Next Spurs manager?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's not rocket science. Just hire Potter. Seriously, it's not that complicated. He is a much better option than all of the managers Spurs are linked with.

Can't believe Levy is so incompetent.
If he was called Pottinho they'd be all over him.

He's done at great job at Brighton, they play some lovely football.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Levi getting found out badly at this stage.

For those that defend him, just look at the season they just had, the decisions that were made.

Sacking their best manager in many years, not backing him when he was in charge and waiting for the team to get stale.

Hiring Mourinho, then sacking him before a final and putting a complete novice in charge of it.

A stadium that will cripple them financially for years when all the big money comes from the PL deal anyway.

He stumbled upon a good manager once, but he is a businessman first and a terrible chairman after.

No success and continued blunders that make the club look awful PR wise.

What top quality player would go to Spurs this summer? They must just arrive for the first PL game with Nuno in charge (the most boring manager of the last 10 years in the PL), no Harry Kane and a season in the Conference League.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Which young players has Nuno made better - genuine question? Neves has regressed, Traore has only built his body since he joined, Gibbs-white has been getting some game time.

Neto is good but not exactly a credit for Nuno. If anything it's the older players who has delivered for him.

redrobed

I wouldn’t be against letting them have Wazza. Would be a big step up or him from Derby. Good for his development as a coach - if he does really well we can just take him back after Ole. If he doesn’t we’ve lost nothing as we wouldn’t appoint him straight from Derby anyway.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I wouldn’t be against letting them have Wazza. Would be a big step up or him from Derby. Good for his development as a coach - if he does really well we can just take him back after Ole. If he doesn’t we’ve lost nothing as we wouldn’t appoint him straight from Derby anyway.
They haven't gone that far down their list yet. Close though.

mister_olumide

Supports
tottenham
I am actually in shock that a manager was fired, that, without a replacement contract written in paper or at the least a verbal agreement.
We literally are slutting around and hoping for any takers.
We look desperate, and that’s not a good sign for the players, especially the ones we hope would stay even though we need them to go so we can rebuild.
And if we are rebuilding I’d take Howe, I’d take Potter.
If we can convince Marcelo Bielsa to leave Leeds and come to us, that would be my favorite appointment, but if Foncesca fell through, I can imagine what would happen with Bielsa who has quite a strict reputation.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Id imagine maybe someone like Scotty Parker would be in front of Wazza simply by ties to the club. But it is a total joke for a club that professes to want CL football to be looking at virtual unknowns. Always odd with Spurs, no money for team investment, all the money in the world for new city gentrification and development projects.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm telling you, 'Arry Redknapp will take charge.

He's gonna swap Kane for a second hand sofa.

Then he's going to flog that sofa on Gumtree and buy Troy Deeney whilst pocketing the change.

And his face will look more like a croissant.

Zlatattack

I'm telling you, 'Arry Redknapp will take charge.

He's gonna swap Kane for a second hand sofa.

Then he's going to flog that sofa on Gumtree and buy Troy Deeney whilst pocketing the change.

And his face will look more like a croissant.
:lol: :lol: and somehow £20 million will end up in his dogs account.

Pickle85

Nuno would be a really odd choice. Have to say it's not looking promising for spurs next season. After a really good last five or ten years (not in terms of trophies, granted) they're looking worryingly like sliding into midtable semi obscurity a la Everton. I actually like them as a club and think that the more competitive the league, the better, so find it a bit of a shame. Would be interesting to rewind time and see how different things would have been had Harry Kane not come through. At times it feels like he's carried them almost singlehandedly.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Staggering if they go for Nuno. I know he wasn't exactly sacked by Wolves but he surely would have been if not for the credit he had in the bank for the last two seasons. Rarely do you see a manager get so little out of such a talented squad as he managed last campaign.

Nuno is no upgrade on Ryan Mason as far as I can tell. And Spurs fans would certainly enjoy a season under Mason more than they will under Nuno.

hobbers

Have to laugh when you compare them with Everton as well.

Everton were cockslapped by Ancelotti walking away. But if they hire Benitez they'll have hired a much better manager than whoever Spurs end up with, and in less than half the time.

Gandalf

Staggering if they go for Nuno. I know he wasn't exactly sacked by Wolves but he surely would have been if not for the credit he had in the bank for the last two seasons. Rarely do you see a manager get so little out of such a talented squad as he managed last campaign.

Nuno is no upgrade on Ryan Mason as far as I can tell. And Spurs fans would certainly enjoy a season under Mason more than they will under Nuno.
The mutual decision to part was because they had told him he would be sacked and they let him leave with a little dignity. He is good at setting up defensively so could have a future as a Portuguese Big Sam but if Spurs appoint him it says everything about their lack of ambition. No progressive style of play, no record of developing youth and no success at this level.

Raredaredevil

Levi getting found out badly at this stage.

For those that defend him, just look at the season they just had, the decisions that were made.

Sacking their best manager in many years, not backing him when he was in charge and waiting for the team to get stale.

Hiring Mourinho, then sacking him before a final and putting a complete novice in charge of it.

A stadium that will cripple them financially for years when all the big money comes from the PL deal anyway.

He stumbled upon a good manager once, but he is a businessman first and a terrible chairman after.

No success and continued blunders that make the club look awful PR wise.

What top quality player would go to Spurs this summer? They must just arrive for the first PL game with Nuno in charge (the most boring manager of the last 10 years in the PL), no Harry Kane and a season in the Conference League.
About time someone called him out. All the hype about him being the best owner just because he sell his best players for overpriced fees and his love for the club...let's just say that he is as much as a businessman corporate shark who only cares about profits and he doesn't really love Spurs as he is made out to be.

anant

I have no idea why they aren't all over someone like Graham Potter.

Side plays good football, good level head who is calm and composed throughout. While in terms of table position, BHA are where they are, you can see the improvement in their style of play (which will eventually make them a top 10 side - which is great for a club of that size).

The only downside is he hasn't worked in that big a side, but that's a risk nearly every club has to take at some point

cyberman

I have no idea why they aren't all over someone like Graham Potter.

Side plays good football, good level head who is calm and composed throughout. While in terms of table position, BHA are where they are, you can see the improvement in their style of play (which will eventually make them a top 10 side - which is great for a club of that size).

The only downside is he hasn't worked in that big a side, but that's a risk nearly every club has to take at some point
Because he cant coach a team to score goals. Looks to be another possession, attacking pattern manager with no end product.
Does he not work with the strikers?

anant

Because he cant coach a team to score goals. Looks to be another possession, attacking pattern manager with no end product.
Does he not work with the strikers?
It's not due to lack of decent opportunities though. They have Maupay and Welbeck as their strikers. As decent as they are, with better finishers the side could and should have scored a lot more

choccy77

Nuno deserves better than Spurs.

At this point, any manager that agrees to go to Spurs, has no ambition and will just be looking for a payout after being sacked within a few months of a long contract.

Reactions: Sultan

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I can see Spurs trying some new hipster thing and say they don't need a manager and all the hipsters agree.

Damn hipsters, they ruined Scotland!

cyberman

Romano had this up late yesterday evening

https://www.benchwarmers.ie/transfer-news-harry-kane-man-city-jadon-sancho-man-utd-and-more/235073/

Finally, the Spurs fans complicated Rino Gattuso’s arrival and so Levy chose another path. Now the list includes several managers, nothing is definitively decided yet; Nuno Espirito Santo is welcomed by the new director of football Fabio Paratici, he is one of the candidates and the frontrunner as of today.
See where his fraud meter lies after this.

diarm

My bets for the running this week:

Lippi
Scolari
Alardyce
Dyche
Trapattoni
Holloway