Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How on earth PSG loaning him to us while paying some of his wages makes any sense from PSG point of view? Or even Neymar's, why would he come here for the same money?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Neymar has always done well at every single club he has ever played for. He has consistently been one of the top 10 attacking players on the planet each season.

His merchandise sales and publicity pay for himself. He’s a superstar.

He is so beyond what players like Sancho and martial will ever become as a footballer both on and off the pitch.

Ten Hag would love to call on Neymar in his squad. Every single manager on the planet would, that’s a fact. .

Players like him are made for playing for great clubs like Manchester United. You need arrogance yes.

Most importantly our attack is barely mid table standard right now.

Beckham, Giggs, Keane, Rooney, Ronaldo etc all had a circus round them. They all did okay for us.
He's played for Barca and PSG in Europe. Hardly had it tough.

The PL is a different animal and we aren't the top dogs anymore.

Don't want him. Don't need him.

BuzzKillington

From the Guardian article with EtH:

Reports have linked Paris Saint-Germain’s Neymar with a close-season move to United. Ten Hag said: “When we have news we will tell you.”

Does that mean he’s interested or is he saying it’s press guff :nervous:

dinostar77

He's literally been injured :lol:

You people can't seriously think a player would miss a CL tie for a birthday party right?
How many games has Neymar missed on his sister's birthday?
Below is Neymar's timeline since 'the curse' arrived:

• 2013/14 - Neymar was an unused substitute for Barcelona on March 16 during his year at Barcelona.
  • 2014/15 - Picked up a yellow card which led to a suspension on March 8.
  • 2015/16 - Ruled out with a suspension returning on March 12.
  • 2016/17 - Unavailable for a match on March 12 due to a muscular injury.
  • 2017/18 - Neymar missed the remainder of the season from February having suffered a metatarsal fracture.
  • 2018/19 - The Brazilian star was ruled out again for the same issue as the previous year but only the whole of February and March this time.
  • 2019/20 - Surprisingly played and scored on March 11 in a 2-0 win over Dortmund in a Champions League tie.
  • 2020/21 - Missed a Ligue 1 fixture on March 13 with having sustained a muscular injury in the game prior.
  • 2022/23 - Missed PSG's 2-1 win at Brest on March 12, after injuring his ankle ligaments in a nasty tackle following PSG's 4-3 win over Lille. That injury ruled him out for the remainder of the season.

dinostar77

Correct me if I am wrong, doesnt he usualy break a bone or something? Sure he has missed 1 or 2 season but I think more times than not he tends to be out for months not just a week. He has been out for months this year, you cant surely believe a team paying him 1m a week is going to sign off on him missing months worth of football to party.

• 2013/14 - Neymar was an unused substitute for Barcelona on March 16 during his year at Barcelona.
  • 2017/18 - Neymar missed the remainder of the season from February having suffered a metatarsal fracture.
  • 2018/19 - The Brazilian star was ruled out again for the same issue as the previous year but only the whole of February and March this time.
  • 2019/20 - Surprisingly played and scored on March 11 in a 2-0 win over Dortmund in a Champions League tie.
  • 2020/21 - Missed a Ligue 1 fixture on March 13 with having sustained a muscular injury in the game prior.
  • 2022/23 - Missed PSG's 2-1 win at Brest on March 12, after injuring his ankle ligaments in a nasty tackle following PSG's 4-3 win over Lille. That injury ruled him out for the remainder of the season.

antk

This has already been posted and is still brazenly stupid in the context of Neymar missing the CL. He played both RO16 CL matches in 2015, 2016, 2017 (the latter being the PSG remontada where he was by far the best player on the pitch).

He's missed 4 RO16 CL ties for Paris since then, and as stated by your own source two of them were for fractures and the latest one for an ankle surgery, all of which took him out for multiple months.

This is nothing more than a meme and it's mesmerizing how so many on this forum lack any critical thinking (would a football player really miss critical CL games for stupid reasons?) or basic fact checking skills.

Maybe it's time to pause and think for a bit when you're about to post Sun articles quotes.

Eddy_JukeZ

You're literally posting him getting injuries and missing the games

Come on man :lol:

dinostar77

You're literally posting him getting injuries and missing the games

Come on man :lol:
Its all abit of fun. I want to see him in PL. Even if it isnt us. Such a polarising player. A stint in PL would be good for his image and reputation.

Lynty

I love Neymar. He plays football how it is meant to be played.

Cant see it happening but I can’t deny that I would be buzzing if he signed, regardless of common sense telling me we should have prioritised other players.

BarstoolProphet

This is lazy journalism, Neymar is the opposite of what Ten Hag like in his players.

When has Neymar pressed hard with his team? Bad attitude and now injury prone.
Contrary to popular beliefs, Neymar is actually a team player on the pitch and has pretty good workrate. He's not a diva and selfish at all. His problem is that injuries has affected his stamina levels so that he struggles to complete 90 mins of full speed action. His diving and demeanor is what makes him unlikeable not how he plays. Pretty sure EtH would enjoy working with Neymar if he really wants to play for us.

AlexUTD

Contrary to popular beliefs, Neymar is actually a team player on the pitch and has pretty good workrate. He's not a diva and selfish at all. His problem is that injuries has affected his stamina levels so that he struggles to complete 90 mins of full speed action. His diving and demeanor is what makes him unlikeable not how he plays. Pretty sure EtH would enjoy working with Neymar if he really wants to play for us.

So beeing "injured" every year when his sister have her birthday to travel to Brazil and celebrate even if his team has games is not diva attitude?

Good brother but not so good employee.

BarstoolProphet

So beeing "injured" every year when his sister have her birthday to travel to Brazil and celebrate even if his team has games is not diva attitude?

I think this is a pretty good example of someone telling the rest of the world that they actually haven't bothered to follow Neymar at all. It started as a bit of a joke but now even him sustaining serious ankle injuries (unlike Bruno he is actually getting kicked all over the place) is now seen as him faking it to travel to Brazil instead.

antk

Crazy not to be able to read literally 5 posts above yours.

AlexUTD

I think this is a pretty good example of someone telling the rest of the world that they actually haven't bothered to follow Neymar at all. It started as a bit of a joke but now even him sustaining serious ankle injuries (unlike Bruno he is actually getting kicked all over the place) is now seen as him faking it to travel to Brazil instead.
Crazy not to be able to read literally 5 posts above yours.
Ok guess i was wrong. Maybe i have been alittle bias :wenger: :angel:

I will do some more researching with Neymar.

That is what i like about Redcafe, i learn alot from other members,thanks.

Siorac

If we had a guarantee he'd play 40-45 games for us next season on a loan, it'd be the best bit of business we could do in years.
But the last time he played more than 31 games in all competitions in a single season was in 16/17. It looks more likely he'd be guaranteed to miss half the season.

Dazzmondo

That was the initial report.

I just fail to see any downside if it's a loan move with PSG covering some of the wages too.

I see people continuing the myth that Neymar is lazy, but they ignore all the posts here with data that destroys that myth.
I'd be more open to a loan than a permanent move. For what it's worth I haven't said Neymar is lazy. My concerns are with his high wage and his injury record

Son

He's played for Barca and PSG in Europe. Hardly had it tough.

The PL is a different animal and we aren't the top dogs anymore.

Don't want him. Don't need him.
Wow… Premier League is apparently harder than starring in a treble winning Barcelona team.

Think we both know it’s not easy to play for Barcelona or have ridiculous stats for both goals and assists per game at PSG. You need world class quality to do either.

Typing this I just saw Sancho do one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen from a United player. Gets in the box slows right down and misses an easy pass.

You think Neymar won’t do better?

Edit: Sancho then got a pass right in the box. Woohoo :D:lol:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Wow… Premier League is apparently harder than starring in a treble winning Barcelona team.

Think we both know it’s not easy to play for Barcelona or have ridiculous stats for both goals and assists per game at PSG. You need world class quality to do either.

Typing this I just saw Sancho do one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen from a United player. Gets in the box slows right down and misses an easy pass.

You think Neymar won’t do better?

Edit: Sancho then got a pass right in the box. Woohoo :D:lol:
I don't think we should be signing a 31 year old with injury issues who is earning like 500k a week.

Stick to FIFA mate.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
This is lazy journalism, Neymar is the opposite of what Ten Hag like in his players.

When has Neymar pressed hard with his team? Bad attitude and now injury prone.
I agree it’s probably lazy journalism but players of Neymar’s quality don’t need to fit a managers squad playing style.

It’s like Pep worrying of Haaland is “press resistant” or tracking back or whatever

croadyman

I agree it’s probably lazy journalism but players of Neymar’s quality don’t need to fit a managers squad playing style.

It’s like Pep worrying of Haaland is “press resistant” or tracking back or whatever
Like I have said plenty of times he is a fantastic player,however we have so many more pressing issues in this team. Only works as a loan with option to buy but wages will be huge

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Like I have said plenty of times he is a fantastic player,however we have so many more pressing issues in this team. Only works as a loan with option to buy but wages will be huge
Pressing issues indeed but a player of Neymars quality changes the whole face of your attacking outlet. It makes your pressing issues less prominent really.

A fully functioning Neymar in our attack and that makes life for the rest of the team much much easier

But yeah it worn happen. There are risks involved for all parties here

croadyman

Pressing issues indeed but a player of Neymars quality changes the whole face of your attacking outlet. It makes your pressing issues less prominent really.

A fully functioning Neymar in our attack and that makes life for the rest of the team much much easier

But yeah it worn happen. There are risks involved for all parties here
Yeah academic because won't sign him

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
But the last time he played more than 31 games in all competitions in a single season was in 16/17. It looks more likely he'd be guaranteed to miss half the season.
Never have a "full" season in the past 6 years, thats quite worrying.

LuckyScout78

I am not against it but would have to be purely on the loan with option to buy
I consider Neymar for the nr.10 role or CF role. Not left winger. United are full of LW there.

Kane and another young and not expensive CF for me. I vote for that. Easily

Kane + Gimenez from Feyernord or Ferguson from Brighton is the way to go

Rolaholic

Last edited:

city-puma

We just got rid of Ronaldo. It’s funny people even entertain such a ridiculous idea.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Imagine if we sign Neymar, Kane, Mount, Rice and Frimpong this summer.

How are we going to line up though?

De Gea
Frimpong Varane Martinez Shaw
Casemiro Rice
Bruno Neymar Rashford
Kane

Sub: Mount, Antony, Garnacho, Eriksen, Dalot, Lindelof, GK

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
We just got rid of Ronaldo. It’s funny people even entertain such a ridiculous idea.
Why is it so ridiculous? I doubt it'll happen and TBH I don't think it would be a good idea but there are some scenario's where it could make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.