Next Spurs manager?

visiting villain

Supports
Aston Villa
What about the guy from Aston Villa? He's doing a fantastic job too isn't he? How come he's never listed as a candidate anywhere?
Yeah don’t think he’s leaving for any job other than the England one (which I don’t think he’d get anyways) since he’s a lifelong Villa fan.

but I have seen a few Villa fans wanting him out because “he’s not good enough” for where we want to be going:drool:

I genuinely don’t know where Spurs can go with their fanbase’s expectations now in terms of management

UpWithRivers

Whats about Bayerns manager - Hans-Dieter Flick? He's leaving isnt he. Not the most impressive CV but he did well at Bayern not that its hard

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Whats about Bayerns manager - Hans-Dieter Flick? He's leaving isnt he. Not the most impressive CV but he did well at Bayern not that its hard
Think he's leaving cause he got the NT job for Germany.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
A club with high debt and an owner who does not like to spend money on the squad, several players at the end of the cycle, but above all with the biggest star of the team wanting to leave at all costs of the club.

It is not a scenario that can attract a decent coach.

Longshanks

All this Potter talk I don’t think he’s up to much, ever since Brighton hired him he’s had them in a relegation battle.
I think Potter would be a very spursy appointment, they would no doubt play some good football under him probably without achieving very much. But you never know maybe hes the real deal.

Parker would be an interesting one, he would be under pressure straight away and I dont think he would have the fans onside and any bad run would put him right on the chopping block. I think given time he could actually do quite a good job I doubt he would be given the time though and will probably go down as a failure.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Graham Potter with his xG could get the best out of Kane. Let’s hope they hire Parker instead. :lol:

Mainoldo

Maybe they want Ole. They missed out on him when he was playing. :)

They’ll probably keep Mason. It’s the new in thing.

I think Potter would be a very spursy appointment, they would no doubt play some good football under him probably without achieving very much. But you never know maybe hes the real deal.

Parker would be an interesting one, he would be under pressure straight away and I dont think he would have the fans onside and any bad run would put him right on the chopping block. I think given time he could actually do quite a good job I doubt he would be given the time though and will probably go down as a failure.
I think Bielsa could be a good option too, what hes done at Leeds is far more impressive than Potter.

Parker... they would go nowhere very quickly with him, i think Kane and Son would be off as soon as the transfer window opens :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What about the Southampton manager?

diarm

They were seriously discussing Scott Parker as a potential Spurs manager on TalkShite last night. There were dissenting voices tbf.

Please do it, please!

Scott Parker, good grief :lol: :houllier:
I was chatting with a Spurs supporting mate last week and he got all cranky when I mentioned Eddie Howe as a possible hire. He acted like Howe wasn't fit to lick the boots of the Spurs job.

Then 5 minutes later he mentioned Scott Parker as an option.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
A club with high debt and an owner who does not like to spend money on the squad, several players at the end of the cycle, but above all with the biggest star of the team wanting to leave at all costs of the club.

It is not a scenario that can attract a decent coach.
Spurs were in similar position in 2014 having lost Bale the year before and just qualifying for europa league. Pochettino saw it was step up for him and next 5 years went pretty well for both parties.

They'll have to gamble on someone from mid table/bottom half now but there are some good coaches out there, just got to scout and do the metrics and find the best one for current set of players. I do think Potter is a decent shout with that criteria, remember when he was at Ostersunds he got them into europa league knock outs so actually has some european experience on his CV.

Think Parker would be massively out of his depth, far too soon for him getting that type of job.

FatTails

Seeing some mentions of Rangnick. I must admit, I would have loved him as a sporting director/DoF at United.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
I think Kane is off as soon as the xfer window opens regardless of what happens.
Before the Euros? Nah.

After the Euros? Severely unlikely. I doubt anyone's spending £100m+ on a single player this summer.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

They will realistically not achieve anything with this squad anyway and I doubt they will have resources to invest into their first XI to bring it to that level. They may as well get someone who will get them to play good football, compete for top 4 and develop their young players. I think Potter also had an impressive EL campaign with Ostersunds, so maybe he could repeat that with Tottenham.

Oranges038

Spurs have a pattern recently.

Appoint a foreign coach, sack him, hire an Englishman as caretaker, appoint another foreign coach, sack him and hire an Englishman as caretaker...

I think they could attract Allegri. Then sack him in 18 months and hire Harry Kane as player/care taker manager.

iKnowNothing

Saw some Reddit posts that said the fat Spanish waiter was being lined up. He will be a good appointment for them (or Arsenal). I don’t know how credible those are to be fair.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Before the Euros? Nah.

After the Euros? Severely unlikely. I doubt anyone's spending £100m+ on a single player this summer.
Kane deserves to be playing in the best competitions in the world. Spurs, no offense, are a pretty average team atm, and Kane needs it to happen for him now if he wants to be winning team trophies. I dont see him wanting to stick around for the next managers 'project'. I think he was happy to sit it out under Jose when he came in to see if they could get a trophy as a team. That did not happen so time to move to a club that will get trophies.

RM/City maybe, people have this notion about oh it's 100mil, but look at the Bale xfer to RM. They paid the Bale xfer in instalments over 4 years, they did not pay his xfer fee up front. So it was 20mil a year, looks a lot more affordable in that scenario. What Spurs do have going for them is Kane is Tottenham through and through, it's not like he is going to down tools if he does not get the xfer he wants.

Bearded One

If I was Levy I’d be looking at Ajax manager seriously. Would be interesting to see who they would try to get. Surely Brendan Rogers should be one of the candidates to be considered.

Spurs fans, if you had a magic wand who will your next manager be?

redNATION

If I was Levy I’d be looking at Ajax manager seriously. Would be interesting to see who they would try to get. Surely Brendan Rogers should be one of the candidates to be considered.

Spurs fans, if you had a magic wand who will your next manager be?
They were looking at Ten Hag seriously, but he chose to sign a new contract with Ajax last week once he heard he was on Spurs' shortlist :lol:

Not sure Rodgers would go if Leicester are in the champions league. He is a very good manager though, potentially good enough to manage us one day.

Allegri possibly, though I think if Arsenal are smart they will get him first.

The Sevilla manager, Lopetegui, is who Spurs should consider. He's done well with the resources he's got at Sevilla, and even challenging for La Liga. Question whether he'd leave though as Sevilla are in the champions league next season, and has a long-ish contract.

Last edited:

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Kane deserves to be playing in the best competitions in the world. Spurs, no offense, are a pretty average team atm, and Kane needs it to happen for him now if he wants to be winning team trophies. I dont see him wanting to stick around for the next managers 'project'. I think he was happy to sit it out under Jose when he came in to see if they could get a trophy as a team. That did not happen so time to move to a club that will get trophies.

RM/City maybe, people have this notion about oh it's 100mil, but look at the Bale xfer to RM. They paid the Bale xfer in instalments over 4 years, they did not pay his xfer fee up front. So it was 20mil a year, looks a lot more affordable in that scenario. What Spurs do have going for them is Kane is Tottenham through and through, it's not like he is going to down tools if he does not get the xfer he wants.
RM are skint. Realistically, only City are going to be in the position to buy him, and they're yet to break £68m they paid for De Bruyne.

Even when the 'star' players have left Spurs before, it's been a year before they actually leave. Bale was the last one, around 7 years ago, and then Modric before that, and in both scenarios there was almost a seasons' "notice period" in effect, because DL seems to say "big money or no move", and a lot of clubs aren't prepared to do that.

If it waits until next summer, you'll have Haaland available on the cheap (providing he doesn't move this summer), so it's not working out well for Harry if he wants to leave.

I expect his full concentration will be on the Euros.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Spurs have a pattern recently.

Appoint a foreign coach, sack him, hire an Englishman as caretaker, appoint another foreign coach, sack him and hire an Englishman as caretaker...

I think they could attract Allegri. Then sack him in 18 months and hire Harry Kane as player/care taker manager.
I don't think the caretakers they employ tells us much. Most clubs hire someone who already knows the club, or is already working internally, to steady the ship before the new guy comes in. And there's generally very little time in between full-time appointments.

The only pattern I've seen is that there isn't one, with Jose being the apex of that. Bizarre choice then and now.

ti vu

In talks with Roberto Martinez, according to Sky Sports.
Has no defense, get someone who doesn't coach defending, as manager. Kinda makes sense. No need to sign new defenders.

:drool:

cjj

Supports
Spurs
I think the general jist is that no one has a clue - that's either because the club have done a good job of confidentiality, or they don't have a clue either.

My assumption is that it's plausibly someone whose season or job isn't finished yet - that leaves a manager who still has games left to play, or one going to the Euros.