Next Sunday, nothing but a win gets us in the CL - do you trust us?

Nick7

Absolutely not. We've been very good since the restart. But the last 7 years have beaten any optimism out of me.

ShinjiNinja26

I think the fact we’ve just drawn with Southampton and it feels like a loss that seems to have knocked the confidence right out of all of us despite being on a 18 game unbeaten run says it all. :lol:

This teams bottle has been in question for a long time now and we’re going to find out the answer in the next few games.

Paul_Scholes18

I trust us more to win the league next season ;). At least then we have 38 games and can afford to mess up a bit.

Chairman Steve

A lot of this team were involved in teams that drew to an already relegated Huddersfield, who were one of the worst teams ever in the 25 or so years of Premier League and lost to an already relegated Cardiff at OT. That really doesn’t fill you with confidence.

Hopefully the new faces who have impressed and the old faces being fecked off out of the club and to the sidelines changes that.

Paul_Scholes18

A lot of this team were involved in teams that drew to an already relegated Huddersfield, who were one of the worst teams ever in the 25 or so years of Premier League and lost to an already relegated Cardiff at OT. That really doesn’t fill you with confidence.

Hopefully the new faces who have impressed and the old faces being fecked off out of the club and to the sidelines changes that.
Mostly worried about De Gea. Maybe we should play with Romero here.

Alek M

Da manic one
Leicester may only get one point for the remaining of the season and that may be against us. I can easily see us be up 3 points and needing to avoid defeat

lsd

The Oracle
I wouldn't be putting the mortgage on us that's for sure .

I would be hopeful but expecting the worse inside

SuperiorXI

I don't trust us, I think we'll be 5th. We have shown that we struggle to capitalise on the mistakes of others a number of times this season... this combined with the burnout I can't see us doing it.

I'll be over the fecking moon if we do though.

SAFMUTD

Everything would suggest we would be favorites, better squad, better form while Leicester seems to be in free fall with a bunch of key players either injured or suspended.

But still we've managed to feck it up so many times when we've had the chance that I would be nervous as feck. This team doesnt seem to deal well with the pressure of being favorites, we tend to do better being the underdogs.

CM10

If it came down to it, yes. I'm hoping we'll have it sewn up before the Leicester game though.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think this thread is similar to "we are easily the 3rd best team" or "we're challenging next season".

It's too presumptive. We still have two games before then. And they won't be easy, especially if the team is collectively not handling the pressure well.

If we get to the Leicester game needing a win to get CL, I would not at all treat it like the formality some on here have appeared to do. And not because Leicester are great (though they can just as well get a win against us), but because I worry our mentality is still too frail to stand up to that kind of challenge.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah they’ve got Sheffield United tonight then Spurs who are sort of showing a bit of life all of a sudden. we just need to do our part and win our two games before we meet them and I think we’ll qualify.

chelsea have Liverpool and Wolves. Maybe pool will snap out of their celebrations And do us a solid but again we have to do our part.

Bobade

We have drawn one game, we didn't even lose. We didn't play amazing , but the equaliser only came in the last minute when we were down to ten men.

I trust us to do it. We're Man United!

HailtotheKing

I'm a little bit worried that they're gonna have had a whole week to prepare and we will have played an extra game on Wednesday after also having played in the cup on Sunday. That's gonna make a big difference I think. Which means we'd probably need to out Leicester to bed by half time.

LoneStar

It’s an interesting question. If we play our natural game and barring any major injuries, we should win against them. But hypothetically, if we take the lead, will we regress and sit back allowing Leicester to take control ? In that case, I think we might lose.

Simply put, I trust our attack, but not our defence much. Of course in a one off match, we can lose even if we do everything right, but our team selection and playing style would reveal a lot about how Ole would perform under pressure.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We're a better team than they are. If we are at full strength, then yeah. It'll be nervy as feck though.

Think we'll more likely be in a "don't lose and you're in" situation though. Maybe even one where we'd be ok with a 1 goal loss but not 2 goals.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Nope, it will be Leicester's biggest game in years and they'll be bang up for it. The balls-up against Soton is the one that will cost us plus Palace will play as if their lives depend on it tonight so that could end in defeat. Not forgetting West Ham are game raising cnuts also..

Sea-Cow

Full hysterical mode -- if we need a win, no chance we get it done.

If we just need to hold on to a draw, I think we could do that.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If we can't beat Soton at home, why would I trust this team and manager away against LCFC? Especially after last year's debacle.

I'd still hope, support and expect to win until the last minute but I certainly won't trust us to do it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So much could happen before next Sunday. There's a possible scenario emerging where Leicester n Utd could play out a draw to guarantee both clubs CL football.

If we both win our games before next Sunday and Chelsea only get a draw at best at Anfield then it could be very dodgy next weekend. Leicester n Utd would then know that a draw would guarantee both clubs a CL place due to GD advantage.

E-mal

The only way to avoid this 100% is to obliterate Leicester's goal advantage, needing us to draw and qualify.

Adamsk7

Ultimately I am feeling quite relaxed about it. If we don’t make champions league, it won’t be because of the team we are now, it’ll be because of the team we were at the start of the season.

17 games unbeaten should not be sniffed at and we’ve done exceptionally to even make it competitive at this stage.

PoTMS

No, I wouldn't trust us. If we needed a win, we would only draw. If we needed a draw, we would lose.

Shimo

If it comes to that, yes I see us getting the win. Well I see us beating them regardless of what we need that day.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Yes, and if you ignore the 6th minute of injury time vs Southampton a lot more people would be confident.
We have been playing well and Leicester haven’t. Not in the bag by any means but confident? A big yes!

ruskyline

Trying to gauge where we are mentality wise. If results go a certain way, it can be a straight shot next Sunday between ourselves and Leicester - we win, we get CL. Anything else we're in Europa. The implications of that for the next 2 seasons are enormous, with signings, shirt deals, covid-year revenues and so forth. Could even determine Ole's future. So it's if not the most important than one of the most important post-Fergie single matches.

Do you trust this team to get the job done?
No I don't trust our team.

ROFLUTION

When we hit the day, we're a better team So yes. However Vardy on the counter could really feck us over

Lj82

Believe.

It's the first time in years that I have so much belief in the team. I'm just going to enjoy it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If you can't put away Leciester at OT when they are without Maddison, Fuchs, Chilwell & Soyunku on the final day of the season then maybe you shouldn't be in the Champions League. Not that I think it will come to us needing to beat Leicester, though.