Nfl 2009-2010

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Indy's stadium has a retractable roof....I dont think I have ever seen it open
It is kind of nippy there now... BUT, Apparently there's alot of issues with wind, something they're trying to figure out now that the stadium has been built to help negate it... Apparently in the first few practices there was an awful swirling wind.

They do get progressively longer.

This game looks to be just about over. Bring on the game of the day.
There was no halftime show either, if I remember correctly there have been halftime shows for conference championship games in the past.

You know what makes me laugh that I just remembered. The Jets now have like 4 million quids worth of printed AFC champions gear that they printed early that is now fecking useless.

Ha, have that Rex Ryan you leary fat tosser.
It'll be donated I bet, most of the time the other teams gear is donated to certain charities, and you can bet ya some of that stuff gets on ebay... I have a Red Sox 2003 AL Champions shirt from ebay that cost me 5 bucks :lol:

Both teams should get at least one possession or an equal number.
As the CBA expires, you bet the college system comes up... It really eliminates the chance of a cointoss being a difference maker which is fair game.

Essentially you start at your own 30, you have 4 downs... If you fecker up, the other team gets the ball at their own 30, and if they score, they win.

OT needs re-vamping.

Mark Brunell is finally going to a Super Bowl!
:lol:

Anyone and their grandmother could have predicted it ;)

Favre has no-one to blame but himself.
And thank feck for that.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
This will be the first Super Bowl pairing of No. 1 teams since Dallas and Buffalo met in 1994.

The Colts have opened up as four-point favourites.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
4 points? I'll take the Colts with it

Popular spread though early on, always is, I expect it to drop to below a FG

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I swore to never bet on the NFL again after I was agonisingly close to (a David Tyree catch away) pulling in a small fortune in 2007. I might put a little something on the big game this time round though and would be tempted to go towards the Saints +4 at this point, though I’m open to change.

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
Favre has no-one to blame but himself.
Favre made a mistake but the ref fecking commited blunders - the decisions in the final minutes were unbelievable. How do you give the Saints a first down based on forward progress when the RB didn't have control of the ball at the point where the ball was spotted for forward progress. Plus the pass interference was ridiculous considering that it was uncatchable and there was no fecking contact either.

Also, a reason why I wasn't critical of Favre for throwing the final TD against Dallas - he isn't afraid to make plays irrespective of the situation of the game. If he thinks there is a receiver open, he goes for it. Always been a high risk, high reward QB.

What a career and what a warrior. It's a shame that the refs and a fumbling AP robbed him of another superbowl.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
The funniest parts of these Super Bowls is always the fringe players that have a chance at immortality... Mark Brunell and Curtis Painter can both win Super Bowls... gah :lol:

Alex

Ahh feck esmufc is going to invade the thread now, as he constantly uses the search function to find his name mentioned.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Favre made a mistake but the ref fecking commited blunders - the decisions in the final minutes were unbelievable. How do you give the Saints a first down based on forward progress when the RB didn't have control of the ball at the point where the ball was spotted for forward progress. Plus the pass interference was ridiculous considering that it was uncatchable and there was no fecking contact either.

Also, a reason why I wasn't critical of Favre for throwing the final TD against Dallas - he isn't afraid to make plays irrespective of the situation of the game. If he thinks there is a receiver open, he goes for it. Always been a high risk, high reward QB.

What a career and what a warrior. It's a shame that the refs and a fumbling AP robbed him of another superbowl.

That was more than a mistake, it was a monumentally stupendous fecker of a decision when all he had to do was run and pick up some more yards for an easy FG.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
If you consider a 50 yard FG easy. After that penalty, the FG was 55 yards. If he runs there's no guarantee Longwell converts the FG.
tbf the Vikes had several chances. I agree about the FG. But the great man will be back next year...no worries.

I thought the Vikes were the better team and the Saints did get some big 'home calls'.

Colts will murder them though.

gbgary

If you consider a 50 yard FG easy. After that penalty, the FG was 55 yards. If he runs there's no guarantee Longwell converts the FG.
a 50 yarder, indoors, for longwell is pretty easy. as for favre he's always been a gambler, a little reckless, tough as nails, confident in his arm. he made a very bad decision not to run the ball to get those five yards, and maybe a little more, back. after being battered all game long and on a sore ankle perhaps he didn't want to run it. he thought he saw an open man and took a shot. being a life-long Packers fan and seeing all his games over the years has taught me a few things. some of his mistakes were bad decisions, some were bold risks, some weren't his mistake at all, others were just good plays by the d. you take the good with the bad when it comes to brett...but the good has far out-weighed the bad. for me he was the man, the best ever. his being a drama queen and holding the team ransom every year, the last few seasons, was getting tiresome but i was fine with him...until he became a viking...out of spite. both teams got jobbed by the refs at times. i think the saints had the worst of it until the pass interference penalty at the end. in the end i was glad to see he and the vikings fail last night. the sun shined a little brighter today. :D

Alex

Favre could have picked up ten yards if he had any balls he would have dove for as many yards as he couldve because that probably would have more than likely led to the winning field goal. As it was he made an awful play that cost him team the game.

gbgary

Longwell was 8 for 8 on 50+ yard FGs in the last two years (including a 54 yarder and two 53 yarders). Remember he also recently won a game at Chicago on a 55 yarder.

Alex

He probably would have choked though Gary that said I still am laughing my ass off at Favre for throwing a duck across his body and across the field

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
In Brunell's case he would deserve it. He's had a pretty good career.
Negative, always was a fool in Jacksonville and always choked when it mattered most.

Elvis Grbac has a ring.
:nervous:

He probably would have choked though Gary that said I still am laughing my ass off at Favre for throwing a duck across his body and across the field
The way kickers have been this post-season you're probably right.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Brandon Meriweather being at the Pro Bowl is an indication of how strange this game has become. Funnily enough, I like my Pro Bowl safeties to be able to tackle and attack runners from correct angles in open space. Yes Brandon, that’s Ray Rice running the first play of your teams Playoffs for a touchdown, you may want to lay a Pro Bowl quality finger on him.

Nearco

youth team player
Seems to me that the Colts had a very easy schedule this year. None of their divisional rivals were anything special and they lucked out in getting the NFC West. In fact the only time they faced a team with a top class QB they smoked Arizona who were inconsistant at best this year and started poorly (played them in week 3) and were very lucky to beat a Pats team that self destructed. For those reasons I make the Saints a good bet at evens getting 4.5 points

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Manning is 26-7 against the NFC with 77 tds and 23 ints over the last few years (stat courtesy of Mike & Mike). That kind of fecks up your argument against the Colts.

And you are a Patriots fan if memory serves. That's -2.

Nearco

youth team player
And you are a Patriots fan if memory serves. That's -2.
Not you as well. I've had this out with Alex. I've been a Red Sox fan since 1986, I have never followed the Patriots.

The Colts record against the NFC is meaningless in that context - how many of those teams had winning records in the season's they faced Indy.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Not you as well. I've had this out with Alex. I've been a Red Sox fan since 1986, I have never followed the Patriots.

The Colts record against the NFC is meaningless in that context - how many of those teams had winning records in the season's they faced Indy.
Blimey that's a tough year to start :lol:

Sawks fan since 1995 here.

Anyways I got the Colts -3.5, Addai APY over Thomas, Wayne REC YRD over Colston, and Indy D in sacks Sacks.

10 bucks = 100... I've won the last 2 super bowls on my accumulators so here's hoping this one pulls through too.

My final prediction is 35-31 Colts.

Alex

Rice and Smith are locks to get into the HOF today. Hopefully Sharpe and Dent get in as well.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Why is this thread reporting 62 pages when it's only 52?

And this page often loads when attempting to access thread or post reply.

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.