• Brock Osweiler to the Texans
  • Lamar Miller to the Texans
  • Olivier Vernon to the Giants
  • Janoris Jenkins to the Giants
  • Jason Pierre-Paul to the Giants
  • Matt Forte to the Jets
  • Bruce Irvin to the Raiders
  • Danny Trevathan to the Bears
That's from skimming the last few pages of the old thread, sorry if I missed any obvious ones.

Notable retirements include:

• Peyton Manning
  • Marshawn Lynch
  • Calvin Johnson

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Fitzpatrick still hasn't agrees a deal with the Jets, seen his name mentioned too.

None of the options particularky excite me.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Hmmm, any hot shot QB's coming up in the 17-18 season's draft? It's there's shite on offer, would the Broncos consider taking whatever's available and having a tank year, like the Colts did?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I can't believe the contract Eagles gave Bradford looks better within a week. If you are a quarterback with a pulse, you get paid period.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Hmmm, any hot shot QB's coming up in the 17-18 season's draft? It's there's shite on offer, would the Broncos consider taking whatever's available and having a tank year, like the Colts did?
I don't think so. As you can see by the players who have left already, there is a small window to window with teams in the NFL. You don't waste that to tank a year unless your hand is forced.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'd be interested in seeing how Kaep would do in Denver. The guy took a team to a SB & looked a very good prospect at the time, surely he can't have lost all that talent.

RG3 may be worth a gamble but I wouldn't trust him to remain healthy.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
New thread. Woohoo!

Giants got a few big additions to defense. I'm opposed to letting Cruz stay, I doubt he will be able to return from the injury at even 50%, and ODB needs support.

Neutral

BTV
CJ Anderson signs 4 year $18mil offer sheet from Miami...Denver have 5 days to match or lose him.

I don't think they'll match it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Doubtful considering the shitty offer they gave him initially. They might have gone higher but not that much.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Brock apparently got a 4 year $72 million contract from the Texans. Thats $18 million a year. For a guy who played just 7 times? Why the hell would you give him such a contract? And its like not he is THE missing piece and they are a SB team.

Neutral

BTV
Brock apparently got a 4 year $72 million contract from the Texans. Thats $18 million a year. For a guy who played just 7 times? Why the hell would you give him such a contract? And its like not he is THE missing piece and they are a SB team.
I don't think he's worth it and won't be a big success.

But, only $37mil over the next two seasons is guaranteed....the Broncos were willing to give him $30mil guaranteed. Quarterbacks in the NFL always get overpaid and even more so in free agency.

They're a playoff team and are banking on potential rather than his actual body of work.

Look around...someone like Chase Daniels got $21mil :lol:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Why are the Broncos not resigning any one? Is there a problem with their cap space? I dont care about the offensive side, we can always get a replacement but not on the defensive side - Malik Jackson and Trevathan are very good players. And FA has just started. Who knows who else we are going to lose?

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Who would Broncos go for?

RGIII? Kaep? Brees will become a FA next year. Can they tempt him?
Broncos apparently working hard on Kaep - Browns are interested too.
I'd be interested in seeing how Kaep would do in Denver. The guy took a team to a SB & looked a very good prospect at the time, surely he can't have lost all that talent.

RG3 may be worth a gamble but I wouldn't trust him to remain healthy.
Minor thing, but it's Kap, not Kaep.

I really hope he doesn't go - he can be frustrating, but I love his style of play. There are things he needs to work on for sure, but he was saddled with a woeful offensive line the past couple of years. When we had a good O-line, he took us to within 5 yards of winning the Super Bowl, and to two divisional title games. Yes, I know we had Harbaugh as well on the sidelines, but Kap was a big factor too.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
@swooshboy Colin Kaepernick...I couldn't be bothered writing out, Kaepernick everytime...so, I simply cut off 'ernick'.

Not a case of calling him 'kap'
Fair enough - I just remember him clearing it up on Twitter that his nickname was Kap even though his name is spelt Kaep.

Neutral

BTV
No biggie.

Surprising to hear he prefers the Browns to the Broncos and his people are pushing in that direction. Then again, maybe not that surprising...not much pressure in Cleveland - they're shit and he'll get a chance to bed in.

Pats have Bills WR Chris Hogan all but signed up - he'll sign an offer sheet - $12mil/3 year, and it's unlikely the Bills will match (apparently it'll leave them with no cap space this year - $5.5mil).

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Kaepe to the Browns over the Bronco, madness, better deal for the 49ers though if they take the same round pick of the Browns as they'd get from the Broncos.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
His season in Denver by numbers was actually better than Manning's last, barring the one stat, number of Superb Owl wins.
I'm sure there are talks between Elway and Manning right now, but they won't be successful for Elway, seeing as he himself also went out on top and won't begrudge Peyton for wanting the same. Although this idea that Manning wouldn't be successful if he played another year would is nonsense. He would at a minimum lead them to the playoffs.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm sure there are talks between Elway and Manning right now, but they won't be successful for Elway, seeing as he himself also went out on top and won't begrudge Peyton for wanting the same. Although this idea that Manning wouldn't be successful if he played another year would is nonsense. He would at a minimum lead them to the playoffs.
To play another season? No chance.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Absolutely.

To be honest, their defence will make them competitive with any halfway reasonable QB. Even some kind of dreaded "game manager" QB would be fine enough.

To play another season? No chance.
They'll definitely ask, but he'd be a fool take them up on it as now is the perfect moment for him to ride off into that Omaha sunset.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Nah, the team and Elway in particular made a point of repeating that quote about Peyton getting the timing right once again. No way they turn around and ask him to play again.

It's time to move on, Elway knows that better than anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.