Next Spurs manager?

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Of course it does, how did Inter come into possession, when the Roma players knew they were all up the pitch?
Did you actually watch the video? Roma player played an very aggressive pass (or was it rather a shot?) Inter player blocked and the rest is just a beauty in counter attacking.

pascell

Did you actually watch the video? Roma player played an very aggressive pass (or was it rather a shot?) Inter player blocked and the rest is just a beauty in counter attacking.
I did and you've kindly contradicted yourself by saying the Roma player messed up by playing a very aggressive pass whilst his whole team was up the pitch.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
The real question is whether Paratici gets the credit for those deals or whether it was really his boss Beppe Marotta. Most Juve fans seem to give more credit to Marotta.

Marotta had a brilliant track record at Sampdoria before going to Juventus and has also done extremely well at Inter after Juventus. Paratici at Juve after Marotta's departure hasn't been all that great.

Giggsy13

From a wonderful reunion with Poch, to Conte to Fonseca, and ultimately watching your star player leave: Spurs truly back to being Spurs.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The real question is whether Paratici gets the credit for those deals or whether it was really his boss Beppe Marotta. Most Juve fans seem to give more credit to Marotta.

Marotta had a brilliant track record at Sampdoria before going to Juventus and has also done extremely well at Inter after Juventus. Paratici at Juve after Marotta's departure hasn't been all that great.
Ribalta I’m sure was in on some of those deals too. Their recruitment hit a sweet spot at one stage in particular but point taken about Marotta. Plus he’s going to be working at a club that’s a much harder sell with way lower wages. Much harder job.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
I did and you've kindly contradicted yourself by saying the Roma player messed up by playing a very aggressive pass whilst his whole team was up the pitch.
Well, how do I contradict myself here?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I wont pretend to know much about Fonseca but if he does become our manager obviously I'll give him my full support and wish him well. He may be a good coach but after weeks of speculation about who it might be including the likes of Conte it feels very underwhelming. From what I'm hearing the club are absolutely skint and won't be signing anybody without selling people. We could be looking at several years of pain unfortunately.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I wont pretend to know much about Fonseca but if he does become our manager obviously I'll give him my full support and wish him well. He may be a good coach but after weeks of speculation about who it might be including the likes of Conte it feels very underwhelming. From what I'm hearing the club are absolutely skint and won't be signing anybody without selling people. We could be looking at several years of pain unfortunately.
Hiring Mourinho was a catastrophic blunder, can't for the life of me understand how Levy could make such a horrible decision.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sounds rather pessimistic! Selling Kane would allow for a rebuild. Spurs attract decent players no matter where they are in the league.

el3mel

Sounds rather pessimistic! Selling Kane would allow for a rebuild. Spurs attract decent players no matter where they are in the league.
Rebuild ? Levy will just take the money and put it in the bank account.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Absolutely. The rebuild needs to work though. It could go as well as the dippers replacing coutinho or as badly as a certain other club replacing a Welsh winger when they sold him to Real Madrid :p

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
I remember the howls of derision when we appointed Don Ranieri. Could be the right man, right place, right time. Hope not.

dinostar77

If it wasn't for Covid happening things may have been very different under Mourinho. The new stadium full to capacity would have generated significant income for spurs. That would have been used to invest in the squad.

Mourinho joined spurs because the project looked so good. World class stadium, world class training ground. Funds would have been provided to develop a world class team on the pitch.

But covid happened and it all fell apart. You could argue that if covid didnt happen then spurs would still fail under Mourinho but we will never know.

Judas

Open to offers
If it wasn't for Covid happening things may have been very different under Mourinho. The new stadium full to capacity would have generated significant income for spurs. That would have been used to invest in the squad.

Mourinho joined spurs because the project looked so good. World class stadium, world class training ground. Funds would have been provided to develop a world class team on the pitch.

But covid happened and it all fell apart. You could argue that if covid didnt happen then spurs would still fail under Mourinho but we will never know.
Sounds like something Duncan Castles would say.

redrobed

Fonseca’s a bit middle of the road but feel he could have done a bit better than Spurs.

He’s not going to pull up trees but think they can fight for top 6 this time around. Shrewd appointment from Spurs.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
If Tottenham is going to hire Fonseca, who is an attacking manager but meh in terms of setting up a defense, why not hire Hasenhuttl instead?

If Hasenhuttl can manage that skint squad of Southampton for two years, he would have no problem with Spur's transfer approach. He can elevate average players and get a decent return out of them.

I think Spurs are missing out on a potentially very good manager.

Reactions: Invictus

Jibbs

If Tottenham is going to hire Fonseca, who is an attacking manager but meh in terms of setting up a defense, why not hire Hasenhuttl instead?

If Hasenhuttl can manage that skint squad of Southampton for two years, he would have no problem with Spur's transfer approach. He can elevate average players and get a decent return out of them.

My thoughts exactly. But I think Paratici has a big say in this appointment.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

There was a rumour we have approached a few PL managers and they all said they prefered to stay where they were :lol:.

My thoughts exactly. But I think Paratici has a big say in this appointment.
I don't think his position will me DoF, Levy will have the final say on everything.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
There was a rumour we have approached a few PL managers and they all said they prefered to stay where they were :lol:.
If that's the case, it's not good news for your team. But I doubt that Hasenhuttl will like to remain the manager of a team which is flirting relegation and getting pasted 9-0 once a year instead od going to a good team that needs some refreshing to challenge for top 4.

Sorry for my late reply, but I can only post thrice in a day.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If that's the case, it's not good news for your team. But I doubt that Hasenhuttl will like to remain the manager of a team which is flirting relegation and getting pasted 9-0 once a year instead od going to a good team that needs some refreshing to challenge for top 4.

Sorry for my late reply, but I can only post thrice in a day.
No worries, and yeah a shit show we are.

Red_toad

Fiasco is what I'm seeing unfold here. Laughing stock can't even get a second rate manager over the line :lol:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Levy is destroying that club. Should’ve spent the summer after they finished 2nd. Didn’t Poch have a net spend of snout £5m there in his entire tenure?