Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

minoo-utd

Ten Hag with 55% of the vote is quite incredible.

Can we bring this thread to the attention of the board please?
I was always thinking of how the caf can be more vocal and somehow the club can take some notes of the opinion of our fans everywhere. Maybe our mods can bring an idea out!

Mainoldo

I was always thinking of how the caf can be more vocal and somehow the club can take some notes of the opinion of our fans everywhere. Maybe our mods can bring an idea out!
Please don’t. We only became Ole out around the sametime as Ed Woodward :lol:

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
ETH is the one we should go for. Get an interim in till next summer, and give it to ETH.

Hiring him makes so much sense, so somehow we won't actually do it.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
made a post defending Poch and that's the bit you chose to focus on. A footnote acknowledging he isn't perfect but still ideal.
Because this is how narratives starts, by letting incorrect information be perpetrated over and over unchallenged.

You said that, people repeat that until it becomes the accepted notion around these boards.

Greck

Because this is how narratives starts, by letting incorrect information be perpetrated over and over unchallenged.

You said that, people repeat that until it becomes the accepted notion around these boards.
I understand. I actually like Poch and thought the form that saw him get sacked at Spurs was embarrassing for a manager with his talent. Same with Klopp in his final season at dortmund and Tuchel at PSG last season. At a similar point last season Tuchel was 3rd in Ligue 1 and had a similarly laboured path to group stage qualification in the CL. Got sacked and has since won the CL at chelsea so I honestly couldn't care less about whatever low points they might have had at other clubs. It's normal in football and the only reason Ten Haag has none is because he hasn't been around long enough to have one.

Firstouch20

PSG play like a team of individuals. Can't see any team cohesion or structure to their play at all this season. They just seem to rely on individual brilliance to get results. Really think the club should sit on their hands till the summer where there will be more options available to make the best decision for the club's future. Been through too many managerial changes since Ferguson left so the last thing the club should do is rush into an appointment because there's only one legitimate option available at this present moment. Get a reliable interim manager till the end of the season, even someone like Harry Redknapp who is sitting around doing nothing at the moment might be a decent option.

StonedhamsterZA

I understand. I actually like Poch and thought the form that saw him get sacked at Spurs was embarrassing for a manager with his talent. Same with Klopp in his final season at dortmund and Tuchel at PSG last season. At a similar point last season Tuchel was 3rd in Ligue 1 and had a similarly laboured path to group stage qualification in the CL. Got sacked and has since won the CL at chelsea so I honestly couldn't care less about whatever low points they might have had at other clubs. It's normal in football and the only reason Ten Haag has none is because he hasn't been around long enough to have one.
Yeah I agree, I've seen a few posts talking about "has Poch peaked" but I don't think that is particularly relevant to a manager of his age. Maybe if a manager is SO set in his ways that he's unwilling to modernise etc, but I don't think Poch is in that category at all. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm on the ETH train, but I'd still be happy with Poch over Zizou.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
PSG seem to play the same way (individual brilliance) with all their managers because the manager doesn't really pick the team.

It's all based on egos and money and now with Messi there, it's more obvious than ever.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
PSG play like a team of individuals. Can't see any team cohesion or structure to their play at all this season. They just seem to rely on individual brilliance to get results. Really think the club should sit on their hands till the summer where there will be more options available to make the best decision for the club's future. Been through too many managerial changes since Ferguson left so the last thing the club should do is rush into an appointment because there's only one legitimate option available at this present moment. Get a reliable interim manager till the end of the season, even someone like Harry Redknapp who is sitting around doing nothing at the moment might be a decent option.
Mate...

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Thought losing in the cl killed their team that year, same with Europa League final and Solskjaer

Firstouch20

Just till the summer. I mean if Chelsea could reach a champions league final with Avaram Grant and win it with di matteo as temporary options then a proven and tested premier league manager like Redknapp doesn't seem like such a bad option to see the club through the remainder of the season. Lets not throw away his credentials. He guided Tottenham to multiple top 4 finishes when they had never qualified for the champions league in their history and even reached a Quarter Finals with them.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's a misleading statistic considering he has played Baca, Bayern and City in the knockouts last season and has had City and RB Leipzig in the group this season.
It is a bit misleading but if you want to be the best you have to beat the best.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Poch is getting the most coverage by far as the next manager, so I think it would be a shock if it doesnt turn out to be him.

Got this feeling Ten Hag will replace Klopp or Pep within the next few years.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
This is really like selling your house to new buyers, and realising you are homeless.

We can either move in with the parents for 6 months (interim) and then have enough to buy a 4-bed detached (ETH) with room to expand.

or we can rush into buying a 3-bed semi that's also part of a chain (Poch).

or I guess we could move into a flat share with a pal's ex (Rodgers).

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This is really like selling your house to new buyers, and realising you are homeless.

We can either move in with the parents for 6 months (interim) and then have enough to buy a 4-bed detached (ETH) with room to expand.

This is a great comparison but I won't call ETH the 4-bed detached. That's Zidane and we're getting him.

It's more of a 4-bed semi vs 3-bed semi.

RooneyLegend

In what world are we pals with Pool?

Kaos

Poch needs to hold on at PSG, I pray they dont sack him so it gives us a chance of going for ETH in the summer. Also wish they'd hurry up and appoint an interim before there's a risk of that happening.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Fair enough if you'd rather someone else, but people acting like appointing Poch would be some kind of huge disaster are trying to hard.

Telsim

Fair enough if you'd rather someone else, but people acting like appointing Poch would be some kind of huge disaster are trying to hard.
It's more that people think missing out on Ten Hag, or worse him going to City/Liverpool, is a big mistake. And appointing Pochettino means missing out on Ten Hag. And I'm inclined to agree. I think Pochettino has already hit his ceiling. He isn't a bad manager by any stretch of the imagination. He can take us to Top 4. But I fail to see him challenge titles against Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte. Something Ten Hag has the potential to do. And if he goes to City... well, it's best not to think about that.

Kaos

It's more that people think missing out on Ten Hag, or worse him going to City/Liverpool, is a big mistake. And appointing Pochettino means missing out on Ten Hag. And I'm inclined to agree. I think Pochettino has already hit his ceiling. He isn't a bad manager by any stretch of the imagination. He can take us to Top 4. But I fail to see him challenge titles against Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte. Something Ten Hag has the potential to do. And if he goes to City... well, it's best not to think about that.
Pretty much this.

I don't have an issue with Poch being our manager, even though I find it a little underwhelming. I would however be really disappointed if we miss out on Ten Hag, only to see him go to Liverpool or City in a couple years and potentially tear it up with them. I'm tired of us perpetually making the wrong choices whereas our rivals get it right.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Pretty much this.

I don't have an issue with Poch being our manager, even though I find it a little underwhelming. I would however be really disappointed if we miss out on Ten Hag, only to see him go to Liverpool or City in a couple years and potentially tear it up with them. I'm tired of us perpetually making the wrong choices whereas our rivals get it right.
Maybe you're both right, maybe you're both not.

Quite alot of assumptions there.

Kaos

Maybe you're both right, maybe you're both not.

Quite alot of assumptions there.
You're also assuming Poch would't be a complete disappointment for us. The truth is we're all assuming here.

Ten Hag is the exciting high risk high reward option for us, Poch would be the "safe" one, the latter approach hasn't been a successful one for us in recent history.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
You're also assuming Poch would't be a complete disappointment for us. The truth is we're all assuming here.

Ten Hag is the exciting high risk high reward option for us, Poch would be the "safe" one, the latter approach hasn't been a successful one for us in recent history.
Just your opinion fella. It's a forum so crack on, but things are being stated as fact which is nonsense really.

Just get someone in and i'll back 'em :)

Santoryo

ripping the reward
They are too high on that Ten Hag cool aid and have made him the second coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.