Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Just a mates club
Pretty practical.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Carrick will do a good job as interim. He's a smart guy who gets how midfields work.

Leg-End

If we waste half a season to hang around for Poch or Rodgers then that’s absolute disaster class decision making.

There are very few managers worth doing that for, if it’s ten Hag I think most would accept that but anyone else and they better hit the ground running.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If we waste half a season to hang around for Poch or Rodgers then that’s absolute disaster class decision making.

There are very few managers worth doing that for, if it’s ten Hag I think most would accept that but anyone else and they better hit the ground running.
My feeling as well. Ten Hag is worth waiting for otherwise I would have preferred Conte when he was available when compared to any others.

Noc-Z

ffs
Carrick, McKenna, Fletcher and the rest need to be thrown out too. What top manager would want to work with Fletcher as "technical director"...absolute joke.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Can we bring Ole in to hold the fort as the interim while you look for a new manager? That seems like a sensible thing to do.

Nikelesh Reddy

I”m really surprised that a Manager who has never managed in any of the top leagues in Europe is the favourite to take over!Okay,his Ajax team reached a CL semifinal….But honestly what’s the big deal?Pochettino took Tottenham to a CL final(surely a greater achievement than reaching a semifinal).
The difference between the Dutch league and the EPL is absolutely huge….

honirelandboy

I”m really surprised that a Manager who has never managed in any of the top leagues in Europe is the favourite to take over!Okay,his Ajax team reached a CL semifinal….But honestly what’s the big deal?Pochettino took Tottenham to a CL final(surely a greater achievement than reaching a semifinal).
Tuchel and Klopp

honirelandboy

I'd give it to Roy Keane till the end of the season.

Players won't know what hit them. He's looking for a new managers job as well.

passing-wind

Pretty practical.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Carrick will do a good job as interim. He's a smart guy who gets how midfields work.
His influence has also been related with the failure of two successive managers. When the next manager comes the lot of them will be gone.

glazed

The same carrick that oversaw this

Fair enough. But the bigger danger is that we appoint some second rater now to stabilise the share price. Or someone completely wrong to placate Ronaldo's ego. If Carrick can keep us afloat till the right person comes available then that's Ok by me. If not then Lampard. Just please no Bodger

Isn't Enrique high press? How would Ronaldo fit in with that?

Foxbatt

Can we bring Ole in to hold the fort as the interim while you look for a new manager? That seems like a sensible thing to do.
Please don't say it even as a joke. The Board is incompetent enough to do it.

I'm a beautiful thing

This is my worry with him

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just pay the money. If Glazers really care about winning trophies, they should be paying to the best and most suitable manager for man united right now. We are still in champions league and that means we can still win the CL like what Tuchel did to Chelsea if that right manager is taking in charged now.

the_cliff

By busting the myth that pressing is overly demanding, while it is just a way of coordinated movement.
Exactly, a press is not really needed for a cf as long as he is positioned well blocking of the passing lanes.

glazed

By busting the myth that pressing is overly demanding, while it is just a way of coordinated movement.
I feel like the word 'just' is doing an awful lot more work in that sentence than it can cope with. It is the Fred of that sentence in fact...:)

Coordinated movement is extremely complicated to do well. If you have a forward who doesn't high press, you don't have a high press.

Exactly, a press is not really needed for a cf as long as he is positioned well blocking of the passing lanes.
So why do Klopp and Pep not take that view? Does the Caf know more about high press than they do?

glazed

I would love this to be true.

Letting Ronaldo choose the coach would be extremely unwise. Much as I admire his skills as a finisher and his passion for winning, his narcissism and ego are so huge they are visible from space. He will want a coach who benefits FC Ronaldo.

Cloud7

Would mean we've blown this season in my opinion though. An interim who everybody knows is leaving anyway and the players may think "no CL football, no idea who the new guy is/how we work together, so I'll go"

If you're a player, this brings you absolutely 0 confidence
Chelsea nearly won the CL with this under Avram Grant. Every manager has a shelf life. Players like Bruno and Ronaldo and Pogba will still want to win things. I imagine with Carrick standing in there will be an element of the team managing itself, so to speak, like the coaches and the senior players deciding how they think they should play/line up etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.