Neymar | 2015/2016

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I used to argue with so many people who claimed the money was wasted on him. They're all so quiet now.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Tore both Danilo and Carvajal a new one on that left hand side and should have had 2 more assists than he finished with. The red card summed up how much he frustrated Real.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Is there anyone who still thinks Hazard or Bale are on his level? :lol:

Theonas

Scout
Is there anyone who still thinks Hazard or Bale are on his level? :lol:
He always had a higher ceiling and I am not sure many could have argued with that. But there were periods over the past few seasons where they performed as good if not better than him. Now that he is fulfilling his potential, he is clearly a level above if not more.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Absolutely a superstar and making the improvements I hoped he would playing alongside Messi as well as the ruthlessness of Suarez. It's a phenomenal attacking trident

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I would love to see a gif of that dribble he did on Danilo in the first half, when he skipped past him with his left foot close to the touchline.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
I very much like the idea of a MSN trio supportted by a midfield of Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitic/Roberto. Pretty good team ;)
And Sergi Roberto, what a transformation this season. He has a release clause of only 30m, need to push that 3x now.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Cheers to the mod who gave me the tagline too. So satisfying when you call out a lot of idiots who base their opinions on emotion rather than actual footballing ability. Not that it was difficult to predict he'd be this good. For anyone who actually watched him week in, week out at Santos, it was pretty obvious he was a level above anything that's come out of Brazil in a long time.
Exactly

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
I see that his stock on here has gone up considerably since the 'Robinho MKII' days!

RedStarUnited

He needs to go to another team next season. As good as he is, he just wont outshine Messi for the forseable future.

Fergus' son

I know, that was pent up and will get ripped apart here :lol:

But god it felt good to get it out of my system. Took so much abuse from twats who had no idea what they were talking about.

I understand, loads of idiots on here were writing him off as another flair Brazilian that won't become a top player, almost as if they wanted that to happen. I don't understand why people want players to fail so badly, especially those that entertain and excite the crowds, really doesn't make sense to me.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
In response to someone who said it's popular to hate Neymar, Pete had this to say:

It's a popular opinion among people who've been watching football for a long time and are suspicious of fannyballers.
I would tag him, but it appears he's no longer a member. Shame, that.

feck, the old thread is gold. I'm going to stop quoting because I'm ruining the point of this thread. But for anyone who wants to enjoy a majority writing him off based on emotion, here's the link: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/neymar.357054/

I'm out, I've had my fun. Enjoy a very talented player. It's weird because I don't even like Neymar that much. But feck, people took it personally that I was objective about him.

Cheers @Stack , @Kevin and all.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
If you insist. A mere teaser of what he had to offer:

Do people really rate him because of his football inteligence? :houllier:

I really hope he signs soon for some european club, it will be joy watching 30-40 million paid clown.
He is match winner in brazilian shitty league, Ronaldo won matches in best league in the world, and that's a big difference. ;)
IMO he isn't even close to Ronaldo's level at that age. But, it's hard to compare, since Neymar is playing in shit league where every second player looks like messi.

So what if he is their first choice? That proves what exactly? Juan is also their first choice, so is sandro, romulo, damiao, and probably none of them would be starters for any of top5 premier league club for example, or any other big club.

Playing for brazil national team(in last few years) doesn't make you a world beater, especially in last few years. Their national team is mediocre in last few years. People often say brazil and still think they are strong as they were in times when Ronaldo, cafu,carlos and others played. They aren't half strong as they used to be, and still he doesn't even look like Brazil's best young player, nevermind world's best young player.
A bit premature, this one:
I was right after all, he is a pure clown. :lol:
I said long time ago his best attribute is making himself look like a clown. His hair isn't shit as it used to be, but his football hasn't improved(judging by tonights game of course).
Done at this stage. There's plenty more if you're interested. The only clown is @Amar__ .

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
By the way, if this is how Nanderson feels, imagine how Rosell now feels, who had to quit because of the Neymar deal. :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
:lol: See naming and shaming. I think the play acting put people off him. What made me think he was the real deal was that he was carrying a shite Brazil side from his teens, under immense pressure. You can't get that from a pretender.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
:lol: See naming and shaming. I think the play acting put people off him. What made me think he was the real deal was that he was carrying a shite Brazil side from his teens, under immense pressure. You can't get that from a pretender.
What made him the real deal was his ability with the ball and the fact he could do it all at pace and under pressure.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
I'm not petty. I would be fine if people hadn't sent me private messages abusing me. Despite the fact that I have absolutely no fecking affiliation with him, I was literally a fan that watched him a lot and knew the little diving fecker was hugely talented. Go back through my posts, I criticised him too. Even I didn't think he'd get to this level so quick.

It's sad that [essentially] young kids get abused for diving or having different hairstlyes. I mean, these internet experts don't even bother going to the bother of watching them play, they think their 20,000+ posts on an internet forum (have a double take of that sentence for some perspective. And this isn't a criticism of people with high post counts, but it's an absolute criticism of people who think their opinion holds more value) trump all others.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Hey @Amar__ , how about this for a howler?

Want me to dig out the other 20 or other posts of yours from that thread? I told you I was going to bookmark them. Thanks for all the abuse you gave me at the time. I know this is petty, but you're still a twat. I wouldn't abuse anyone based on their opinion of a footballer.
He still acts like a clown on the pitch, I have not changed my opinion on him as a person. His playacting and image is still embarassing, he is immature and acts like a pussy after every contact.

However, he has improved a lot as a player and is much better than he was at that time, so fair enough. I am happy to be proven wrong. It happens all the time with everyone.

As for the abuse part - :lol: , you are even worse than I thought, you were obviously insulted because I hated Neymar, just proves your fanboyism for him, you would probably shag the guy considering the love you show for him. What attracts you on this guy, it's his eyes, isn't it?

Jev

Could he even take the Ballon d'Or? Has been immense all year, won the league and the Champions League, and his incredible run of form is fresh in memory while Messi has been injured most of the season and Ronaldo has been average.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Btw, post reported for calling me twat for no reason, and saying I abused you just because I had different opinion.

Fergus' son

He still acts like a clown on the pitch, I have not changed my opinion on him as a person. His playacting and image is still embarassing, he is immature and acts like a pussy after every contact.

However, he has improved a lot as a player and is much better than he was at that time, so fair enough. I am happy to be proven wrong. It happens all the time with everyone.

As for the abuse part - :lol: , you are even worse than I thought, you were obviously insulted because I hated Neymar, just proves your fanboyism for him, you would probably shag the guy considering the love you show for him. What attracts you on this guy, it's his eyes, isn't it?

Reading this post, it's clear who the real clown actually is.

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
For future reference, any time anyone feels like dragging up old posts to make a point - leave the insults out of it.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Could he even take the Ballon d'Or? Has been immense all year, won the league and the Champions League, and his incredible run of form is fresh in memory while Messi has been injured most of the season and Ronaldo has been average.
I don't think so, but his form has been terrific this season. Suarez should be ahead of Ronaldo in my opinion but I don't expect it to be the three Barca players.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Neymar has totally changed my opinion of him, when he first emerged I thought he was all hype but he's justifying the praise with his performances now.

In Messi's absence Neymar has been a key creative outlet for Barcelona. His ability to occupy defenders and do the unexpected has been key to keeping Barca going while Messi has been injured. He has, to some extent, always had the tricks. The question about Neymar was whether he could add the in-game intelligence to that to really be a top level talent. He may still be a bit of a ball hog but his decision making is, more often than not, on point. Quality.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
When expressive players like him are enjoying themselves, winning and building on special chemistry like the 3 have is a pleasure to watch. They have ambition too which makes them lethal and entertaining