Neymar on the move?

zkap

Supports
Barça
I can confirm that he was the reason the Santos coach, Dorival Jr., was given the sack, albeit lack of playing time wasn't the reason. One day Neymar threw a ridiculous tantrum at him during a match and things went downhill from there. Brazilian media sided with Neymar and the opposition coach, René Simões, was famously quoted after that match saying that "we're creating a monster". That quote is well reminded in Brazil even a decade later, since Neymar's overprotection by the media, his camp and the national team staff proved detrimental to his character.
Fun fact: around that time, Santos made a dossier to the Brazilian Football Confederation complaining about the number of fouls he received. René Simões replied that they should make a dossier on how often he dove. Sounds familiar?
Long story short, Neymar was raised like a special snowflake. He's unable to look himself in the mirror and face criticism, because everytime his attitudes are questioned, people rush to close his eyes and ears and tell how special he is and how everyone is wrong. In a sense, I feel a little sorry for him because he could have reached for the stars and be remembered as one of the goats. Instead, he'll go down as a great gifted player with an UCL title on his resume. That's a very successful carreer, but it falls short of what he could have been.
He's still young enough to make a push for his peak, but if he doesn't fix his attitude (I have no reason to believe he will), then I think he'll go through the infamous Brazilian decay.
This is pretty much it. Neymar is too comfortable, he’s been a project his entire career and it’s time to pay that due now. Clearly he doesn’t have anyone to show him the way, either. Surrounded by so many people, yet he finds himself desperately trying to escape the club that broke the world record transfer fee for him. Imagine that.

It remains to be seen what he does this season, wherever that may be. If he doesn’t land a transfer and stays at PSG, he needs to show up big time. I don’t know if he has it in him, but I hope he does.

cyberman

He would be a disaster at Madrid. Its Barca or bust for his career

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In all, it's been a poor transfer. Pay 220m euros (lump sum) for a player for very little gain. Only for the player to pick and choose when he plays.

Siorac

In all, it's been a poor transfer. Pay 220m euros (lump sum) for a player for very little gain. Only for the player to pick and choose when he plays.
And then Barca went and spunked most of that money on Coutinho - and now they're buying Neymar back.

All in all, the whole thing has been a bit mental.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He missed last night's game. Cheeky 20 mill plus Alexis bid?
We'd be foolish to have him anywhere near United. Luckily, I don't think he fits the profile of a player Ole would want playing for United.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not really his fault for the injuries...

gorky_utd

If barca signs him do you guys think ole should make January move for ousmane dembele?

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And then Barca went and spunked most of that money on Coutinho - and now they're buying Neymar back.

All in all, the whole thing has been a bit mental.
With the exception for cnutface Neymar who has managed to increase the bank balances of himself and his Dad significantly. Mercenary.

Jimmy_Bond

The Neymar saga would have fecked up the transfer market for absolutely no reason in the end.
This is the most annoying thing.

The little tosser has completely fecked up the football transfer market due to one of his little Andy from Little Britain esque whims.

Everyone should sit down and agree to forget the last 2 years and treat Pogba as the world's most expensive player again.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

mwake

Supports
Liverpool
Saw an article today that the Barca team were apparently happy to have their wages delayed so that they could re-sign Neymar, thats some real love being shown.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Saw an article today that the Barca team were apparently happy to have their wages delayed so that they could re-sign Neymar, thats some real love being shown.
That's bullshit though.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"We were ready to adjust our contracts,” Gerard Pique told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser.

“We weren’t going to contribute money, but we were going to make things easier by allowing some payments to be made in the second or third year instead of the first.”

TrustInOle

Definatley a Barca player again next year. I feel bringing back Neymar, with Griz and Messi, could be more lethal than when they had Saurez as a 3. Would be some lovely play once you take Saurez's selfish plays out the equation.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Definatley a Barca player again next year. I feel bringing back Neymar, with Griz and Messi, could be more lethal than when they had Saurez as a 3. Would be some lovely play once you take Saurez's selfish plays out the equation.
Pretty sure the Barcelona ship has sailed. For as many people that would be happy to see Neymar back, there are as many who are still upset with how he left, happy that it led to the discovery of Ansu Fati, and don't want the headaches that it will bring as players will have to be moved and for them to be moved, they have to want to actually leave. They're going to lose Rakitic for peanuts because he hasn't gotten over still of how he was treated in the Neymar transfer saga, Dembele flat out said he would turn down any contracts for a move. All of this doesn't mean it can't still happen, but I think there's at least as much of a chance he goes to Real Madrid than he goes back to Barcelona.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Suarez wasn't selfish when he played with those two. He was pretty much the opposite of that.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
PSG aren't letting him go for nothing and nobody's paying what they want considering his wages and injuries

He'll be at PSG for a while imho

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He's gonna end up here as part of the Saudi regime's takeover if anything.

Needham

He's gonna end up here as part of the Saudi regime's takeover if anything.
Saudi ownership and Neymar getting us penalties would take the club back to the heights of its late 90s popularity.

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
What Barca were you watching?