Next Sunday, nothing but a win gets us in the CL - do you trust us?

Betson

Would love to say yes but , but hand on heart looking at past experiences with the majority of this current squad , the fact is we don't react well to pressure and don't show we have the composure to win important games.

Hopefully we have turned a corner , we will know soon enough anyway.

Red00012

Still lying 5th after our best run since Fergie. I’m 50/50 at the moment whether we can qualify or not.

cyril C

Our most important game is Westham, then Leicester. One game at a time please. Add Chelsea if you want to include FA, but always 1 game at a time, don't forget the Southampton mistake when your eyes and minds are else where.

IRELANDUNITED

Yes.

And if we can't beat this Leicester side (who are missing several of their best players) then we don't deserve to be in the Champions League.

lysglimt

Scout
Its depressing that Southampton have messed this season up for us - one thing is drawing twice against us, but without that 0-9 defeat we would be ahead on GD

The Siege

The Southampton game is why I'm not sure about this. Because it's been the only time in a long time when the team was under a do X and get Y kind of pressure, and they choked (yes, you can argue about a last minute injury but the game should have been put to bed long before that). So I'm in a 'this could go either way' zone.

keithsingleton

We're in driving seat And motivated so don't see why not. Plenty of cool heads in our side, won't be easy but then what is in football. Momentum is also on our side. COME ON YOU REDS.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
After West Ham away 15/16, no, I don’t really trust them to do it, especially after the Soton game the other day.

With that said, if Spurs wins by 2 goals next game and we smash West Ham by 3 or more, Leicester would have to beat us by more than one goal and even for us, that’s hard to balls it up.
You'd need to beat West Ham by 4.

If Leicester conceded 2, and you beat Spurs by 3, then that puts Leicester on a GD of 29, and Man United on 31. But a 1 - 0 to Leicester would put Leicester on 30, and United on 30, with Leicester being higher on goals scored.

jlecesne

Normally, I’d be happy to watch us play 3 games in 7 days. But with our lack of quality in squad depth and the importance of the next 3 games, I’d happily wait a week between each. Too bad we can’t.
The optimist in me says we’ll be okay and clinch Top 4+FA final... the realist in me sees our squad looks tired and it may be a toss up.
Agreed. If the players were all fit and rested, I would bank on United to beat Leicester and qualify.

ReddevilTinu

It should all depend on how Leicester and Chelsea have fared in their matches prior to the final match. We need to win against West Ham and they need to win against Liverpool and Spurs. It would be good if they loose and we win since the pressure will be on Leicester and Chelsea to get the results. This would also help both Wolves and us since we both are an excellent counter attack teams

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Personally I'm just glad with the progress we have made. Even if we fail to make 4th and get knocked out of the Cups we have set things up nicely for a much better season in 2020/21.

There is no evidence at all to suggest that players or sponsors would less attracted to Manchester United.

And if it came down to it...I'd rather win the FA Cup than finish 3rd or 4th.

treble_winner

Personally I'm just glad with the progress we have made. Even if we fail to make 4th and get knocked out of the Cups we have set things up nicely for a much better season in 2020/21.

There is no evidence at all to suggest that players or sponsors would less attracted to Manchester United.

And if it came down to it...I'd rather win the FA Cup than finish 3rd or 4th.
What if Woodward fired Ole after we fail to get top 4?
Ever since Fergie's departure, all our managers who could not get us into top 4 were fired. Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho... That's clearly the overall pattern.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
What if Woodward fired Ole after we fail to get top 4?
Ever since Fergie's departure, all our managers who could not get us into top 4 were fired. Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho... That's clearly the overall pattern.
Interesting theory.

I would hope that Woodward can actually see all the progress that Solskjaer has made. But hey...that's the optimistic supporter talking!

sp_107

What ever happens at least football we have produced is good and feels,like good old days

If we qualify for champions league it’s a bonus if not it’s not end of the world but I do think next year we will be near to top of the table.

davidmichael

Leicester have to go to Spurs and Chelsea have to go to Liverpool so I fully expect us to be in third place heading into the last game of the season, makes Southampton’s last second equaliser even more annoying as we could have wrapped up a Champions League spot by beating West Ham.

West Ham are basically safe now so have nothing to play for so I’d expect us to win by two or three and head into the Leicester full of confidence and lots of momentum, if we have a full strength squad to choose from then I’d expect us to at least draw which if things go as I expect in the week would be enough but if we can’t beat Leicester when they’ve been poor since the restart then we don’t deserve to be in the top four.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Well here we are. Personally am bricking it, but it's a good problem to have. The teams come back has been nothing short of amazing, and we've given ourselves a real chance - something entirely expected back in Feb.

Obviously a big test, feels like all of the pressure is on us. That has to influence things, but we have some winners in the team (Pogba, Bruno, De Gea) and we just need to hope the younger players can get through.

Squeeeeeaky bum time for sure!!