Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

I kind of agree he’s more talented than Ronaldo. I think a lot of people consider talent to mean a sort of baseline natural ability. No denying Ronaldo is the greater athlete, competitor, and so on, but in terms of pure on-the-ball, talent I’d rank Neymar higher.
People underrate Ronaldo now as though he was a slogger who got where he is by hard work alone. He was an insane talent in his youth and showed more across his entire career than Neymar ever did. Talent is more than just flicks and tricks, otherwise some futsal player would probably be considered the best ever.

redshaw

Crazy that PSG are getting almost 50% of their initial outlay.

Also 'Money talks and Neymar is a mercenary' - why do you think he joined PSG in the first place?!
Reminds me of Madrid paying £80 million to us for Ronaldo and then selling him to Juve for £100m.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Aren’t they only getting €90m for him? I thought they paid around €225m?
In £ terms they signed him for £198m and they’re getting £86.4m, so around 44% of their original outlay. I’m not sure what the € figures are.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
People underrate Ronaldo now as though he was a slogger who got where he is by hard work alone. He was an insane talent in his youth and showed more across his entire career than Neymar ever did. Talent is more than just flicks and tricks, otherwise some futsal player would probably be considered the best ever.
Well said

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
In £ terms they signed him for £198m and they’re getting £86.4m, so around 44% of their original outlay. I’m not sure what the € figures are.
That £198mil would be spread over his deal, so 5 year contract at £198mil fee would mean the transfer fee reduces on PSGs books by approx £39 million per year.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
That £198mil would be spread over his deal, so 5 year contract at £198mil fee would mean the transfer fee reduces on PSGs books by approx £39 million per year.
The point is PSG will be getting ~50% of their original outlay.

Danillaco

What do you mean mate?

You have a final to play.
Left wing position needs one player.
2015 Neymar or 2006 Dinho.

Who do you pick? Neymar for you??
I think that's an absurd decision
There was a discussion this week in Brazil's football scene about who was better, prime Ronaldinho or prime Neymar.

I really like Neymar, but that's not really a debate of you saw both play.

Danillaco

After watching that I take it all back. Is it too late to hijack this move to Saudi?
I still think we should try him. He's class and he'll be in a well run team with a disciplinarian in charge. I think he would flourish under EtH in any position of the front three, he's that talented.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Yeah because R9 didn't play for PSV, Inter, Barcelona, Real Madrid and AC Milan, yet only won 1 league title and 0 CL titles. He already played for top clubs. Neymar had a far better club career.

Yes R9 won the world cup in 2002 and was the top scorer in WC history for a while, but lets not pretend that 2002 Brazil wasn't packed with insane talent, and if you replaced R9 with Neymar in that team they would have likely still won the WC.

R9 is massively over hyped, considering he barely won any significant trophies, yet Neymar gets slated by many for not achieving more than he should have.
World class talent was far more spread out amongst multiple clubs up until City and PSG arrived. Was posted in that Ronaldo/R9 thread about the list of greats in Serie A that won far less due to how spread out talent was in the 90s and early 2000s. By the time he went to Real in the Galactico era he was nowhere near the player he was for PSV, Barca, and early Inter days. Yet, had the Galactico era not forsaken balance in the pursuit of superstars they may have won more in those years.

He may very well have been the Mbappe lured to a "farmer's league" in differing eras, or may have been Benzema with Real or Haaland with City. His club career would have played much different in the era of oil clubs and super squads.

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

Cristiano is extremely talented in his own right but Neymar was a prodigy as well. In terms of technique, agility and passing he's even more talented then Cristiano, IMO. He never was never really as good as prime CR7, at least not over the course of a season or so, but he had all the tools to be better than him. He was insanely good from 2014-2019 or so.
I would agree with this.

Neymar's talent was outrageously high.

CR7 was extremely talented as well, but I think you can name 10 players at least with more innate talent than him all-time.

His ability to extract/maximize his talent(CR7's) might be the best ever.

fps

I would agree with this.

Neymar's talent was outrageously high.

CR7 was extremely talented as well, but I think you can name 10 players at least with more innate talent than him all-time.

His ability to extract/maximize his talent(CR7's) might be the best ever.
No. If you saw early Ronaldo you know he had every single trick and flick in the book. He chose to change his game to win, he honed himself to a fine point. Neymar has emerged as a different kind of player at PSG, more of a playmaker, in many regards. But that’s partly because he didn’t keep the physicality to constantly, endlessly do the business at the sharp end of the field. He went places on the pitch where flicks were easier.

Pronewbie

Peep
No. If you saw early Ronaldo you know he had every single trick and flick in the book. He chose to change his game to win, he honed himself to a fine point. Neymar has emerged as a different kind of player at PSG, more of a playmaker, in many regards. But that’s partly because he didn’t keep the physicality to constantly, endlessly do the business at the sharp end of the field. He went places on the pitch where flicks were easier.
Yep. The underrating of Ronaldo's dribbling and technique is criminal. Keep in mind that he was mostly doing it at pace, which makes it even harder than strolling about and sauntering with some samba moves.

Eddy_JukeZ

I watched early Ronaldo.

It's not about doing flicks or tricks. I believe Neymar simply has more natural talent.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
I can't see how people think Ronaldinho was better than Neymar, let alone "on a different planet". The only thing the former was better at was first touch(ball control and one touch pass). Neymar is a much more productive playmaker and a much better goalscorer. His combination of progression dribbling + passing skills + vision + off ball movement is matched only by Messi in the last 30 years. The number of great passes and dribbling runs that he produced in 17/18 was above anything Ronaldinho has ever produced.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
Also, people overrate Ronaldo's off ball movement. His freakish impulsion and time reactions inside the box were much more influential in his goalscoring than smart runs and movement. I don't think his movement was better than Messi's or even Neymar's.

FerociousCorgis

some of these numbers are ridiculous. How much more money could neymar really need? Wouldve thought hed be filthy rich already and thered undoubtedly be plenty of endorsements after his playing days he couldve gone for. Gonna waste 2 years of his not that many years left to go be forgotten in saudi arabia i guess.

iKnowNothing

There can never be enough money. See Ronaldo. He is already rich and makes a lot in Saudi, yet charges a lot of money for an Instagram post for example.

RedStarUnited

To a team like United this guy is worth the 2m pounds a week or whatever he wanted.

We cant create, a player like him would revolutionise us. His positives would far outweigh his negatives.

cant believe some of you didnt want him.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
To a team like United this guy is worth the 2m pounds a week or whatever he wanted.

We cant create, a player like him would revolutionise us. His positives would far outweigh his negatives.

cant believe some of you didnt want him.
People come out with the weirdest "I told you so" bullshit after we lose a game. :lol:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
0 goal in Saudi after 4 games. People laugh at Ronaldo scoring for fun at the desert, but Neymar is a complete disaster there.

RedStarUnited

0 goal in Saudi after 4 games. People laugh at Ronaldo scoring for fun at the desert, but Neymar is a complete disaster there.
Yeah lets ignore the fact has 3 assists and my point was about his creativity not scoring but carry on…

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Yeah lets ignore the fact has 3 assists and my point was about his creativity not scoring but carry on…
People make fun of Ronaldo scoring 16 goals 6 assists there this season. Neymar is on 0 goal 3 assists, so fair play to him.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
People make fun of Ronaldo scoring 16 goals 6 assists there this season. Neymar is on 0 goal 3 assists, so fair play to him.
Considering he's playing more Counter-Strike than football, I'm sure he has many assists in CS2 :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.