NFL 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I just had a look and :lol:, you are not keeping half of the big names, even if Manning retires you will need to give Osweiler a big contract, the two inside linebackers worth a lot of money, Vernon Davis won't be re-signed but you won't miss him, you should have a discount on Mathis, the two RBs will cost 4m more than they currently do.
Osweiler won't be anything like the kinda money we'll save on Manning going, but yea there's some maths needs doing for sure.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Osweiler won't be anything like the kinda money we'll save on Manning going, but yea there's some maths needs doing for sure.
If I was a betting man, I would bet on at least 12m/year, Foles signed a 12.25m contract.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
LaFell was very good in his first year. We really need to get a few more WRs, preferably 1 who is a legitimate deep threat.

JPRouve

Scout
LaFell was very good in his first year. We really need to get a few more WRs, preferably 1 who is a legitimate deep threat.
The Vikings can send you Wallace for a pick.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I'd like a deep threat, but I'm not sure it's vital, as Brady rarely ever throws bombs now, then again that could be because he has no deep target. Gimme another Edelman or two.
The Vikings can send you Wallace for a pick.
Might not be trading picks as much as usual, already short a 1st rounder.

JPRouve

Scout
I'd like a deep threat, but I'm not sure it's vital, as Brady rarely ever throws bombs now, then again that could be because he has no deep target. Gimme another Edelman or two.

Might not be trading picks as much as usual, already short a 1st rounder.
I can see the Pats sign Marvin Jones, I believe that he suits the gameplan.

JPRouve

Scout
Rumor: Peyton Manning retiring tomorrow.

ha_rooney

Right decision to retire. Won't be too long before he tries his hand at coaching.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Amazing career Peyton had. Could have been even better if he didn't get that injury that caused him to miss a season (or 2?).

I am sure now he is retired he is going to sit on his front porch and have a Budweiser.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Amazing career Peyton had. Could have been even better if he didn't get that injury that caused him to miss a season (or 2?).

I am sure now he is retired he is going to sit on his front porch and have a Budweiser.
He owns a stake in a Bud distributor, so probably more than one!

JPRouve

Scout

He could become a coach in the NFL.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So the press conference is scheduled for 13:00ET which is 18:00 UK time, wonder if SSN will show it?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Sad day to see the end of Manning. What a great player. But the right time for him to retire and even as a Patriot I'm happy he got his fitting ending.

Whilst today is a sad day, I think it'll finally hit home when Brady calls it a day too. Not because he's more important or any of that stuff, but because that's when we will realise how unique and lucky it was to have two of the best ever quarterbacks playing the game at virtually the same timeline in the same conference for teams who refularly fought one another.

When they are both gone, is there anyone who really fills that void? Will there be anyone any time soon?

RoadTrip

It was a near perfect press conference. I'll remember that scripture forever because it was recited when my grandfather died. Moved me to tears, because of that connection.
It was brilliant. It'll be a real sad day when It's Bradys turn too. A real end of an era.

I know it's two different sports and cultures but Brady and Manning and how they behave and act compared to Messi and Ronaldo... What makes the B-M rivalry so special is that when the dust settles what'll remain is the respect they have for each other.

Neutral

BTV
The game always finds new heroes, legends, rivalries...

- Steve Young v Troy Aikman - 3 straight NFC title matches, 5 SB wins...both HoF quarterbacks.

- Jim Kelly v Dan Marino - 21 times they faced off...both HoF quarterbacks and of course both failed to win a SB - Kelly and Bills (4 straight losses)...Marino loss in his only appearance.

ha_rooney

Demarco Murray apparently being traded to the Titans. Never worked for him in Philly.

JPRouve

Scout
Murray, Tunsil, Walker and Mariotta? They are building an offense.

Phil

I love NFL trades.

So Philly sign up Bradford who breaks down every season and get rid of B Max and Alonso. Right.

Edit - Demarco Murray too.. Kinda agree with that one.

RoadTrip

Pretty mad last few days... And only gonna become more wild as free agency hits. Eagles on a rampage to disavow anyone associated with Kelly.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Bad start to the preseason for the Broncos. Manning retired; Daniels, Vasquez and Brewer released. Malik Jackson agrees a deal with the Jaguars.

Status
Not open for further replies.