Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos

Just your opinion fella. It's a forum so crack on, but things are being stated as fact which is nonsense really.

Just get someone in and i'll back 'em :)
Nothing is a fact, but I just want to get excited with a hipster appointment for once. Call me an oddball but I'm fully on the Ten Hag train.

I'll of course support whoever the manager is, even if its Brenda.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Nothing is a fact, but I just want to get excited with a hipster appointment for once. Call me an oddball but I'm fully on the Ten Hag train.

I'll of course support whoever the manager is, even if its Brenda.
Yeh fair. Brendan would have pushed me to the edge to :lol:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
With ralf coming into the picture it surely has to be eric tan hag at the wheel next season.

MattofManchester

Ajax had a tough group by their squad quality and they're 5 for 5.

I really, really don't want Pochettino.

Give me Ten Hag in the summer, please and thank you.

Karlos PFC

Question : if Rangnick comes as interim and at the end of the season gets promoted to another position and recommends Poch for the job, how the caf will react?

Just curious I'm all in for Poch, but it seems that 50% of the caf is on Ten Hag

MrSingh2002

Ralph Rangnick. Rather have him permanently over Pochettino.

Combination of Rangnick and Ten Hag would be acceptable.

Hughie77

If reports are to be believed then its Rangnick until end of season then another role after?
What's that going to be .
As long as he's a guy who can bollock useless players who make way to many errors then thats OK with me. Let's see how it goes

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I know a lot of people are hyped about ten Hag and given we have till the summer now, he is definitely a great choice.

However, given Rangnick is a club builder, I'd still would go for Potter if the man himself rates him. He'll have the chance to play him twice this season and honestly think this would be the revolutionary choice.

In any case, LFG.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If Graham Potter was called Grahamaldo Pottinho the Caf would be going crazy for him.
Sure it would.
Potter needs more experience in Europe before he can go to a club like United. By Europe I’m talking champions league. He has promise but he needs to make another step first

Hughie77

I know a lot of people are hyped about ten Hag and given we have till the summer now, he is definitely a great choice.

However, given Rangnick is a club builder, I'd still would go for Potter if the man himself rates him. He'll have the chance to play him twice this season and honestly think this would be the revolutionary choice.

In any case, LFG.
I've been reading Ragnicks exploits and he likes a lot of control in what needs doing this is not a bad thing at the moment, because we're a bit rudderless, G Potter is a very good coach and maybe he will get a good look at him the rest of the season. I'm a bit optimistic about this appointment after reading about him. Let's see .

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
So we are gonna have Football Director, Technical Director, and Sporting Director, all three? First club ever to have all three of those? :) Fletcher's role becomes very unclear with Rangnick coming in, to be honest. At best Fletcher can be his understudy but I have strong doubts about Fletcher's ability to reach Rangnick level even after two years of studying under him.

stw2022

Rangnick was not the most widely reported/briefed name I think there was a lot of misdirection and bad faith briefing by club to draw attention to others more whilst it concluded its business. I think we may be seeing the same with Pochettino being the most widely linked candidate. I honestly think we've known the interim we wanted before we announced we were even going for an interim and we knew what manager we wanted at the same time and when. I don't think the intention was ever to nab anyone before the end of the season.

The plan was announced (and is mid-way through being executed) because we've always know exactly who we want and know the long-term appointment is not obtainable until the end of the season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@Adnan mate, every time I read one of your posts I learn something new. Thanks to you I finally understand what Mortough is doing and what Fletcher's role entails. Is there any way you could start a series of threads about these subjects so we can learn more about the organizational structure of our club?
Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words instead of the overly aggressive responses I'm normally used to, when I delve into this topic.

I'll definitely give my thoughts on what a football structure is and how it works when I have a bit more time. And you might be surprised that I don't believe it to be a complicated process at all, and it's in fact a very simple process. But our problems for years was that our structure on the football side was broken, and the dangers of building a strategy with a manager setting the long term vision is fraught with danger due to the short term shelf life of a manager.

poleglass red

With ralf coming into the picture it surely has to be eric tan hag at the wheel next season.
forgive my ignorance, but I've seen several people on here say that. Is there a previous connection, or is it just a similar football outlook. Whoever it is, they must be be already in place, because to give Ragnick 2 yrs on top of the interim spell, the new permanent manager would have to be ok with that. Poch isn't clicking with Leonardo at PSG who is in a similar role.

Caesar2290

Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words instead of the overly aggressive responses I'm normally used to, when I delve into this topic.

I'll definitely give my thoughts on what a football structure is and how it works when I have a bit more time. And you might be surprised that I don't believe it to be a complicated process at all, and it's in fact a very simple process. But our problems for years was that our structure on the football side was broken, and the dangers of building a strategy with a manager setting the long term vision is fraught with danger due to the short term shelf life of a manager.
Interesting. So what do you think is going to happen now that Ragnick is confirmed our interim?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
forgive my ignorance, but I've seen several people on here say that. Is there a previous connection, or is it just a similar football outlook. Whoever it is, they must be be already in place, because to give Ragnick 2 yrs on top of the interim spell, the new permanent manager would have to be ok with that. Poch isn't clicking with Leonardo at PSG who is in a similar role.
Presumably they are referencing the German link as ETH was at Bayern for a couple of years managing the reserves.

Personally I don't see that he's massively more suitable for ETH than Poch. But ETH would never come without the kind of club infrastructure that RR could build. In the same way Klopp and Pep didn't come because other clubs had that infrastructure and we did not. So ETH becomes less of a pipe dream with RR as interim. And he appears to be the Caf choice, so maybe he is the fans' choice too?

Me, I still think it will be Poch. Maybe sooner than we think even. Poch will be worrying it's now or never to get the United job.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
There is just a very loose connection: Lars Kornetka (who shall be Rangnick's assisstant coach) was working as a video analyst for Bayern Munich/Pep Guardiola at the same time ten Hag coached Bayern's reserves. No idea if those two actually worked together there.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Interesting. So what do you think is going to happen now that Ragnick is confirmed our interim?
I'm not sure to be honest, I'm gonna have to take in more information as it filters through from the reputable sources before making a calculated prediction.

But it's a very positive move, which I expected from Murtough and Fletcher. Also don't forget that Murtough is likely making these decisions by consulting several people working within the recruitment structure, like Marcel Bout And Henny de Regt, who have knowledge of the game, which is pretty far reaching.

Caesar2290

I'm not sure to be honest, I'm gonna have to take in more information as it filters through from the reputable sources before making a calculated prediction.

But it's a very positive move, which I expected from Murtough and Fletcher. Also don't forget that Murtough is likely making these decisions by consulting several people working within the recruitment structure, like Marcel Bout And Henny de Regt, who have knowledge of the game, which is pretty far reaching.
Thanks for your input

BlueHaze

@AjaxCunian perhaps you and other Ajax fans could give us some better insight on Ten Hag? I would chose him over Poch based on how I've seen their teams play.

Eddy_JukeZ

The Rangnick news is excellent, but I really hope we still push for Ten Hag in the summer.

AussieDevil

I’m convinced that Rangnick will come up with some random German manager that we havent discussed yet. Poch or ETH almost seems too obvious for it to be done.

Rangnicks style will suit Poch over Ten Hags but I think their personalities could clash. Where as I could see Rangnicks out spoken nature complementing Ten Hag being quiet and reserved in public.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I know Ten Hagg has the hype at the moment with the great champions league wins but also thing people are underestimating the character needed to manage a club like United. Look at Moyes. Managing Davy Klassen and Tadic is a lot different to managing the kind of squad we have.

From what a I gather, that is what he struggled with when he first joined Ajax. So the step up to United is huge. He may well do fine, but it's a big risk for me.

Poch is much safer bet, PL experience and the PSG stint will serve him well. Certainly has the character to do the United job. I'd go with a Poch, and with Ralf laying the foundations, I'd suddenly have hope again.

AussieDevil

I know Ten Hagg has the hype at the moment with the great champions league wins but also thing people are underestimating the character needed to manage a club like United. Look at Moyes. Managing Davy Klassen and Tadic is a lot different to managing the kind of squad we have.

From what a I gather, that is what he struggled with when he first joined Ajax. So the step up to United is huge. He may well do fine, but it's a big risk for me.

Poch is much safer bet, PL experience and the PSG stint will serve him well. Certainly has the character to do the United job. I'd go with a Poch, and with Ralf laying the foundations, I'd suddenly have hope again.
I think that’s the issue with ETH. He may have a higher ceiling but he also has a lower floor than Poch. We have been poor for years now and so the next appointment has to be the absolute right one.

I really like Ten Hag but I think people are getting ahead of themselves, he has a good champions league record but even then, out of the 16 wins he has in the competition, only 2 of them were against much better opposition, against Madrid and Juve, but both those sides were also on the decline.

L1nk

It will suit Poch more than ETH, not sure why people are saying ETH.... ETH is closer to Guardiola than he is to Klopp, and Rangnick's style is more like Klopp's, Pochettino's pressing game will be of similar ilk, it will suit him more

If her gets this team playing top quality football, not expecting him to perfect it by May, but it the signs are there I’d be up for turning it into an extra year or two. I think the 2 extra years as a consultant, is probably also to cover the possibility that we might want to keep him on longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.