Neymar and PSG mocking Haaland (or his celebration)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You didn't understand me. For me that looked ridiculous because all those jokers from PSG have ridiculous goal celebration too. In my eyes they looked like idiots doing that.
I have zero sympathy for Haaland or Dortmund.
I mean they're mocking his arrogance as much as anything else. It's called banter.

The fact that Neymar is almost a good decade older than him? Can you imagine yourself mocking and taunting a 20 year old lad when you are 30 over some silly social medis post?
Yeah, so the equation between 30 year old footballers and 20 year old footballers isn't quite the same as that people in other fields. They kick and battle on the pitch, and are considered to be contemporaries. Messi won the Balon Dor at 21/22 was it?

Sara125

What is this stuff with Neymar and his sister?
There’s been a running joke for a few years now that he fecks her based on their pics together, stuff he’s commented on her IG etc. (tbf their relationship is quite weird)

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What does his age have to do with it?
Quite a lot really. He’s still a kid by comparison to seasoned pros and you’d think they’d show a little bit of consideration

Going to be interesting after their next game. Could be some fun

The Original

The fact that Neymar is almost a good decade older than him? Can you imagine yourself mocking and taunting a 20 year old lad when you are 30 over some silly social medis post?
The idea that there is some strict way people are supposed to behave based on how old they are is arguable. But even if we agree that there are certain social norms surrounding age, wouldn't one of these be, "don't disrespect people older and more accomplished than you are"?

Harland certainly comes before equity with unclean hands in this case.

The Original

Quite a lot really. He’s still a kid by comparison to seasoned pros and you’d think they’d show a little bit of consideration

Going to be interesting after their next game. Could be some fun
Consideration for what exactly? The man is 19. That's no kid. Men his age are on the frontline of battle all over the world. He's old enough to vote. He's old enough to be sentenced as an adult in criminal matters.

He's not a baby.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Consideration for what exactly? The man is 19. That's no kid. Men his age are on the frontline of battle all over the world. He's old enough to vote. He's old enough to be sentenced as an adult in criminal matters.

He's not a baby.
Here we go. Let’s build a straw man argument blah blah yawn zzzzzz

Inter Yer Nan

Well PSG is a classless scummy club and Neymar is Neymar. It's expected. Just makes their inevitable exit more glorious. The fact they let a 19 year old rattle them so much speaks volumes of Haaland and PSG and their players.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
Had the roles been reversed people in here would rejoice and call it top banter.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If Haaland talked shit first he's got to be able to take it in return. As for the celebration, is that Haaland's normal celebration or just one he pulled out in the match against PSG? If it's his normal one then PSG look a bit shit for mocking it, but if he only did it against them then it's absolutely fair play.

redshaw

Even if the celebration was new, it was such a sweetly struck shot and a kid on a crest of a wave at a new club, I didn't feel the celebration was mocking the opposition or over the top watching it live.

Trust PSG to take it to heart though.

Charles Miller

:lol:C'mon, go and call your mama. In football if you lose you are wrong.
Also Mbappelé and Neymar celebrating at sound of "No te creas tan importante" says it all.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The madness over here would be out of this world if United was the losing team instead of BVB.
Yes it would be. But look at it from the other point of view - if we felt we'd been disrespected by an arrogant kid who (apparently) continued talking shit after the game on social media. We'd be loving the fact we rammed it back down his throat when it came back to bite him on the arse. If somebody talks shit it is absolutely fair to give it back.

Of course I did see a couple of comments questioning whether the social media comment was from a fake account, in which case PSG would look fairly stupid.

Charlie Foley

Why would your focus be on Haaland at a time like that? Enjoy your own win.

listening to On the Continent and one of them said PSG doing it on the pitch and again in the dressing room is like telling a joke and no one laughs, then you tell it again and someone says “yeah we heard you the first time” :lol:

they seem like the sort of guys who screenshot their own “funny” texts or reddit posts and then post it on Facebook

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The madness over here would be out of this world if United was the losing team instead of BVB.
On the contrary, If Haaland said "manchester is my city" and the Bruno scored and did the celebration, we'd all be absolutely loving it.

ROFLUTION

yes you have, read above.

Haaland sent a warning shot saying paris is my city.

PSG slapped him back to Dortmund and they celebrated by doing his silly celebration and posting it's our city not yours.

You can't send shots and not expect to get clapped back :D but people are upset that the golden boy Haaland is being teased :(
Maybe its more because the mockery seem simply small time and over the top? More a fan of showing class in a situation like that myself, it all seems typical petty Neymar. Shallow celebrations, shallow club imo.

USREDEVIL

I'm sensing a bit of jealousy on their part. But it's no biggie to celebrate and bust a little balls. Spoils of war and all that...

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
It's pretty funny to see so many analyses from" experts" who haven't watched Neymar play since the world cup apparently (because most of the complaints are about him diving or faking injuries, which he didn't do since 2018). Any person considering he's a "show poney" obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. PSG were butchered by his talent and his resolve in Barcelona's 6-1 when nobody else believed they could win. Not Messi, not Suarez, not Busquets, just Neymar.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
On the contrary, If Haaland said "manchester is my city" and the Bruno scored and did the celebration, we'd all be absolutely loving it.
Bingo. He taunted them and always faced the risk of being mocked had they not won the tie. And they didn't.

Born2Lose

If this great insult was committed against anyone else except a player from Hipster FC then no one would care.

Anytime they lose a big game there has to be a rationalisation of the loss by means of some perceived injustice thus awarding them a moral victory.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Who knows if the 'my city' post was from Haaland or not, I know Dortmund talked a lot of smack, and I have no problems with it either way. I love to see a little extra banter, some shit-talking, some mocking, it gives the game an extra edge. I hate how some want to neuter the game of all emotions or animosity.

I didn't mind the PSG mocking the celebration, it wasn't out of bounds and it wasn't nasty. Of course, I couldn't wait to see the fake outrage on here from people who have absolutely no idea what they're even talking about, and this thread didn't disappoint.

Mainoldo

Felt sorry for him at first and I didn’t know the full story. However now that I know... GOOD.

He’s young and he will learn. Maybe one day he’ll get a chance to give it back.

UDontMessWith24

He, in no way on this earth, is anywhere near as talented! A show pony that should be compared to the likes of Joe Cole and JJ Okocha
Because he has the drive of a stoned bulldog that just ate a steak. On raw ability he could have reached that level. I can’t stand him either so I’m not shedding any tears that he won’t.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Can’t see the problem here. Haaland is a bit of a knob, good to see him being mocked. He asked for it, and he has the most annoying face in football.