Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Okay, what if these shiny new players win us shiny new trophies? Would you refrain from celebrating our success? If we score a last minute goal to win a treble again it won't count for you?

It's easy to sit back and say the popular thing to say, but it's hardly what any of us will practice in reality.
Some will stop supporting a Qatari owned United. As hard as that might be, I can see why. It’s everything we’ve spent years criticising City for, happening to us - their success doesn’t count etc. If you felt that way when city won things, it stands to reason you’d find it hollow when United do it too.

cyberman

Some will stop supporting a Qatari owned United. As hard as that might be, I can see why. It’s everything we’ve spent years criticising City for, happening to us - their success doesn’t count etc. If you felt that way when city won things, it stands to reason you’d find it hollow when United do it too.
Our fanbase has become too accustomed to the Glazers and having our status and spending power handicapped by leech owners.
We should be more than City on our own. There should be nothing hallow about our club throwing its weight around.
Sign Mbappe? Great. He has to play somewhere so why not the biggest club in the world?
we can’t spend 1b in a window due to ffp, we would basically be spending what we could have spent without Glazers anyway so I can’t see what would be hollow about it

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This smacks of a Woodward signing to me. No thanks.
A Dandy Dan that can't score 20 per season even in the French League, and very rarely even plays more than 20 league games per season either. No thanks, again.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Who the owner is doesn't make it hollow. But if the owner is pumping ridiculous amounts into the team that other clubs can't compete with in the long-term that makes it hollow. If they are blatantly cheating the system that every other club follows, that then makes it extremely hollow. In those cases it's not really the club having that success, it's the owner succeeding and the club itself could easily have been swapped out for any other.

croadyman

This smacks of a Woodward signing to me. No thanks.
A Dandy Dan that can't score 20 per season even in the French League, and very rarely even plays more than 20 league games per season either. No thanks, again.
Smacks of Qatari signing

jackal&hyde

He doesn't. He just plays more. If you compare the two per 90 minutes, you'll see that KdB creates more.
Even so, I'm not saying one is better then the other but you have to take in to account that if Bruno does not make something happen, little chance others do. KDB has for good reason a lot more trust in his team mates and IMO this is in large part the reason why Bruno looks to force things so often. If you put Kevin in our team I'm sure we will see similar things. You replace Fred with Mount, Weghorst with Kane, a more in form Sancho or a more settled Antony and Bruno will look better IMO in terms of making the simple pass more often.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can anyone fill me in what his relationship with Poch was at PSG? Expecting a full dissertation here @Amadaeus ;)

Wouldn't shock me at all if he ended up at Chelsea later in the summer window on a loan deal. Think Boehly was pretty keen last summer but Tuchel didn't want him.

Perhaps Lukaku ends up at PSG in a sort of swop?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Can anyone fill me in what his relationship with Poch was at PSG? Expecting a full dissertation here @Amadaeus ;)

Wouldn't shock me at all if he ended up at Chelsea later in the summer window on a loan deal. Think Boehly was pretty keen last summer but Tuchel didn't want him.

Perhaps Lukaku ends up at PSG in a sort of swop?
No place at all in our squad for another wide attacker, never mind one who is over 30 and has no reason to be motivated anymore. We need to be selling 3 wide players (Ziyech, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi) not adding any.

Mudryk, Madueke, Sterling, and Nkunku is plenty in a season with no Europe.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No place at all in our squad for another wide attacker, never mind one who is over 30 and has no reason to be motivated anymore. We need to be selling 3 wide players (Ziyech, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi) not adding any.

Who's the number 9 in that list, Nkunku?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

@FootballHQ

I don't believe Pochettino and Neymar are very close. I believe they just have mutual respect for each other and nothing more. Neymar hasnt said anything bad about Pochettino and Pochettino hasnt said anything bad about neymar. In fact, Pochettino stated that , It is easy to coach Neymar because you don't need to do too much." "He is very open to work and very humble, and also listens and accepts all the instructions in a very good way.

@Orc i understand why you think that. And I do agree. Chelsea need a ram more than they need another lam. Neymar will be a luxury signing. However, I believe there is a place in your squad for neymar. Madueke is the only right attacker you have and if neymar comes in, he can give you more quality option in the attack.

Madueke/Sterling - Nkunku - Neymar/mudryuk
--------?????---------
Without neymar or another attacker you are very thin upfront. Especially with havertz, pulsic, ziyech, mount and maybe even gallaghar all leaving the club

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
@FootballHQ

I don't believe Pochettino and Neymar are very close. I believe they just have mutual respect for each other and nothing more. Neymar hasnt said anything bad about Pochettino and Pochettino hasnt said anything bad about neymar. In fact, Pochettino stated that , It is easy to coach Neymar because you don't need to do too much." "He is very open to work and very humble, and also listens and accepts all the instructions in a very good way.

@Orc i understand why you think that. And I do agree. Chelsea need a ram more than they need another lam. Neymar will be a luxury signing. However, I believe there is a place in your squad for neymar. Madueke is the only right attacker you have and if neymar comes in, he can give you more quality option in the attack.

Madueke/Sterling - Nkunku - Neymar/mudryuk
--------?????---------
Without neymar or another attacker you are very thin upfront. Especially with havertz, pulsic, ziyech, mount and maybe even gallaghar all leaving the club
If (and that’s a huge IF) the club decide to target another attacking mid it should be someone young and hungry that Poch can develop and improve. Not Neymar. Nkunku’s now former teammate Szoboslai for example.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
If (and that’s a huge IF) the club decide to target another attacking mid it should be someone young and hungry that Poch can develop and improve. Not Neymar. Nkunku’s now former teammate Szoboslai for example.
Don't you already have two young players in madueke and mudryuk? And the striker you have been rumored to be after are young attackers below the age of 24. I believe neymar experience will actually help guide some of the young attackers you already have in your attack. I am just providing an argument to why neymar would work at Chelsea. I believe what you actually need is someone like raphinha or keep mount. If Pochettino wants to play his 4 2 3 1 system. I don't understand why Bohley isn't giving mount a better contract. Mount/madueke on the right, Nkunku as the supporting striker and sterling/mudryuk as the lam seems more balanced. Another option could be the striker being someone like vlahovic, and then you have that left footed attack. Vlahovic can then alternate the rf position in a front three with Nkunku, with James playing as a rm/rw to offset the structural imbalance of playing Nkunku as the right attack since his preference is left or down the middle
-----------------------ugarte/caicedo
James ---- Caicedo/Ugarte - Enzo - chilwell
-------nkunku(rf/st) --------Sterling
--------------------vlahovic(st/rf)

croadyman

Maybe this is the LW we want,yes I know it sounds an absolutely mental theory

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Maybe this is the LW we want,yes I know it sounds an absolutely mental theory
Could be and wouldn't exactly be the worst? 1 year loan, we know he has injury issues but Garnacho can learn off him and rotate there and get plenty of time, rashford can rotate with Hojlund and they would all get plenty of time. Neymar can also play as the 10. We'd have an attacking group of:
Neymar, Rashford, Antony, Garnacho, Hojlund, Sancho or Amad if Sancho leaves... Would be a very healthy group.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I’d rather have weghorst as our number 1 striker next season then have this clown at United. We’ve only just gotten rid of the Pogba and then Ronaldo sh*tshows, why would we bring another into the fold? Have some of you learned nothing?

What are people thinking, ETH has already begun the process of draining the swamp and getting the drama players from the squad, why would he want to take a chance on one of the top drama queens of football who has chilling out in a piss easy league and never actually played in the EPL.

He’s the exact opposite kind of character ETH would be looking for IMO.
I don’t think you’ve ever watched Neymar to be fair. He’s not the lazy Show pony that you think he is.

I really don’t get it. How can you arch Neymar and think ‘wouldn’t like to watch him play for my club’.

I assume you’d have passed on Ronaldinho too?

marktan

If we can keep him doped up with Barca/City style injections to keep him fit and bring him lots of women / sister parties to Manchester I think he could be great for us.

Eddy_JukeZ

If we somehow get him in, I think he's much better centrally now than out wide. Rather have Rashford's pace out wide.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don’t doubt that some will but you’ll be surprised how many people turn blind eye to the hypocrisy

dinostar77

People turning nose up at him is mental
Yep, especially since of we did get him (caveat glazers sell up and new owners buy him), he'd play up top like he does for brasil at no9. He'd score 30 goals no problem and win a shed load of freekicks and penalties.

Marcelinho87

De bruyne is comfortably better than Bruno. Bruno has at least 2 horrible giveaways a game. De bruyne is faster and stronger and a better dribbler and better at long shots.
KDB is 31, on the caf he'd be considered replaceable and in need of walking sticks.

Casemiro gets it about his age relentlessly, especially if not giving a 10/10.

mshnsh

De bruyne is comfortably better than Bruno. Bruno has at least 2 horrible giveaways a game. De bruyne is faster and stronger and a better dribbler and better at long shots.
Bruno is overrated by most United fans. As is Rashford. Imo they are good footballers and probably our best attacking players but not as good as some fans will have you believe.

Amongst active footballers Neymar's talent is second only to Messi. If he gets the right manager and avoid injuries, he can be a real asset for any team.

croadyman

He could certainly create plenty for a green striker like Hojlund,just a matter of him being clinical enough to take the chances

Status
Not open for further replies.