Next United manager 2020/21 edition

soapythecat

Given that Ole’s luck ran out and even penalties aren’t making a difference, maybe it’s time to assess who can make this very good (unbalanced) team competitive again.

I guess Poch will be the man wanted by many, but I’m going for Graham Potter. His Brighton are always well organised and press well, just don’t have to quality to pull it off but he sticks with it. Him, or just throw a bus full of cash at Bielsa.

Thoughts?

Mainoldo

Allow it. Let’s just focus on what our squad looks like after tomorrow. He’s not going nowhere for now.

el3mel

Ole won't be here next season. The only question is will he be here post December or not.

Otherwise, Poch 100% will be the next manager.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pochettino the obvious available choice. Sometimes the obvious decision is the right decision.

youmeletsfly

Given that Ole’s luck ran out and even penalties aren’t making a difference, maybe it’s time to assess who can make this very good (unbalanced) team competitive again.

I guess Poch will be the man wanted by many, but I’m going for Graham Potter. His Brighton are always well organised and press well, just don’t have to quality to pull it off but he sticks with it. Him, or just throw a bus full of cash at Bielsa.

Thoughts?
Bielsa will clash with a lot of our diva players. Graham Potter has never managed a top club.

My picks would be:
1. Nagelsman
2. Carlo
3. Poch
4. Allegri

Zoo

It will be Poch unless he gets another job. And we‘ll be here in 2 years time talking about him possibly being sacked.

Skills

Snitch
Our fanbase's deeply unhealthy relationship with the managers job is one of biggest problems with the club. Despite our constant failures after Ferguson, we're only on our 4th manager in 7 years.

Bojan11

Graham Potter? I rather have Allegri who might sort our shit show of a defence out.

Potch is clear favourite, if we decide to sack Ole. Nagelsmann and Ten Hag would be good choices too.

PoTMS

It will be Poch unless he gets another job. And we‘ll be here in 2 years time talking about him possibly being sacked.
I'd take the possibility of that over the 100% likelihood that Ole will take us absolutely nowhere further than 3rd/4th and win us absolutely nothing while playing tumescent football with no evidence of actual coaching.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Don't want Pochettino.

I like Allegri but don't think his style would be the best fit for this club.

Wouldn't mind taking a punt on Nagelsmann.

siw2007

I imagine Poch will be given the job sometime this year.

Raw

Gotta be Poch. I like Allegri but it'll be another backwards step going for someone with his style.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It annoys me that the club can keep changing managers and avoid blame falling where it is most deserved.

But of course that doesn't mean Solskjaer is the right person either.

If I was advising whoever got approached for the job I would advise them to turn it down. They won't succeed here, no matter who they are.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Nobody really right now.

Pochettino, Ancelotti, Allegri, ten Hag, Simeone.

We missed the boat with Klopp honestly, Mourinho was the best manager I think but he went sour when he wasn't backed.

The board is what is rotten.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I have no idea. But in the modern game we need a top coach. Somewhat like the public opinion on Nagelsmann/Bielsa/Pochettino. We need to modernize as a football team.

Skills

Snitch
It annoys me that the club can keep changing managers and avoid blame falling where it is most deserved.

If I was advising whoever got approached for the job I would advise them to turn it down. They won't succeed here, no matter who they are.
Keep changing managers? We're not fecking changing them enough.

Guess the list of clubs who've hired more managers than us in the last 7 years?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
On my last post, would people accept Bielsa? Or is unsuited for a big club and playing manager (as opposed to coach)

Bojan11

You would be a shit adviser.

One day someone will succeed here and some manager wants to be the first post Fergie to succeed here. If he fails it’s not going to be a blip on his CV because he’d just join the long list of failing managers.

Pav1878

Thoughts?
So you want to replace Ole who hasn't achieved anything in football management of note, and replace him with Graham Potter? Ok I've heard it all now

Rolaholic

It shouldn't be him but unfortunately after our poor window and start to the campaign,it feels a little inevitable that Ole's going to be the one forced to take the fall.

I'm at the point where I don't really care who we bring in at manager or which players we bring in anymore given that the same incompetents above them will still be around.

Doesn't matter if we sign Sancho, bring in Poch/Pep whoever, I won't feel good about the direction of the club until we have a full restructuring of our football operations and bring in actual football men instead of suits who only give a feck about money

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Pointless discussion until the real problems are solved.

arthurka

This team is shambolic and Ole has no right to be asking for 5 games to get this lot fighting fit. He needs to go and should probably take Ed with him.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Biggest loss at home since Sir Alex Ferguson lost 1-6 at home to Manchester City in 2011.

L1nk

Pochettino
Marco Rose
Nagelsmann

Take your pick. I can't imagine Nagelsmann will leave yet, so between Pochettino and Marco Rose, think Rose is better, but Pochettino is free and available and knowing this board, well... we'll probably get none of these 3.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
You would be a shit adviser.

One day someone will succeed here and some manager wants to be the first post Fergie to succeed here. If he fails it’s not going to be a blip on his CV because he’d just join the long list of failing managers.
One day someone will indeed succeed here. But it won't be under the club's current leadership and structure.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I'd take the possibility of that over the 100% likelihood that Ole will take us absolutely nowhere further than 3rd/4th and win us absolutely nothing while playing tumescent football with no evidence of actual coaching.
Better football Okay, you might get it.

But how do you expect anyone to take this club further than 3rd/4th when the board are obviously happy with that?

Mourinho wants to make the next step, nopes, can't get the signings he wants. This season, same story.

Where do you think Liverpool would be now without VVD and Alisson?