Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kendrick

If Rangnick does well enough to earn the club's respect then I strongly believe that the next permanent manager would not be Rodgers or Pochs. The former doesn't play the way Rangnick plays while the latter hates having people above him (and United will have 2 in Murtough and Rangnick).

I won't be surprised if the next United manager would be someone Rangnick respects and are both on the same page. Many mention Ten Hag as a favourite but I won't be surprised if United shift their attention to Marco Rose.
While I’ve been keeping tabs on Rose, I don’t think Dortmund just allow him to leave without being dicks about it. Just wouldn’t be feasible on their side. Rose wouldn’t give a feck as evidenced by last season :lol:

King Kendrick

Rangnick is a potentially fantastic appointment mate. I can't speak highly enough of the decision to bring him in. I've been following his work for years now and have written quite a bit about the rise of the Red Bull clubs over the years when it comes to their blueprint.

It's gonna be interesting to see who is selected. I don't think Poch will selected but I could be wrong. I think he'll look to appoint someone with a defined way of playing the game and that could be Adi Hutter or even coaches like Potter and ten Hag, who both have a distinct ideology when it comes to playing the game.

But your guess is as good as mine, mate.
Will be interesting to see how Hutter deals with what loos like the plyers downing tools since last season. Sum of the parts are churning out way less on paper than what they should. That loss to Koln today.. yikes

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Will be interesting to see how Hutter deals with what loos like the plyers downing tools since last season. Sum of the parts are churning out way less on paper than what they should. That loss to Koln today.. yikes
It seems like several players are wanting to leave the club.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Rangnick is a potentially fantastic appointment mate. I can't speak highly enough of the decision to bring him in. I've been following his work for years now and have written quite a bit about the rise of the Red Bull clubs over the years when it comes to their blueprint.

It's gonna be interesting to see who is selected. I don't think Poch will selected but I could be wrong. I think he'll look to appoint someone with a defined way of playing the game and that could be Adi Hutter or even coaches like Potter and ten Hag, who both have a distinct ideology when it comes to playing the game.

We are agreeing for once

Mr Smith

So something I've been thinking about regarding picking our next permanent manager: assuming the two front runners are, as has been reported, Poch and Ten Hag, it's worth remembering that Pep Guardiola's contract expires at the end of next season. I'd say given the profile of Poch and Ten Hag, there's a very, very high chance that whoever of those two we don't pick ends up being appointed Pep's replacement at City 12 months later. Not sure if that should affect the decision-making either way, but it's something to think about...

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
So something I've been thinking about regarding picking our next permanent manager: assuming the two front runners are, as has been reported, Poch and Ten Hag, it's worth remembering that Pep Guardiola's contract expires at the end of next season. I'd say given the profile of Poch and Ten Hag, there's a very, very high chance that whoever of those two we don't pick ends up being appointed Pep's replacement at City 12 months later. Not sure if that should affect the decision-making either way, but it's something to think about...
Good point. We should hire both then, and then add Pep to the team as well once his contract expires. City would be left with Rodgers who would proceed to rebuild their team with beautiful human beings of high character and never win anything again.

croadyman

He does have an eye for a good coach. Whoever he appoints I’m sure will do a good job.

Being associated with him and if he is able to build a good structure means that we can have a good chance of signing the very best young coaches and not just rely on reputation
Yeah provided that he's FULLY involved with selecting the next manager then confident whoever he recommends to the club

croadyman

Who would you pick out of the two and why?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
That loss obviously was bad, but looking at the match the result isn't fair to Gladbach. Köln was lucky to score the 2-1 right when Gladbach became very strong and were about to turn it around, and then they were able to pick Gladbach off when they were running out of time. In the end this was a meeting between the most aggressive pressing side in the Bundesliga at the moment (Köln) and the third-most aggressive (Gladbach). There is a reason that Köln's manager Steffen Baumgart has already been mentioned a few times in this thread (mostly by me I'll admit :lol: )

King Kendrick

That loss obviously was bad, but looking at the match the result isn't fair to Gladbach. Köln was lucky to score the 2-1 right when Gladbach became very strong and were about to turn it around, and then they were able to pick Gladbach off when they were running out of time. In the end this was a meeting between the most aggressive pressing side in the Bundesliga at the moment (Köln) and the third-most aggressive (Gladbach). There is a reason that Köln's manager Steffen Baumgart has already been mentioned a few times in this thread (mostly by me I'll admit :lol: )
My comment was more in regards to the impression that I stated earlier on in the post. Seems like several BMG players have their heads turned/downed tools, and I know it started essentially when Rose said I'm out, so its not Hutter's own doing, but still I think the squad should be doing better. When you look at the season as a whole the loss is part of a larger trend of underperformance, although admittedly it was a great day at the office for Koln.

mav_9me

My comment was more in regards to the impression that I stated earlier on in the post. Seems like several BMG players have their heads turned/downed tools, and I know it started essentially when Rose said I'm out, so its not Hutter's own doing, but still I think the squad should be doing better. When you look at the season as a whole the loss is part of a larger trend of underperformance, although admittedly it was a great day at the office for Koln.
Maybe it's just Hutter taking time to put his stamp on the team?

Siezard

What about Carrick taking over Ralf at the end of the season? He's awesome!

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Doesn't really look like it. They got some deserved great results like the cup win against Bayern, so they are already able to play well and in the way he wants them to.

But the squad seems to have developed a certain unjustified arrogance they have to get rid of, otherwise they will continue to have such results. Was in a psychological way not good for them what they did in the CL last season, several players seem to believe that is their true level. It isn't.

King Kendrick

I wouldn't rule it out but it seems that many of the players have their heads turned for quite a while now, just based off results dropping off a cliff after Rose's announcement. Zakaria has been linked with a move away now for two years, Thuram since at least winter of last season, Neuhaus the same (although I dont really pay much attention to club transfer news outside of big 6/Bayern/Barca/Real/PSG, those are just the players being linked with big clubs, so could be more links away). Just a weird situation to judge from an external perspective.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
How about we keep Rangnick if he does well enough? I believe Romano reported a few days ago that Rangnick would be interested in keeping the managerial job.

NewYorkRed

I still think it’ll be Poch. Generally, woodward and co end up getting whoever they have a hard-on for and we all know he loves Poch.
Lets see though. If RR gets us playing some good stuff + gets us in the CL/wins a cup, then they may have no other choice than to listen to what he says. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.

croadyman

I still think it’ll be Poch. Generally, woodward and co end up getting whoever they have a hard-on for and we all know he loves Poch.
Lets see though. If RR gets us playing some good stuff + gets us in the CL/wins a cup, then they may have no other choice than to listen to what he says. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.
They should be listening to what he says anyway because the guy actually understands Football unlike those clowns on our board

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Adolf Hutter (Austrian now in Germany) meet the English tabloid press. Now meet the English fans. You got thick skin? We hope so.

NewYorkRed

They should be listening to what he says anyway because the guy actually understands Football unlike those clowns on our board
Oh I agree, but at what point in these last, what, 8 years now, have they shown actual competance? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 10 times…… I’ll believe it when I see it.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Good point. We should hire both then, and then add Pep to the team as well once his contract expires. City would be left with Rodgers who would proceed to rebuild their team with beautiful human beings of high character and never win anything again.
Maybe get zidane as well.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
How about we keep Rangnick if he does well enough? I believe Romano reported a few days ago that Rangnick would be interested in keeping the managerial job.
I was actually thinking, could we see RR evolve into a CEO role at the club for footballing matters?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Nagelsmann to United :nervous:
Maybe in a few years, but not this summer. He would only be available if his season should turn into a massive failure (which is still possible but unlikely, but the cup exit already was something), and then he would likely not be an option for United if his first job at a club of such size would be a disaster. If he leaves after a few successful years, then why not?

So he migh become the successor to the next permanent manager, but this is the earliest I would see him at United.

Laurencio

Maybe in a few years, but not this summer. He would only be available if his season should turn into a massive failure (which is still possible but unlikely, but the cup exit already was something), and then he would likely not be an option for United if his first job at a club of such size would be a disaster. If he leaves after a few successful years, then why not?

So he migh become the successor to the next permanent manager, but this is the earliest I would see him at United.
Well that sounds great. He's one of, if not the most exciting talent in Europe on the coaching side. If we started appointing coaches like that in the following years I'd be chuffed to bits.

I don't mind Pochettino for 3 years and then Nagelsmann, not one bit.

Yakuza_devils

With Arnold, Murtough and Rangnick (consultant/interim manager) in charge, I have more confident we will get the next manager and next next manager right. Hope this football structure of the club continue to evolve under this more football competent board.

Can't wait for Ed to leave the club soon, the last 8 years under him was the worst thing that ever happened to Man Utd.

Yakuza_devils

I have a feeling it’ll be Marco Rose
All the names we are linked to now are good options Ten Hag, Poch, Hutter, Nagelsmann, Rose and etc. Most importantly, they are modern progressive manager which required almost similar type of players to implement their system.

We used to appoint Molde Manager, Moyes, Jose and LVG all play different system.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd be all for Mancini if possible. He's an excellent manager IMO. Not like he was a cnut towards us when in charge of City either. Ten Hag #1 option still, highest potential IMO but Mancini would easily be the #2 for me. Pochettino isn't on his level.

Status
Not open for further replies.