Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
We've spent a season watching Sancho and Antony underperform, Martial barely playing and Weghorst not being able to hit a barn door wit a banjo, and people don't want Neymar on a loan deal.

You can't make this shit up. Give me Neymar over that shit show any day.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We've spent a season watching Sancho and Antony underperform, Martial barely playing and Weghorst not being able to hit a barn door wit a banjo, and people don't want Neymar on a loan deal.

We have only one player in whole team who actually can beat a player (Rashy) but we don't want maybe best dribbler in the world. Makes sense

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’d take him easily. We might not catch City for awhile so why not have some fun? For a team that lacks creativity and goals, we can’t be turning down players like Neymar

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Seen posts like this before. Falcao, Ibra, Cavani, Ronaldo. You can’t make this shit up that people would actually want Neymar.

Surely we should be changing tact and trying to build a young, hungry team for sustainable success? But no, let’s sign the biggest injury prone mercenary out there on a short term deal because he sells shirts. Talk about never learning our lesson.

I Am Zlatan

Seen posts like this before. Falcao, Ibra, Cavani, Ronaldo. You can’t make this shit up that people would actually want Neymar.

Surely we should be changing tact and trying to build a young, hungry team for sustainable success? But no, let’s sign the biggest injury prone mercenary out there on a short term deal because he sells shirts. Talk about never learning our lesson.
I agree with your post overall but you can’t include Ibra in that list…

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I agree with your post overall but you can’t include Ibra in that list…
Yeah I mean he was good, so were Ronaldo and Cavani. I imagine Neymar would show his quality. Ibra was a short term signing who lasted a season though, my point is that we need to build for the long term

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Buying another 30y old midfielder would be wrong move because our midfield is old(ish). But we have 5 wingers where oldest winger is Rashford who is 25.
We can add there "older" player.

TsuWave

Just going of your last paragraph… who els do we have other then rashford, sancho and garnacho for LW? I’d say rashford and garnacho press to a certain extent. As for Neymar having 18 goals and 17 assist. I think Rashford would easily get that in that league to be fair. I’m not saying this would be a bad signing I’m just saying I don’t think it would work in my opinion and most of the people who are all for it will be the first to moan about him when he’s always injured/diving, has bad form etc.
The manager is on record saying Garnacho lacks when it comes to pressing and needs to work on his defensive side:

"Also sometimes he lacks defensive transition and pressing. He has to step up, when you are going into an action or keep the ball, so decisions. But when you see all over he is a huge talent and he is brave."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65585050
These are Neymar's and Rashford's defensive actions per 90 minutes:

Neymar's pressing vs others:

In terms of his creativity - mentioning Rashford in the same sentence is honestly insulting, and I love Rashford. If you think he would get 35 G/A in France, fair enough, it's possible, but it's not as if Neymar has been one of the most creative players in the world for over a decade now, right?

Neymar has a weird, unjustified, and non reflective of reality reputation on Redcafe for some reason. People try to act as if he doesn't press or if players that clearly do not do more defensive work than him are better than him at it, all the while being dismissive of how he dwarfs them in all attacking/creative stats.

Again, curious stuff.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Kane, Neymar, Kim, Mount, Rabiot.....every rumour is that we ARE in talks already. How when we don't have a new owner? Why would Glazers allow Murtough to go in any transfer talks?

Rolaholic

Kane, Neymar, Kim, Mount, Rabiot.....every rumour is that we ARE in talks already. How when we don't have a new owner? Why would Glazers allow Murtough to go in any transfer talks?
If you were to believe the latest ownership rumors, they have it that it's already been agreed and that they're already working on our summer plans.

Hard to know what to believe yet :lol:, I won't believe anything until we get official word but the rumors have been interesting.

Dazzmondo

ETH's reaction to the question about Neymar concerns me a bit. He didn't deny it. I really don't think we could afford to have Neymar's wages on the books even if it was a crazy low transfer fee. Where would he even play? Would need to be on the right I guess, or else Bruno would need to move out right.

Manncunian

ETH's reaction to the question about Neymar concerns me a bit. He didn't deny it. I really don't think we could afford to have Neymar's wages on the books even if it was a crazy low transfer fee. Where would he even play? Would need to be on the right I guess, or else Bruno would need to move out right.
Let the finance people worry about the funding for this. So putting that aside; this would be an incredible move.

Stadjer

The manager is on record saying Garnacho lacks when it comes to pressing and needs to work on his defensive side:

In terms of his creativity - mentioning Rashford in the same sentence is honestly insulting, and I love Rashford. If you think he would get 35 G/A in France, fair enough, it's possible, but it's not as if Neymar has been one of the most creative players in the world for over a decade now, right?

Neymar has a weird, unjustified, and non reflective of reality reputation on Redcafe for some reason. People try to act as if he doesn't press or if players that clearly do not do more defensive work than him are better than him at it, all the while being dismissive of how he dwarfs them in all attacking/creative stats.

Again, curious stuff.
I doubt most people who comment on Neymar actually watch him play. They watched him roll around at the World Cup and dislike him as player because of that. Disliked player so all the negative things posted about Neymar must be true.

The only concern i have about Neymar is his injury record. He would make Premier League defenders look like clowns and they will kick him because of it. Referees will apply ''English rules'' where a flair player is allowed to be kicked for doing tricks and Neymar will be out injured for a lot of time.

Dominos

Martial, Antony and Weghorst have nothing to do with Neymar though do they.

Neymar plays in Rashford and Garnacho's best position, or Bruno's best position.

The last 10 years seem to have taught us nothing about making big name signings for the sake of it.

Dazzmondo

I'm guessing both potential buyers will have been informed about our prospective targets and budget and given the go-ahead. We can't realistically just let our summer come to a standstill while this takeover is ongoing. In reality transfer talks get underway well before the end of the season. We actually seem to have prepared quite well going into this summer even if not all of the signings are ones I'm particularly thrilled about. There have been consistent links with the likes of Frimpong, Kane, Mount and Kim for a while now.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

Exactly this! No brainer for me!

Manncunian

Yes because they've done such a wonderful job with that for the last 10 years...
Where have we created issues with affordability? Name specific examples.

Overpaying for players is something else entirely. That would be unwise spending. But it’s not spending beyond our means. We’ve been able to afford them, regardless of if they were worth what we paid for them, so I don’t understand your concerns of being able to afford his wages.

Dazzmondo

You'd hope ETH would already know that because anyone who has watched Neymar does know that's what you get from him.

Ronaldo was very obviously at the end of his career and a camped in the box and wait for service kind of player when we signed him. Neymar, before his injury and the WC, was a top 3 player in the world just this past season. We're a team that struggles to score goals and this is a guy who creates them with ease and also scores a fair bit.
I mean Neymar is definitely past his best too. The injuries have definitely taken their toll. He's still incredibly talented obviously but I think the Ronaldo comparison is definitely a fair one. Ronaldo was still delivering plenty of goals when we signed him. If anything there are more warning signs with Neymar because you can be guaranteed that he's going to miss a significant amount of the season whereas Ronaldo had a great injury record.

Also I think calling Neymar one of the 3 best players in the world prior to the World Cup is a real stretch. There were definitely more than 2 players in the world that were better than Neymar prior to the World Cup. Remember he's playing in a league where his team have far stronger players than the other teams. It's normal that a player of his ability will stand out. In Europe and at the World Cup he didn't stand out the way you'd expect one of the 3 best players in the world to. He's probably top 10 but when you consider his crazy wages, his crazy injury record, the fact that his best positions are already occupied by 2 of our best players, and the fact that we have other positions desperately in need of investment, this doesn't make any sense whatsoever imo.

Last edited:

Siorac

KDB has been a superstar for years.
City signed him from fecking Wolfsburg! In no universe was Kevin de Bruyne a superstar before joining City.

(he or Haaland also has very little to do with Neymar)

wangyu

I would feel very proud as a man utd fan that a player of the calibre of Neymar wants to play for man utd. He is a wonderful entertainer and dribbler and he would be able to get the crowd going with his magnificent technique. He would undoubtedly be our most exciting player since the young Ronaldo and Rooney days.
But I don’t believe it man united usually isn’t able of buying players of this magnitude.

Dazzmondo

City signed him from fecking Wolfsburg! In no universe was Kevin de Bruyne a superstar before joining City.

Just checked, Neymar gets nearly £1m per week! That is never going to end well. Other players will start asking for much higher wages (most of them are already on way too much) and there'll definitely be jealousy that a player who's going to miss half the season will be getting more than 5x the wage most of them are on. Leads to disharmony. All the things people criticise PSG for, we'd be bringing here with this sort of a move (unless Neymar magically agrees to slash his wages in half or something).

TsuWave

:confused: and at which point in the post you quoted - or any post I’ve made in this thread - did I say KDB was a superstar before joining City?

(the point made is that being a superstar doesn’t inherently mean you lose/lost your hunger)

Siorac

:confused: and at which point in the post you quoted did I say KDB was a superstar before joining City?

(the point made is that being a superstar doesn’t inherently mean you lose/lost your hunger)
Well the post you replied to claimed that he was turned into a superstar at City. In other words, he wasn't signed as an established 31-year-old global star.

TsuWave

Well the post you replied to claimed that he was turned into a superstar at City. In other words, he wasn't signed as an established 31-year-old global star.
:confused: again, what does that have to do with any of the assertions I’ve made and points I’ve tried to get across?

I stated that being a superstar doesn’t mean you inherently lose your hunger, and referenced superstars at City lifting title after title - I could have referenced Real or any other big club - KDB has been a superstar for years, it’s true. At no point did I enter a conversation of “such and such was a/became a superstar when” even if the poster I replied to attempted such.

adding qualifiers such as “he wasn’t signed as a 31year old global superstar” doesn’t negate my assertion that being a superstar doesn’t mean you inherently lose/lost your hunger

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Again, curious stuff.
You should have used Mané. Neymar has consistently been around or above Mané defensively but Mané is hard working while Neymar is lazy.

the_cliff

Current Neymar is better than all of those players at the points we signed them.

And it's not even close.

One season of you guys watching Neymar play for us regularly and he'll be top 5 to ever put the shirt on. Easy money.

Eddy_JukeZ

The Ronaldo comparisons make no sense.

Neymar's a much better player than Ronaldo when we signed him. Neymar's also got an ego obviously, but it pales in comparison to Ronaldo.

He was incredible last season, before he picked up an injury. His injury woes are a giant concern, especially because the refs here probably won't protect him when he gets kicked around constantly.

But as a loan move? There's too much upside here.

Dazzmondo

The Ronaldo comparisons make no sense.

Neymar's a much better player than Ronaldo when we signed him. Neymar's also got an ego obviously, but it pales in comparison to Ronaldo.

He was incredible last season, before he picked up an injury. His injury woes are a giant concern, especially because the refs here probably won't protect him when he gets kicked around constantly.

But as a loan move? There's too much upside here.
Has it been confirmed it's a loan?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Current Neymar is better than all of those players at the points we signed them.

And it's not even close.

One season of you guys watching Neymar play for us regularly and he'll be top 5 to ever put the shirt on. Easy money.
Ibrahimovic had 38G/13A in 32 games the year he signed for us. He was better then than Neymar is now and available far more often. Not sure how you would dispute that.

Son

This deal makes sense despite his injury record. We currently only have Rashford who’s got end product.

We need attackers who deliver when fit. Sancho, Martial, Weghorst and Antony don’t deliver even when they are fit.

Neymar will bring publicity and sponsorships and will be on a low transfer fee. You just do the deal if possible.

Despite his problems in the past ego is fine with Neymar. Brazil have never suffered and Barcelona he loved it there. Money talks though hence the PSG move.

Status
Not open for further replies.