Next Spurs Manager

TheReligion

Abusive
Clearly Conte is gone. Just a matter of time.

Number of names mentioned, who do you see as favourite and who is the best fit?

Poch
De Zerbi
Big Ange
Luis Enrique
Tuchel
Gallardo

Would a big name take working with Levy? Last few appointments have been a disaster and I’m sure some would have reservations.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think most likely it will be either Tuchel or Enrique but honestly I have no idea.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I would be very surprised if it was De Zerbi, I'd put my money on a Poch return

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Enrique is probably the best choice but I reckon they will go back to Poch.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
On his current track after Mourinho and Conte, Simeone

can’t see past Poch with a mission to revitalise them into a youthful team

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
There is no way Tuchel is downgrading and going to Spurs. He will probably get the Real job when they get knocked out of the Champions League and don't win the league.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Would Tuchel even accept Tottenham? Don't see him being a good fit there at all. I would think he's in the running for the position at Real Madrid when they decide to move on from Ancelotti so might as well wait a bit longer to see what happens. There's also been some talk Tuchel might even go back to PSG after Galtier's eventual sacking, and Leonardo not being there anymore would probably make a comeback possible.

De Zerbi is an interesting one. A big success at Brighton but not been there long enough to make it difficult to jump ship if a bigger opportunity comes along.

cyberman

Tuchel because Levy has a habit of hiring the wrong managers for this squad.

Abraxas

If they had sense, De Zerbi. Which means they'll probably go for Poch.

I don't think it's so much will a big name work with Levy. It's will a big name work with this squad of players and Tottenham given the competition they're up against. How exactly has Levy caused an issue in the last few years..he's backed Conte, built a great infrastructure..what more does a manager want.

slored1

Poch seems like the obvious answer. Enrique or Tuchel are big names but I can't see them working well at Spurs.

justsomebloke

Clearly Conte is gone. Just a matter of time.

Number of names mentioned, who do you see as favourite and who is the best fit?

Poch
De Zerbi
Big Ange
Luis Enrique
Tuchel
Gallardo

Would a big name take working with Levy? Last few appointments have been a disaster and I’m sure some would have reservations.
Poch seems the obvious choice? Or Tuchel. The present squad might be a better fit for Tuchel than for Poch perhaps.

Eddy_JukeZ

With all due respect to Spurs, why would Tuchel or Enrique take the job?

Their pedigree and CV can get them a better job.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
With all due respect to Spurs, why would Tuchel or Enrique take the job?

Their pedigree and CV can get them a better job.
It's a big London club in the best league in Europe and they will get paid an absolute fortune. Same reason why Conte went there.

Relfy

Surprised no one is mentioning Thomas Frank at Brentford. I think he'd be a shrewd appointment for Spurs.

Eddy_JukeZ

It's a big London club in the best league in Europe and they will get paid an absolute fortune. Same reason why Conte went there.
There weren't any vacancies in other clubs when Conte went there mid-season.

I don't think the Spurs job will be the biggest club in need of a coach during the summer.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I wouldn't advise any manger who has managed at the top level and would still be deseriable there to go to Spurs.

Spurs is better for managers who are on the way up. They're close enough to the big clubs without actually being one and can just squeeze into the top 4. Now, they're coming towards a rebuild so they need someone who can do that.

Graham Potter would've actually been good if he didn't go to Chelsea. I don't think he would've been a deer in the headlights.

crossy1686

career ending
Thomas Frank could be a good outside shout.
This is the appointment they should make now Potter is off the table (or could well be back on by the time Conte goes). These big names haven't worked and there's no guarantee they will. The likes of Enrique and Tuchel can get a PSG, Madrid, Milan, Bayern job also if they just wait until the end of the season or next season, they don't have to do charity work at Spurs.

Pintu

There weren't any vacancies in other clubs when Conte went there mid-season.

I don't think the Spurs job will be the biggest club in need of a coach during the summer.
But there will still be more “elite/close to elite” coaches on the market than elite jobs available… So Tuchel might end up having to chose between Spurs, unemployment or some even “smaller” clubs (remember that time Ancelotti had to take the Everton job…)

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Spurs don't have the players to play the Enrique style of football. He might struggle initially.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Fair enough. Who do you want the club to hire?
I'd like De Zerbi, Frank or Enrique - I love Poch but I think if he came back now he would end up ruining his legacy with the club so I'd rather he stayed away for now.

Kag

Managers like Mourinho and Conte just isn’t what Spurs should be about.

They’re never going to win the league, or be able to compete with the top teams financially, so at least try to play good football, bring in some exciting players, and build a positive environment. Pochettino worked so well for that very reason.