Next Spurs manager?

Drawfull

If we do reach an agreement with Poch to take over after Ole, then should we expect the announcement during the season? And if that's the case, would Spurs be trying for a currently-employed manager like Howe or someone twiddling their thumbs? Which option would be cheaper for them if you factor in the cost of compensation and contract?

Another way to look at that is to expect rumours of Spurs shopping around as well as the season progresses if there's any chance Poch would be joining us. I doubt he'd drop them in the shit at the end of May.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Papers are saying Howe. Think they will go for a non Brit.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Eriksen and alderweireld will leave. Seems like an apt chance for "a new cycle" under a new manager, given levy will probably want to spend peanuts next summer as well and strive for the arsenal strategy of top four on a shoestring.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Eriksen and alderweireld will leave. Seems like an apt chance for "a new cycle" under a new manager, given levy will probably want to spend peanuts next summer as well and strive for the arsenal strategy of top four on a shoestring.
If we really did lose Pochettino and Eriksen/Toby, Levy would have to invest, there would be no two ways about it if he wants to remain competitive for the top four.

As for our next manager ... is Jardim still available? Loved the job he did at Monaco and I think Henry's record there since shows the problems were not down to him.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If we really did lose Pochettino and Eriksen/Toby, Levy would have to invest, there would be no two ways about it if he wants to remain competitive for the top four.

As for our next manager ... is Jardim still available? Loved the job he did at Monaco and I think Henry's record there since shows the problems were not down to him.
Good timing.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Very polemic but Brendan wouldn't be that bad of an idea. At some point he's capable of giving a title race a go, but personally would love to see Bielsa in Premier League.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Never has a thread been so pointless.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Never has a thread been so pointless.
Why ? It's a genuine question, there is a very very strong chance he's gone in the summer, be it United or Real. If any of them submit an offer, you'd have to think he will strongly consider it. At least the Spurs hierarchy has 6 months to prepare and see who could be a good fit to replace him.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Why ? It's a genuine question, there is a very very strong chance he's gone in the summer, be it United or Real. If any of them submit an offer, you'd have to think he will strongly consider it. At least the Spurs hierarchy has 6 months to prepare and see who could be a good fit to replace him.
It's a question that assumes Pochettino will leave: "Next Spurs manager?"

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
It's a question that assumes Pochettino will leave: "Next Spurs manager?"
Well yeah, as i wrote, not an exhuberant assumption, is it ? I'm just saying, you should start thinking about the recruitment process for your next manager just in case.
- Can you develop youth and promote from the academy ?
- To Dare is to ... ? A: Do. B:Win fck all.
- What cheese goes well with a red wine ?

These will need answers pretty soon.

Kapardin

If Poch DOES leave, I would guess they're likely to go for Eddie Howe.
Pretty much a given. Spurs would be the right move for Howe, resembles Pochettino's step up from Southampton. If Howe can keep Spurs in the top 5 with the budget constraints they have, that would prove he could be an elite manager.

hobbers

Flick, Nagels, Hassenhuttl or Howe I would imagine would be Levy's shortlist.