NFL 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Butler probably wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game. The Patriots had no pass rush. As such, Foles outplayed Brady (despite the Eagles defense shitting the bed for 3 quarters).

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Butler probably wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game. The Patriots had no pass rush. As such, Foles outplayed Brady (despite the Eagles defense shitting the bed for 3 quarters).
Except for the dropped pass, Brady did everything better than Foles. He threw for over 500 yards without an INT. The defense let him down. You cant allow the opponent to score over 40 points in any game, let alone the SB and come out on top.

altodevil

Except for the dropped pass, Brady did everything better than Foles. He threw for over 500 yards without an INT. The defense let him down. You cant allow the opponent to score over 40 points in any game, let alone the SB and come out on top.

I didn't say Brady played badly at all. I thought he played pretty well. Both defenses were shocking, but the lack of a sustained rush on Foles allowed him to find more of a groove, he played better in my book likely due to that.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Also given that Butler is better than Rowe, I am sure he would have made a difference somewhere in the game, maybe coverage on one of those big throws or even TD plays.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I can totally get the decision to matchup bigger/more physical CBs but at least use your main guy in nickel and dime situations. Or make the appropriate adjustment when it's obvious the chosen starter is being beaten routinely. It comes off as "I'm the fecking boss, I'm the fecking doctor here, and it's my way to the end."

Kazi

McDaniels and Patricia aren’t cut out to be head coaches, let them stay in NE ffs.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Lmaaaooooooo

Colts hired McDaniels earlier today as HC

He now withdraws and is back with the Pats and remains OC

:lol::lol:

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I really want Roseman to play a game of "How stupid are the Cleveland Browns" and just offer them the chance of putting together a package for Wentz and seeing what they come back with.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
:lol: wtf happened with McDaniels?!

What it does mean though is that the clock is ticking for B.B.

There’s no other reason to stay.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Reckon McDaniels has been told he will be the next Pats head coach & Bill will be 1 more year & done.

Great news for us, the offense is in a good shape & Josh staying offers the stability we need. Hope the Gronk retirement talk is just him asking for more money (which he deserves imo)

RoadTrip

Reckon McDaniels has been told he will be the next Pats head coach & Bill will be 1 more year & done.

Great news for us, the offense is in a good shape & Josh staying offers the stability we need. Hope the Gronk retirement talk is just him asking for more money (which he deserves imo)
Yeah I hope Gronk doesn’t retire. But if he did I honestly don’t think I could blame him. Had some pretty bad injuries.

And yeah, B.B. must be on his way out pretty soon I should think. Otherwise makes no sense for McDaniels to stay.

ha_rooney

Yeah I hope Gronk doesn’t retire. But if he did I honestly don’t think I could blame him. Had some pretty bad injuries.

And yeah, B.B. must be on his way out pretty soon I should think. Otherwise makes no sense for McDaniels to stay.
Yep. Would obviously be a massive loss to our offense but the injuries he’s had & the hits he takes, I’d respect him for putting his health above football.

Plus, he has the personality to do other stuff & be successful so it’s not like he needs to play to earn money.

ha_rooney

Must be hard to turn down the chance to be head coach of a team with Luck in it.
I wonder if Luck’s injury issues are worse/longer term & that was a factor in him turning them down.

They really need to do something about that OL. Even Brissett as QB who is more mobile took a lot of hits.

altodevil

McDaniels wont be getting a job anywhere except New England now. Supposedly hasn't even phoned or talked to assistant coaches he tried to bring to Indy, pathetic specimen.

Nikhil

Who knows, maybe they should have played Butler after all, the bloke who won them the SB in 2015 with that interception.

Matt patricia as lions coach seems like an interesting choice. He hasn't improved NE much in the past couple of years defensively.

I'm eagerly waiting for next season now. Why does the off season have to be this long? :(

I don't miss the Premiership this much since there's football throughout the year with the World Cup or the Euros in the summer.

RoadTrip

I wonder if Luck’s injury issues are worse/longer term & that was a factor in him turning them down.

They really need to do something about that OL. Even Brissett as QB who is more mobile took a lot of hits.
That's a possibility too. But, you'd think that he'd have done his due diligence prior to having to bail on the last day...

GloryHunter07

Yeah apart from Luck the rest of the team (and organisation?) are a bit of a mess.

If Luck has long term issues they are in trouble!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah, he is indeed a baseball player, his right have been traded to the Yankees.

Phil

Seems like a waste of a pick.. Strange sport, makes cricket seem interesting by comparison.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Seems like a waste of a pick.. Strange sport, makes cricket seem interesting by comparison.
Only in insight, he has been drafted out of highschool, he was still a dual sport athlete in college.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The McDaniels move is really harsh on the people Colts hired to be coordinators, he knew everything about the Colts and so it's a pretty shitty move

Status
Not open for further replies.