Next Spurs manager?

RoyH1

Madrid job is quite the poison chalice too, and they are in a bit of a crisis themselves post-Ronaldo. Their hot seat is far from stable, much less so than United. I'm not saying he'd pick United over Madrid. I honestly think he'd choose to stay at Spurs over the two. Neither of us are an attractive prospect right now, Madrid and United both need an overhaul, whereas he has a good thing going at Spurs.
Madrid's overhaul need is not as massive as it seems. A team that has Courtois, Carvajal, Varane, Casemiro, Kroos, Isco, Asensio on the right side of 30 is not a complete rebuild. A proper striker (benzemá is not that), a midfielder that can replace Modric (a tall order I admit) and Hazard who is almost a lock to end up there and they're right back up there.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Possibly not to us but, if Levy pulls his no cash to spend shit again don't be too surprised if he ends up at either Madrid, us or somewhere else.

And, if we're being honest we all know you lads won't have any cash for the foreseeable with the new stadium thing.
If Levy betrays him he will leave I have no doubt about it, Levy never said there was no cash to spend.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I said the same thing about my ex... she fecked off with someone else shortly after though. On a serious note, I think poch’s Spurs project is coming to an end. Doesn’t mean he will be interested in managing the messy project we are presenting to him though
A lot depends on this season IMO, everyone saying it's coming to an end yet it's his best start to PL season.

Seij

Poch isn't leaving unless Levy decides to sell off their core players, which probably isn't happening.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I'm pretty sure he wanted to spend money this Summer, yet brought no one.
He wanted to spend money on players who would improve the first team, his targets they were unobtainable. Look you clearly think he will jump ship at the first opportunity, I dont think he will. There isn’t really much else that can be said.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Poch will stay where he is, it‘s one of the most exciting places to work at with talents like Kane, Alli, Son, Lucas and zero pressure from the media.

Enigma_87

You know who
He wanted to spend money on players who would improve the first team, his targets they were unobtainable. Look you clearly think he will jump ship at the first opportunity, I dont think he will. There isn’t really much else that can be said.
nah, only if a better opportunity comes along. He'll stay put if he doesn't land a bigger job - United, Real, etc...

Bwuk

If Poch left they’d get Howe and he’d be a fantastic appointment.

redshaw

They should look no further than Jorge Sampaoli.

Would be our luck lately if we get Poch and Eddie turns out to be the next Alex Ferguson for them.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Might already have been said. But taking Howe and having £34m to spend on players they never thought they'd have this season (or next summer) isn't such a disaster. Specially if he feels it's time to move on.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Poch isn't leaving unless Levy decides to sell off their core players, which probably isn't happening.
This thread is speculation. Id say Howe would be definitely in the mix. Probably no.1, Spurs got Pochettino from a premiere league club where he was doing well. Howe fits that profile perfectly.

Personally I think he is staying, he would not have signed on such a long term contract. The RM links were around long before he signed it as well. Perez has made no secret of his respect for Pochettino. I dont see what we could offer above and beyond what RM could offer.

But speaking of Spurs best players, Eriksen is on the move. He has not extended his contract which to me suggests pastures new. Probably RM for stupid money.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Madrid job is quite the poison chalice too, and they are in a bit of a crisis themselves post-Ronaldo. Their hot seat is far from stable, much less so than United. I'm not saying he'd pick United over Madrid. I honestly think he'd choose to stay at Spurs over the two. Neither of us are an attractive prospect right now, Madrid and United both need an overhaul, whereas he has a good thing going at Spurs.
That is my view as well but I fully support the club if he is their first choice.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I think Howe would be the man for the job, and I think it's good (for Spurs) that we're already hearing that they're making sensible plans to replace Pochettino.

Howe would be a great fit for them I reckon, he deserves the chance at a bigger club than Bournemouth, and he plays decent football.

Last edited: