Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untd55

I think it's about time for this. So, who do you want to take over from Solskjaer?

The bar isn't very high, to be honest. At this point, I would almost accept anyone who has made their team actually play as a team.

The managers who have actually impressed me the most in the Premier League are Potter, Hassenhutl, Ancelloti, and Rodgers. I think these managers have shown the correct ability that can transfer to a club like ours, creating excellent team play out of lesser players (more so for Hassenhutl and Potter). They have shown that their players can play incisive football with a quick interplay that we are sorely lacking.

There is the obvious choice of Pochettino (who probably will takeover if Solskjaer is sacked), but I am actually leaning towards Hassenhutl.

Wilt

Poch ....he knows what the prem is about

el3mel

Poch is our next manager. People who're opposite to the idea should start warming for the guy during the next few months for their own sake.

Judas

Open to offers
Not Poch, obviously much better than Ole, but his football ain't great and he's an uninspiring bore. But it'll be him.

Rose, Naggelsmann even Hassenhutl intrigue me way more.

MattofManchester

We're not getting Rose who just joined Gladbach, or Hassenhutl who joined Southampton not too long ago.

Start warming to to the idea of Poch or Allegri.

They're what's available.

Skills

Snitch
I hope it's not Pochettino. I think he's a very good manager but it would be one of the most boring choices out there. And quite frankly, I'm done with Manchester United being boring.

Manchester United need to be the club that plays the best, most attacking and most entertaining football in English football. When I tune into our games I want to feel like there is a good chance we're going to thump our opponents, rather than grind a win out. I'm tired of us being the most boring football club in Manchester and playing inferior football to our biggest rivals. Pochettino will just cement the club's position as that, despite how good of a coach/manager he is.

He's also a bit too good for us to sink to the levels we have under our last 4 managers but not good enough to take us where we need to be. And with our fanbases cult like devotion to the managers job, it'll be hard to remove him when he gets us 3rd/4th for the 5th season in a row.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Nagelsmann
Rose
Hasenhuttl
Poch

I'd take any. Poch did play some good football at Spurs, I remember when we won 1-0 and parked the bus, they absolutely dominated and should have had a few by the end of not for De Gea. That's the day I knew he was a good coach. Plus it showed he knows how to break down a compact team.

Judas

Open to offers
Poch could fit in very well here at United. He seems quite the intellect plus likeable.
His football isn't what people on here claim they want to see though, so I don't get why so many want him. Or maybe it's just acceptance because it's obvious he's getting the job.

ShinjiNinja26

This. If/when Ole gets fired, if Poch is available, he is our next manager.
But i fear that worst scenario will happen. We will wait few months and sack Ole when Poch gets a new job
:lol: I’ve been thinking the same thing. We have previous for doing exactly that, sheer incompetence.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Even if I prefer others to Pochettino it's going to be him because of Woodward.

Sees the best (tends to be the most famous) manager available and goes for him without any idea of the players we have and the tactics we should be playing.

Barthez

Sick of constantly changing managers. Stick with Ole until end of season and then re-evaluate.

Enfant terrible

I think it's about time for this. So, who do you want to take over from Solskjaer?

The bar isn't very high, to be honest. At this point, I would almost accept anyone who has made their team actually play as a team.

The managers who have actually impressed me the most in the Premier League are Potter, Hassenhutl, Ancelloti, and Rodgers. I think these managers have shown the correct ability that can transfer to a club like ours, creating excellent team play out of lesser players (more so for Hassenhutl and Potter). They have shown that their players can play incisive football with a quick interplay that we are sorely lacking.

There is the obvious choice of Pochettino (who probably will takeover if Solskjaer is sacked), but I am actually leaning towards Hassenhutl.
At least half of our divas would have problems with Don Carlo's requirements.

Chairman Steve

I think it’s going to be Poch. I have a feeling the Utd hierarchy have been keeping tabs for a number of years. SAF has been photographed meeting with him and his No.2 Jesus Perez in London before Jose got appointed, and the one time SAF faced Poch in 2013, he gave him unusually high praise in post-match.

Any managerial appointment is a risk but we’ll never know how good they are until we try.

Eddy_JukeZ

Not a big fan of Poch, but I'd be shocked if he isn't the manager when Ole is outed.

Judas

Open to offers
Sick of constantly changing managers. Stick with Ole until end of season and then re-evaluate.
Willing to throw away yet another season :lol: it's like people want to go 30 years without a title like Liverpool. We need to stop backing people out of their depth, Ole isn't the one.

lilcurt

Kind of feel the standards have lowered in this place. We need a proven manager for my money who has a proven track record. Who that is, I honestly don't know. It doesn't seem like there is a big pool of talent available.

Poch is a safeish choice, but he hasn't actually won anything and despite what people will have you think, his football isn't that exciting.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Can we do a new poll? I'm going with Marco Rose.

PoTMS

How come every manager we go for is a free agent?

Ollie Derbyshire

I’d happily take Rogers, think he gets a lot of stick but he always gets his teams playing good football and makes players play better.

From the Prem I’d also take a look at Hussenhatl, the Saints are playing great football and he bounced back very well from their 9-0 battering. I always thought Poch did well with Spurs and they played some good stuff for a while, had a bad last season though so don’t want another Jose on our hands.

In terms of abroad Nagglesman is always mentioned but I haven’t seen too much off Leipzig and to be honest if you lose 5-0 to use you can’t be that good haha.

Just as long as we don’t go with any ex players, if we get Giggs in again I’ll go spare!

Chipper

Adulterer.
Allegri or Rodgers. :nervous:

One winner, the other for the style of play (and character). Think Rodgers teams are easier on the eye than Poch's.

L3G4CY15

I’d personally like us to take a punt on Nagelsmann but I can’t see it being anyone other than Poch. I think it’s more of a question of when not if.

Wayne's World

Kind of feel the standards have lowered in this place. We need a proven manager for my money who has a proven track record. Who that is, I honestly don't know. It doesn't seem like there is a big pool of talent available.

Poch is a safeish choice, but he hasn't actually won anything and despite what people will have you think, his football isn't that exciting.
Can I ask who would you like to take the job? I do rate any choice between Rose, Naglesmann, Allegri and Poch.

I want to 100% back the manager again and I haven't in 18 months

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They must not get a new manager till Pogba is sold

Status
Not open for further replies.