Next Spurs manager?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It must be a great honour for Erik Ten Haag to be linked with a European Super League club. It's a shame for Spurs that they're Spurs and Bayern are Bayern because Nagelsmann would have been an exciting option.

Because he is such an arse that even as an Ulster man I simply can't stand the sight of the prick. I normally am pleased when my fellow countrymen do well for themselves.... can't stand him.
Fair enough. I dont get the widespread hate for the man though. He always seems quite classy when dealing with the media, and I know that he will always have a chat with a fan, and the obligatory photo.

Same, I've never understood the dislike for him. What is it you don't like about him @balaks? Seems to be a good manager focused on the job and doesn't create negativity or embarrass the club he works for.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Spurs would have been better off if they kept Poch.

This is assuming he wanted to stay of course.

But if their ambition is to win major trophies Levy will need to spend more.

iHicksy

They really fecked up Sacking poch. Brendon would have been a great choice, but tbh he's probably got a more complete squad for his style of play at Leicester who are doing fantastically.

passing-wind

Maybe if the squad was more developed Potter would be a good fit but considering they need a rebuild a more experienced manager is needed.

Gandalf

Eddie Howe makes some sense if they can't tempt a bigger name from Europe which seems likely to be the case with several very attractive jobs opening up. I simply don't get the Graham Potter hype though, I know he has been the trendy name for a few years now but in terms of results he has been woeful in English football. He went to Swansea and did nothing with them for a year before ditching them for Brighton and for the last two years he has managed to do no better than Chris Houghton did at Brighton but for some reason he is the messiah. I don't think he is the messiah, he is a very naughty boy. Sean Dyche could coach rings around him but won't get a look in because he doesn't fit the profile Levy wants even though none of that sorry shower would be giving less than 100% with the ginger Mourinho on the touchline.

BorisManUtd

It's probably going to be Ten Hag in the end, makes most sense I guess (still can be classified as younger coach at 50 years old, style of play, won trophies even though it's been with Ajax but also got them to UCL Semis few years ago and was seconds away from final literally).

Reactions: Invictus

Cloud7

I can’t see any of the promising up and coming managers wanting to go there. It doesn’t seem like a good platform for taking your managerial career to the next level. I’m not surprised that Rodgers, Ten Hag etc aren’t interested.

And this isn’t meant to be a jab at Spurs, just that the overall situation the club is in right now with respect to finances and playing staff isn’t exactly ideal, and especially if Kane/Son push to leave, Spurs might go into a bit of a lull that will take some time and effort to get out of.

hubbuh

These lot are up shit's creak without a paddle. I just had a quick cursory glace over at the Fight Cock and they are all rather upset. To be fair, no manager seems to want anything to do with them. Roberto Martinez and Gareth Southgate are two names being bandied about, which would be fecking hilarious. Graham Potter seems like the best available option at this point..?