Next Season Expectations

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We could finish anywhere between 9th and 4th.

If we go far in the Europa League, I anticipate its more towards the former.... for the latter to happen, we'd need a lot of things to go very, very right for us.

Bestietom

With a midfield that is worse than last season, I'm not expecting any improvement from 6th again. A lot of teams have improved and look better than us, especially in midfield.

steve.crowford

I'm not sure he's Manchester United material yet, tbh. One thing is almost certain: he's not staying at his current club, since there are dozens of interested clubs.
Definitely not ready to be a start 11 but good enough to be near reserve ) and in general a lot of problems in the club need a total team cleaning from garbage and not motivated players:

Marcos Rojo, Matteo Darmian, Paul Pogba, Fred, Andreas Pereira, Alexis Sánchez, Romelu Lukaku it would be desirable to get rid all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pearson

top four, Ole spotting the holes he need to fill in, lots of time for Greenwood, Gomes, and some time for Garner and Tuanzebe.
Plus, more talents shinning at youth Level, tempting Ole to bring them through.

Edy2

3rd or 4th with a massive improvement in the style of football. The likes of Rashford and Martial finally stepping up to where their potential suggested they would and one or two academy players becoming first choice by the end of the season.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I think it be worth reposting that old Arsenal fans boom-and-bust cycle chart just with a quick name change.

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I don't have high expectations results wise, but performance wise I'll expect us to be entertaining.

tomaldinho1

We might get top four, wildest expectations third but we'll be at least double digits from 1st place

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Aim for 4th.

Expect 5th or 6th.

...this is considering no other starting level players are acquired

TrueRed79

6/7th. Our defence will of course be better with the quality signings but what's directly in front is what worries me. Matic is finished. McTominay unproven. Pereira not the required standard. Fred looks decent but jury is out. And in attack we don't have anyone prolific. Doesn't bode well. Absolutely hope i'm proven wrong but i haven't seen enough to change my mind because this is more or less the same spineless group that embarrassed us last season.

Fredrik.A

Think we will do a lot better than many of you guys think. The most positive I've been ahead of a season in many years. With that said I dont dare to guess our leauge position.