Nfl 2009-2010

muller

Yes, yes. I know its early for this thread, but I wanted to talk about all things post Superbowl.

The New England Patriots placed a non-exclusive franchise tag on Matt Cassel on Thursday, making it tougher for other teams to sign the free-agent quarterback.

The Patriots might keep Cassel if they have doubts that Tom Brady will be ready for the start of next season after he sustained a serious knee injury in the 2008 opener. If they're confident Brady will be ready, they could trade Cassel rather than pay him the $14.65 million brought by the franchise tag in 2009.

The franchise tag's value is the average of the top-five salaries for NFL players at a particular position.

Cassel had a breakout season in 2008, starting 15 games after starting none the seven previous seasons -- four with USC as backup to Heisman Trophy winners Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart, and three after being taken by New England in the seventh round of the 2005 draft.
I personally think the Patriots will trade him at some point in pre-season as long a Bradys knee is healing and working well.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
"Matt has been a pleasure to coach his entire career and last season in particular, when his years of hard work and commitment resulted in a most impressive performance," said Belichick. "We look forward to working with Matt again in 2009."

I do not read too much into the last line of what he said, I expect him to be traded at some point if Brady continues on the path he is on. Was not surprised it was done, I thought it was going to happen from around the Rams game onwards. However, I was quite surprised that it was done on the very first day the tag could be assigned, it has not been that way in the past:

Adam Vinatieri (2002) -- Designated franchise player on Feb. 21, 2002 (deadline day). Franchise designation removed on March 15, 2002 when he signed a multi-year contract.

Tebucky Jones (2003) -- Designated franchise player on Feb. 20, 2003 (deadline day). Traded to New Orleans on April 14, 2003.

Adam Vinatieri (2005) -- Designated franchise player on Feb. 22, 2005 (deadline day). Played the 2005 season under a 1-year franchise player contract.

Asante Samuel (2007) -- Designated franchise player on Feb. 16, 2007 (deadline was Feb. 22, 2007). Played the 2007 season under a 1-year franchise player contract.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Coulda waited until AFTER the pro bowl... because it is soooo important.

Funny fact here, Tom Brady finished 7th in AFC Pro Bowl voting, who he was ahead i'm not sure of but I just saw it on www.boston.com

He actually isn't too far from being a replacment on the team in the wake of injuries and such.

Alex

Brady wouldnt go to the Pro Bowl as a replacement, he isnt fit, the games a bit of a joke, it's a nice vacation though. Aloha Stadium is a shit hole, but hell it's in paradise

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Favre plans to retire -- again

Without the tearful public ceremony that accompanied his retirement announcement from the Green Bay Packers just 11 months ago, quarterback Brett Favre has instructed agent Bus Cook to inform the New York Jets Wednesday that he plans to retire.

In an e-mail to ESPN's Ed Werder, Favre indicated he had no regrets about finishing his career with the Jets rather than with the Green Bay Packers franchise he represented for his previous 16 NFL seasons. He specifically praised Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum, team owner Woody Johnson and fired coach Eric Mangini -- and even mentioned Thomas Jones and Kerry Rhodes, both of whom were publicly critical of Favre after the team's collapse in the final month of the season prevented the Jets from making the playoffs.

"Mike and Woody, as well as the entire organization, have been nothing short of outstanding,'' Favre said in the e-mail. "My teammates -- Thomas and Kerry included -- were a pleasure to play with. Eric [Mangini] could not have been any better. I enjoyed playing for him. My time with the Jets was short, but I'm honored to be given that chance.''

The Jets did not have an immediate comment. A Jets official said Tuesday night that no definite word had come from Favre yet but added, "that can change any minute."

The Jets already have begun discussing their options at quarterback and spent a good portion of Tuesday studying the 2009 class of draft-eligible college quarterbacks. The team is unconvinced that Kellen Clemens, a former second-rounder, is capable of being Favre's replacement. There also appears to be a conviction to seek a quarterback with significant arm strength to play through the challenges of windy, cold-weather climate that often is a factor in Jets games.

While Favre did not directly broach the subject of the team simply releasing him so that he might have the option of signing with another team such as the Minnesota Vikings, a source said that Cook informally discussed the option with the Jets. The Jets respectfully declined that option, the source said.

Favre's retirement will save the Jets his $13 million salary in salary cap space. The Jets are in one of the worst salary-cap situtations in the NFL.

The retirement decision should not have surprised the Jets even though the team had publicly encouraged Favre to play another season. Favre informed Tannenbaum before the Super Bowl that he was leaning toward retirement. At some point within the past week, Favre told Cook to inform the Jets that he wanted to retire without fanfare and that the team could make the decision public at its convenience.

In what appears to be his final NFL season, Favre threw 22 touchdown passes and an NFL-high 22 interceptions while leading the Jets to a 9-7 record -- a five-game improvement over their previous season without him.

A week after the Jets' season ended without a playoff berth, Favre hinted to Werder during a telephone interview that he would probably retire because he lacked the motivation necessary to continue playing and felt prepared for life after football. "I have the ability to turn it off just like that,'' he said. "I don't feel I have anything else to prove. Do I have to redeem myself for the last five games? No. I could be trying to do that until I'm 60 years old. There is nothing left out there for me from that standpoint. I'm disappointed with the last five games, sure, but I know I did everything I could have.

"I didn't play as well down the stretch. It was probably a little bit of everything. It's hard for me, but I have to say I gave out down the stretch.''

In that same conversation, Favre conceded that he had an abundance of motivation to play for the Jets at the beginning of last season, most of it inspired by the spite he maintained for Packers GM Ted Thompson for trading him from Green Bay to New York. Favre felt Thompson had taken Favre's team from him, believed it had become personal, described the Packers as dishonest and concluded that the most accomplished quarterback in history had been exiled to the Jets precisely because it was something of a football purgatory, where no championships had been won in the four decades since Joe Namath.

"They sent me to New York because they didn't play the Jets, they were 4-12, so they didn't have to play me, they knew we had very little chance of making the playoffs and they knew it was not likely that we'd have a better year than they did,'' Favre told Werder. "I was aware of all of that and more than up to the challenge because they felt they were shipping me off to Siberia and they'd never hear from me again. So was I coming back to play because I loved the game or to prove them wrong? Probably a little bit of both.

"Maybe initially I came back for the wrong reasons,'' Favre says now. "It was like, "OK, they don't want me to play, then I'll play somewhere else and show them I can still play.''

He knew there would be comparisons between his statistics and those of the quarterback who replaced him in Green Bay, Aaron Rodgers, the very first player Thompson drafted when he took over the Packers' front office. Favre admits that his family and friends were consumed with keeping him informed about how his numbers measured against those of Rogers and constantly urged him to throw more touchdown passes than his replacement. Favre admits to virtually no interest in that kind of intramural competition. But he was devout in doing whatever he could to ensure that the Jets accomplished more than the Packers.

"The only thing I worried about was winning,'' he said. "There was a time in my career where I paid more attention to individual stats, but in the last couple of years the most important thing was winning and losing. In the end, that's what matters most. Was I pissed at Green Bay? Sure. But I wasn't pissed at their players. I did keep up with the wins and losses. Sure, it was hard not to do that. I didn't wish them bad, but I wished us better.''

Accomplishing that goal seemed unlikely. Removed from a Packers team that finished 13-3, Favre inherited a 4-12 Jets team.

Favre admitted the transition was difficult. There were moments of extreme doubt that threatened to become actual regret, when Favre admits he wondered if he had made a terrible mistake. "Numerous times,'' he said. "Traveling was much more difficult. Nothing was easy in the whole transition, except for dealing with the guys on the team; that was the easy part, and I thought that would be the hard part. But let me tell you: when we rolled into the house the Tuesday morning after that San Diego game, I thought to myself, "What in the hell?''

In the third week of the season, Favre threw three touchdown passes, was intercepted twice and suffered a sprained left ankle in a 48-29 loss on Monday Night Football to the Chargers.

But Favre persevered. He became more comfortable, played more confidently, accomplished feats not even he had experienced. He threw six touchdown passes in a single game against the Arizona Cardinals.

The next week, the Jets took over sole possession of first place from the defending AFC champion New England Patriots. Favre orchestrated the unimaginable 34-31 triumph, leading consecutive scoring drives on the last possession of regulation and the first of overtime. He admitted afterward that nobody in the building was more nervous and says these were the moments that brought him out of retirement.

The next week would prove just as monumental. There was Favre was throwing touchdown passes and celebrating joyously as he and the Jets completed a 34-13 road upset of the Tennessee Titans, the final undefeated team in the league.

"There's not many games left for old Brett Favre, so I'm glad this one turned out the way it did,'' he said moments later.

When asked how winning a handful of big games for the Jets compared to doing the same for 16 years with the Packers, and his answer hinted at the animosity that may never leave him. "It feels great -- as good, if not better. My career in Green Bay was great. It was awesome, maybe better than awesome. Will I have a 16-year career in New York? I doubt it. But I'm going to try and lump 16 into one and see what happens.''

It doesn't get better than this, Favre thought. And, sadly, he was right. It would not get better than that moment.

"At that point, it was, Go get your Super Bowl tickets,''' Favre says. "That's what was so disappointing -- how quickly we rose, and then fell.''

After the victories in New England and Tennessee, the Jets were considered potentially the best team in the AFC and a legitimate Super Bowl contender. But the Jets failed badly in December, losing four of their final five games, and Favre's performance with an ailing right shoulder was a primary reason. In the final five games, Favre threw nine interceptions and only two touchdown passes. When the season was finished, Favre revealed he had a torn biceps tendon and that doctors had urged him to have surgery if he intended to play in 2009. He decided against both.

"It sucks getting old,'' he said. "At 40 years old, your mind tells you that you can do all the things you could in your younger years but the body doesn't cooperate. As I look back on it, I had my moments where people said, "It was the same Brett Favre, just a different uniform.''

"I'm an emotional guy, and I'm sure people are tired of seeing me get emotional,'' he explained. "People would probably say, 'Oh, here he goes again.' I think it would just be better for me to just thank the Jets, and I sincerely mean that. It was well worth what I invested. But I'm going to just quietly step away if that's what happens.''
Will wait and see but at least this is the silver lining.

Not many Jets fans regret anything, and missing the playoffs was sure fire chance based on how close the AFC was.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
So, free agency has started then. Huge $100 million plus seven year deal to Albert Haynesworth from the Redskins as well as a six-year, $54 million agreement to re-sign cornerback DeAngelo 'Fall'. Bloody stupid if you ask me, hopefully this means they will release Jason Taylor, would not mind seeing him coming off the edge for the Patriots. For the right price that is.

Pretty excited about the signing of Fred Taylor as well, he is one of my favourite runners and I was surprised the Jaguars got rid of him. He still has enough left to fit into a rotation with around 10-15 carries a game and be effective if you ask me. His vision and cutting ability should work well in the zone blocking scheme the Pats use. They are also close to deals with Chris Baker and Leigh Bodden despite having one of the smallest amounts of cap space left out of all the teams. This could obviously change down the line if Cassel is traded or other moves are made.

sidsutton

hehe, the Deadthings never learn....watch HAynesworth get fat(ter) and lazy now he's got his money...and that money for Hall is crazy after 2 average seasons.

Bart Scott to the Jets for lots of money, too. Lets see how he does without Ray Lewis...beware the Ravens LB who looks good alongside RayRay and goes elsewhere for big money...

Taylor looks a good signing, should bring some durability to the Pats. Should be interesting to see how the RB position shapes up with Maroney, Morris, Faulk and Green-Ellis(who I thought was promising) already there. Don't reallt know much about the other two players you mentioned. But a Lions CB..:nervous:

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Hehe, you should be used to this by now Sid. A long line of borderline performers from the season beforehand have been brought in for that position in recent years. Hopefully, the position and the secondary as a whole will be addressed in the draft as well. The Lions were terrible back there last year but I will naturally look on the bright side, up until he is cut like Fernando Bryant that is! The positives are that he has some size, has played in basically the same scheme under Crennel and performed well for him in 2007. Baker is a solid but not spectacular player who I have seen quite a bit for the Jets. Half decent blocking ability and hands.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Brooking and my Falcons are finally out.

Amazing the difference on play makes... he makes that tackle or is in the right position, we might have made a run at the Super Bowl... instead he lets the guy go by, First Down.

As a result, he wont get the big payday he would have got for re-signing with us.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
do you think Belichek has gone cold on Ben Watson?
One of Belichick's few weaknesses seems to be evaluating tight ends, whether it is the draft or free agency. Watson would still be number one on the depth chart in my opinion and was effective blocking last year, so I think he will see out his contract. There is no getting past the fact that he has been a disappointment though and more of a workout wonder than anything else. His poor hands will always stop him from getting the best out of his athletic ability, that was even more evident early on last year without Brady throwing him the ball. David Thomas seems the one more under threat by this move though. Ever since that silly penalty against the Colts his snaps dropped severely and he was even a healthy scratch a few times. Could be a coincidence but it’s probably not.

As a side note, Adam Schefter is reporting that Vrabel is in Kansas City undergoing a physical so that he can then be traded.

Alex

Schefter knows his shit, used to go to the same gym as I when he was at the Post

Alex

In side news Brady has married Giselle and that skinteyed Jaric got my babe Lima, feck the world

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Yes, the Denver Broncos want Jay Cutler to return for a little sit down to mend fences after the team's reported failed attempt to trade for New England quarterback Matt Cassel. Cutler won't have any of it after the two sides spoke by telephone Sunday.

"They want me to come in and talk to 'em but I'm not doing it right now; I'm going to lay low," said Cutler. "The [Broncos] deny everything. That's a problem. We know for a fact they tried to trade me."

The Broncos have denied reports of their trade talks with the Patriots, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Detroit Lions. They have characterized any dialogue as "inquiries" not initiated by the team, even though multiple sources have confirmed the Broncos' interest in Cassel, who was dealt Saturday by the Patriots to the Chiefs.

"He's not the only person in the last few days we've received calls on," new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels told the Denver Post. "We've received trade calls on a number of players, which is not uncommon this time of the year. I also think the sensitivity of the other trade that was occurring, with my relationship with New England and the whole Cassel thing, I think that stirred the pot even more."

McDaniels was the Patriots' offensive coordinator last season when he helped guide Cassel, a career backup since high school, to an 11-5 record following Tom Brady's season-ending knee injury on opening weekend.

Cutler, the 11th overall pick out of Vanderbilt in the 2006 draft, told The Denver Post he was angry that his name even came up in trade talks and said he still feels he's on the trading block -- something McDaniels denies.

"We don't want to trade Jay," McDaniels said. "We never did. He's our quarterback. We're excited about this season. And excited about what we're doing here in free agency to improve our team."

Sources say that the Bucs offered first- and fourth-round picks to the Broncos for Cutler, and that the Lions offered their second-round pick (No. 33) and possibly a future pick. The deal would have involved the Broncos getting Cassel from the Patriots.

Cutler was scheduled to return to Denver this week to continue learning the team's new playbook under McDaniels. A source close to Cutler said that the quarterback is "too stung" by the trade talks and has refused to speak with McDaniels by phone, let alone travel from his Tennessee home back to Denver.

"I'm upset. I mean, I'm really shocked at this point," Cutler told The Post. "I could see why they want Cassel. I don't know if they think I can't run the system or I don't have the skills for it. Or if they don't think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don't know what it is. I've heard I'm still on the trading block."

Team officials were in contact with his agent, Bus Cook, on Saturday and Sunday to deny their involvement and reinforce their commitment to Cutler. Cook said Cutler has every right to be upset.

"Because that's a vote of no confidence in the guy," Cook told The Associated Press on Sunday. "I don't care if you're talking about trading him for Matt Cassel, Matt Ryan or Tom Brady. That's a vote of no confidence in him, and that's how Jay sees it and I would, too.

"I don't know if they were actively seeking to trade Jay, but on the other hand, I don't know that they were turning a deaf ear to potential offers, either."

It was during their call Sunday with Cook that the Broncos tried to schedule a meeting that the quarterback isn't interested in, at the moment.

A Broncos spokesman told The AP on Sunday that neither McDaniels, newly promoted general manager Brian Xanders nor team owner Pat Bowlen would have anything else to say publicly about the matter.

The organization felt it had adequately addressed the issue by talking to The Post and didn't want to perpetuate the story, team spokesman Patrick Smyth said.

Cutler, who has three years left on his six-year deal he signed as a rookie, is by far the best player McDaniels inherited from Mike Shanahan, who had built a terrific young offense around the quarterback even while neglecting a defense that more than anything probably led to his firing.

Cutler told The Post he feels his relationship with McDaniels has "taken a few steps backward."

"I don't know if the relationship is irreconcilably broken," Cook said. "But I know that as much as he's meant to the organization and that ballclub, if there were attempts to trade him, then I think Jay Cutler is 100 percent right to be more than just a little bit miffed."

Cutler is 17-20 with no playoff appearances since supplanting Jake Plummer late in the 2006 season, and he's known for his petulant, moody personality in his dealings with teammates and the media alike.

"There's an awful lot of smoke for there not to be a fire," Cook said. "If they were in fact trying to trade Jay Cutler, then I think that's a situation that's going to cause a very serious problem for the organization.

"If they weren't, maybe he forgives and forgets. But if they were, that's going to be a very difficult situation to repair."
:lol:

Alex

What a fecking idiot McDaniels is, Cutler is gonna tell him to feck off, and righteously so. What a fecking idiot

mboRa ndomHer0723

I still can't believe the Patriots traded away Cassel for so little. Could be a good deal for KC.

muller

Me too, very suprised. Was expecting more than just a 2nd round draft pick..

Alex

Everyone knew they were gonna trade, he and Brady had a huge cap figure between them, so every one knew it was gonna have to get done a low 2nd round pick is about right imo

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Everyone knew they were gonna trade, he and Brady had a huge cap figure between them, so every one knew it was gonna have to get done a low 2nd round pick is about right imo
Well I think that's where you and me are wrong mate.

Hearing mutters through the vine that this was pre-fabricated stuff, something about a KC connection to the Patriots dynasty, and this deal was well in the works since the season was on?

If so, more BB controversy, could be worse than spygate in my opinion.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Alex is right, I am happy with a high second round pick, not sure what everyone expected. There is a certain risk that comes with Cassel and we should be able to get a good player there at a good price. The majority of the fans were calling for him to get cut after the pre season for fecks sake.

What you guys need to remember is Pioli took Cassel and his $14.6m cap without much stability. How do we know any other team would have been willing to take the hit without a contract in place? Denver and these three way rumours came in to play late on as well, an agreement was probably already in place, you don’t go back on that. Telling Pioli there was no deal and then having Denver etc and Cassel not coming to terms or working out the trade is too risky. We would have been stuck with two QBs accounting for $30 million of cap space in the end, the fact that Moss’ contract was restructured to sign Taylor and Baker shows how tight things were. The extra space has already been used to resign James Sanders and others as well.

At the end of the day they got Cassel and Vrabel (who it looks like they were going to cut) off the books, converted a seventh round pick into a second round pick and now have $18 million to spend.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Alex is right, I am happy with a high second round pick, not sure what everyone expected. There is a certain risk that’s comes with Cassel and we should be able to get a good player there at a good price. The majority of the fans were calling for him to get cut after the pre season for fecks sake.

What you guys need to remember is Pioli took Cassel and his $14.6m cap without much stability. How do we know any other team would have been willing to take the hit without a contract in place? Denver and these three way rumours came in to play late on as well, an agreement was probably already in place, you don’t go back on that. Telling Pioli there was no deal and then having Denver etc and Cassel not coming to terms or work out the trade is too risky. We would have been stuck with two QBs accounting for $30 million of cap space in the end, the fact that Moss’ contract was restructured to sign Taylor and Baker shows how tight things were. The extra space has already been used to resign James Sanders and others as well.

At the end of the day they got Cassel and Vrabel (who it looks like they were going to cut) off the books, converted a seventh round pick into a second round pick and now have $18 million to spend.
And a BB controversy :lol:

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer

Hearing mutters through the vine that this was pre-fabricated stuff, something about a KC connection to the Patriots dynasty, and this deal was well in the works since the season was on?

Eh? Don’t be ridiculous AS, there is no controversy here. The Pats were free to trade him to who they wanted. Did the relationship they have influence the process? Would Belichick have liked to put Cassel in the best position to be successful? The answer is probably so on both counts. All of the Parcells coaching trees were taught to help each other out when they can though, especially when it does not affect your team directly. If that was the case, there is nothing wrong with it.

If Detroit would have got in at the same time as Pioli, offered their late first and were willing to hand it over without a contract in place, Belichick would have took it in my opinion. If you want to talk about something ‘pre-fabricated’ look in the direction of the complicated contract Mr Snyder was able to give Fat Albert so soon after free agency started.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Eh? Don’t be ridiculous AS, there is no controversy here. The Pats were free to trade him to who they wanted. Did the relationship they have influence the process? Would Belichick have liked to put Cassel in the best position to be successful? The answer is probably so on both counts. All of the Parcell’s coaching trees were taught to help each other out when they can though, especially when it does not affect your team directly. If that was the case, there is nothing wrong with it.

If Detroit would have got in at the same time as Pioli, offered their late first and were willing to hand it over without a contract in place, Belichick would have took it in my opinion. If you want to talk about something ‘pre-fabricated’ look in the direction of the complicated contract Mr Snyder was able to give Fat Albert so soon after free agency started.
It's quite clear money was on the table, and the focus was to build the defence, no question... it opens up a slot for a good rookie to develop, and Julius Peppers who has showed interest in playing in New England. Fairplay.

BUT (And this is where the controversy comes in, and i'm not one to pour fuel on a flame but it's sketchy)

Of course, this "something friendly" would also be unethical and possibly a gross violation of NFL rules, but that's not the astounding part.

What's astounding is the notion that Bill Belichick would do anything out of friendship, or really, out of any motivation other than winning. I've always seen him as the type of guy who would insist on being the banker in Monopoly, so he could steal fake money.

The action in question is the Patriots' trading of Matt Cassel to the Kansas City Chiefs for a second-round draft pick. Why is this the source of controversy? Because everyone assumed the Patriots could get a lot more for Cassel than a lonely second-rounder, and because the guy Belichick did trade Cassel to is Scott Pioli, his old pal who helped assemble the Patriots championship teams.

The thinking is that Belichick traded Cassel to the Chiefs at a discount as a favor to his old pal Pioli. At least three people have outright accused Belichick of it, or at least hinted at it: Jay Mariotti compares the trade to Spygate and thinks Roger Goodell needs to take action, Albert Breer talks about the head-scratching going on around the league, and Tim Graham calls the trade "inexplicable."

Graham also reports, via Chris Mortensen, that the Patriots could have gotten a first-round pick, the 12th overall, for Cassel in a three-way trade that would've also involved Jay Cutler, but we'll get to that a bit later. In the meantime, here's a nutshell version of the two different ways of seeing the Cassel-to-KC deal.

1) The "This was an honest trade" side. Bill Belichick would never do anything to hurt his own cause, Cassel still had a lot to prove as a quarterback and the Patriots desperately didn't want to be on the hook to Cassel for $14 million this season, especially if they believe Tom Brady will be healthy.

2) The "Oh, this trade is stinky" side. There's Belichick's reputation as a man who, shall we say, is willing to bend the occasional rule, The Belichick/Pioli relationship, the reports that the Bucs were willing to go as high as a first-and-a-third rounder and not only did Kansas City get Cassel cheap, but the Patriots threw in Mike Vrabel as well.

The stumbling block for me is trying to believe that Bill Belichick did something for the good of some other football team. He's going to give some other team a discount, because he wants to do someone a favor? I just don't see it.

This is Bill Belichick we're talking about here. He'd cheat in a game of Connect Four against a poor orphan child. He didn't become the coach he is by doing people "favors."
I reckon as this breaks it may bring up more to see.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
”Because everyone assumed the Patriots could get a lot more for Cassel than a lonely second-rounder”

That is a load of biased anti-Belichick nonsense to be fair AS. Sounds like the ramblings of a random poster on a Steelers or Jets forum rather than a Yahoo blog writer. Jay Mariotti has also proved he is not too smart in the past. So much so, that I don’t even want to bother going into it in much detail. The state of the market and other factors (some of which I or Alex posted above) determined his value. If a better pick would have been offered in similar circumstances from another team, he would have took it. If he did not have to overpay a player who has never played an NFL down and it was a value spot, that is.

Belichick does not do favours which will damage his own team, even to Pioli.

Alex

Why would Bill bastard Belichek take less to give him to the Chiefs unless that was all that he thought they could get. Would it have been a BB conspiracy McfeckFace, i mean McDaniels aquired Cassell for Cutler going to TB, and NE getting a 1st and 4th rounder.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Why would Bill bastard Belichek take less to give him to the Chiefs unless that was all that he thought they could get. Would it have been a BB conspiracy McfeckFace, i mean McDaniels aquired Cassell for Cutler going to TB, and NE getting a 1st and 4th rounder.
Did you call me McfeckFace? :lol:

GloryHunter07

Whats the verdict on the Haynesworth move? Big contract, is he worth it? Should he have been more loyal to the titans?

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Whats the verdict on the Haynesworth move? Big contract, is he worth it? Should he have been more loyal to the titans?
He was honest about it, which is why I don't think everyone's in an uproar. He knew his worth and put the number out there rather than allow teams to put numbers out.

He was honest too, he said during the Pro Bowl "I want to get PAID."

Alex

He is gonna be lazy and turn to shit within three years IMO

nyrfan818

Surprised there's been no mention of the Bucs. Opened up a lot of cap space, traded for Winslow Jr, and signed Derrick Ward. I'm sure they'll be making some more big splashes. Derrick Ward is a very good RB, but he's very injury prone. They look like they're going to be a team to watch out for next year though.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Surprised there's been no mention of the Bucs. Opened up a lot of cap space, traded for Winslow Jr, and signed Derrick Ward. I'm sure they'll be making some more big splashes. Derrick Ward is a very good RB, but he's very injury prone. They look like they're going to be a team to watch out for next year though.
They need a QB... BAD.

If this Cassel CONSPIRACY didn't happen, Cutler jerseys in red would be on sale.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
he will probably be injured for a good 5 or 6 games a year as well.
Yep. He has never started 16 games in his career and has had some character issues in the past. He is a very good player but we are talking QB money here. Washington also plays a 4-3 so who is going to benefit from his presence now Taylor has gone? He is going to see more double teams than he did for the Titans. I think the 3-4 nose position has more importance than his due to the part players like Wilfork and Ngata play in the way their teams play, I would not want to see Wilfork get paid that though. Unless we are talking a Bucs-Sapp situation or something, I don’t think putting all that money into the position is very smart. Especially for a team that has other needs and a long list of free agency failures. Maybe the potential uncapped year had an affect.

GloryHunter07

Who here watches college football here, and has an oppinion on who should be the first draft picks?