improving a lot of players.

The entertainment factor comes from individuals player with their flairs making his football more attractive eg. Son, Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Alderweireld, erm who else? Dembele?

We have so many of this kind of flair players... just their "dedication" and work-rate are suspects. Oh and also the way they play together are rubbish. Combine Poch and our individually entertaining players, then in theory our football should still be fun to watch.

evil_geko

Poch looks like an interesting choice, but that terrible record against the "big six" has me a little worried.

From a profile on Marco Rose:

Ask any Gladbach fan and they'll tell you that under former manager Hecking, the side was painfully boring to watch. A slow build-up - made up of too many touches and near constant sideways passing - coupled with a regressive drop-off style in terms of pressing made them one of the worst watches in the league.

The appointment of Rose was an instant breath of fresh air for the fans. His attacking philosophy and all-action high pressing style has finally given them a reason to smile.
Sound like any team we know?

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Funny how few Nagelsmann mentions are on here compared to few months ago when a similar thread was created, nothing to do with him being bitchslapped 5-0 I'm sure :smirk: All these calls for Marco Rose and Ralph Hassnhuttl make me laugh, most hipster/flavor of the month picks ever.

The obvious (and most sensible) choice is Pochettino. Let's just pray we don't leave it too late.

ThemanGiggsy

I may be mistaken, and know the Caf will correct me if I am wrong, but isnt Poch a lot more of an attacking style coach then just hitting teams on the counter? I thought I remeberd Spurs playing some really exciting attacking football when he was there.

Godfather

Funny how few Nagelsmann mentions are on here compared to few months ago when a similar thread was created, nothing to do with him being bitchslapped 5-0 I'm sure :smirk: All these calls for Marco Rose and Ralph Hassnhuttl make me laugh, most hipster/flavor of the month picks ever.

The obvious (and most sensible) choice is Pochettino. Let's just pray we don't leave it too late.
You don't watch a lot of football outside of United games I see.

Poch or Nagelsman have clear defined systems, and both like to press & play out from the back.

Either works for me, the kind of coach we should have been appointing 7 years ago rather than going through 4 missfits first.

Who knows if either could “return us to the top” but the football would be better, and consistency would certainly be better with a defined coached system.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I may be mistaken, and know the Caf will correct me if I am wrong, but isnt Poch a lot more of an attacking style coach then just hitting teams on the counter? I thought I remeberd Spurs playing some really exciting attacking football when he was there.
From what i have seen of them, and i only saw them maybe ten to 15 times, he plays with a high press and likes to control the possession. But he lacks that intricate attacking football that Guardiola has for example. Poch for me relies on the individual creativity of players rather than coached attacking play.

I am open to correction though.

Josh 76

I was going for Poch.
But recently have changed my mind and now I think Utd should go for Hassnhutti.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
You don't watch a lot of football outside of United games I see.
Typical response.

I do watch football outside United, just because one doesn't agree with these picks doesn't mean they don't. Just sift through any of previous "next manager" threads and see how many were pining for Nagelsmann, this thread is hilariously light on those calls now. It'll hold true for likes of Rose/Hasnhuttl or any other hipster pick such as Potter once they inevitably go through a bad patch.

Considering we can't get likes of Pep and Klopp, our next best bet is Pochettino. Even if it's chagrin to many on here who want more exotic managers at the helm.

Foxbatt

Rose, Nagelsmann or Hasenhüttl. Modern attacking and gegenpressing football.
Yes in this order too. At least we will have a structure to the way we play. But I think they will get rid of some expensive players too. Not sure Maguire has a place in their teams.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
You can see an oceans worth of difference between the previous Bayern manager and their current one Hansi Flick. Granted the German league is not near as competitive as the PL, but you get the right attacking coach in, it can do wonders.

We have good players and they are crying out to be coached. Wasnt their a tweet about a month ago that they were losing faith in Ole because he was not coaching them.

Cloud7

Whoever our next manager is, they're going to be in for a rough time. All the people that are rabidly backing Ole will jump on any small area of things not going perfectly.

jesperjaap

Ferguson wasn’t a tactical manager either. Infact, I’d say the best manager in the league at the moment isn’t either.
Completely agree. Ferguson was actually very average tactically. He made up for that by being brilliant with his human relationships in getting both the love and respect of the vast majority of the players he worked with

Status
Not open for further replies.