Next Spurs manager?

tomaldinho1

Graham Potter 'says no' now doing to rounds, it has become a welcome circus for non Spurs fans this.

RU Devil

Levy (or Paratici?) need the go back to the drawing board. The mooted candidates really don't excite and seem more retreads. Maybe one of the Red Bull system managers should be considered. High press, counterattacking system that was similar to Poch and would get the most out of the current group, since they don't have as much transfer kitty as they'd like (unless Kane goes).

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
The decision regarding Kane will have already been made.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I realised that what Levy is referring about Spurs DNA is actually playing 3 at the back with wingback. Just look at the managers that Spurs are aiming for. Nagelsmann, Conte, Fonseca, and Nuno. :lol: Spurs DNA

Gandalf

Levy is playing 3D Chess. He has managed to swap a defensive minded Portugese manager with a lengthy career of winning league titles and major trophies for a defensive minded Portugese manager who has won the EFL Championship. Spurs DNA.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Wonder why Spurs didn’t go for Benitez.
Even without Kane, i think Benitez could have been good to steady the ship and keep them in contention for top6.
Nuno will be interesting (or insanely boring) to see, wonder what he can do with this group.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I realised that what Levy is referring about Spurs DNA is actually playing 3 at the back with wingback. Just look at the managers that Spurs are aiming for. Nagelsmann, Conte, Fonseca, and Nuno. :lol: Spurs DNA
Nothing wrong with that formation just need right personal to make it attackingly efficient.

Pep's Suit

So they fired Mou only to replace him with someone who will play even worse football? That gap between the Big 4 and the rest should be even bigger this season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Nothing wrong with that formation just need right personal to make it attackingly efficient.
Try to relax and have bit of banter mate. :lol:

The fact those four managers are not in the same personal show how Levy has no clue what he wants and what is this Spurs DNA he was talking about.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Try to relax and have bit of banter mate. :lol:

The fact those four managers are not in the same personal show how Levy has no clue what he wants and what is this Spurs DNA he was talking about.
Sorry mate. Levy only can explain what's that DNA he insisted on though. :houllier:.My daily quota was over mate. See you another day.

Last edited:

choccy77

Nuno deserves to get sacked for being stupid enough to join Spurs TBH.

What a waste

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Levy doesn't seem to know what type of manager he has just appointed.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Why the Nuno hate? He did well at wolves
Because his "success" is primarily built on playing negative and uninspiring football. I don't think there is hate for him, more a general sense of hilarity that he's found his way into the Spurs job - especially under the guise of bringing back entertaining football; which is largely antithetical to his historical approach.

el3mel

Why the Nuno hate? He did well at wolves
He's a good manager, but I thought they wanted a manager who plays good stuff ? Because Nuno is sure as hell not this guy. His Wolves team was unbearable to watch. Good results but shit football.

Nick7

Ffs I was looking forward to not having to play against his shower of shite multiple times a season

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Very odd appointment and clearly one of desperation. Not sure how he’s got the job.

Wolves in the last 18 months or so have played extremely boring and tumescent football. Probably the worst team in the league to watch last season and played football that would have made Dyche embarrassed. However prior to that they were a pretty decent watch and were very good at high pressing and quick transitions. They did lose a lot of players last season, notably Doherty and then Jonny and Jiminez to injuries. The two full backs were massive losses to how he wanted to play so could maybe make some sort of an excuse for him.

I can’t see him being a success though. There is too much wrong at spurs currently and the expectations compared to resources simply won’t add up for any manager.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Football Ramble : “Spurs announced that Nuno gets the DNA of the Club”

Apparently DNA stands for D’Nineteenth Applicant

Tears.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Strange appointment after saying they will go for a manager with an attacking philisophy. I guess they got desperate!
With expectations low he might actually do well enough - Spurs were top last November - I think Mourinho decided that if they were going to win the league the defence needed sorting - went uber negative and this backfired big time.
The team is still decent enough at least for 5th place.