Supports
Liverpool

Some of these are awesome.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
My draft prediction - a complete guess of course

1. Bengals: Joe Burrow - gotta be really. They may shock us all and go Chase Young or one of the other QB's but I can't see it
2. Redskins: Chase Young
3. Lions: Isaiah Simmons - no one wants to pay the price the Lions want for the pick
4. Chargers: Tua
5. Dolphins: Tristan Wirfs - after missing out on their QB, they pick up a tackle and tank for... um... whoever next year
6. Giants: Jedrick Wills
7. Panthers: Derrick Brown
8. Cardinals: Jeff Okudah - run off laughing into the night about the best CB by a mile falling to them
9. Jaguars: CJ Henderson
10. Patriots: Justin Herbert - think they'll trade up to get Herbert, then bring in a vet in (may even be the Red Rifle) to sit him for a year
11. Jets: Mekhi Becton - BIIIIG mofo
12. Raiders: Jerry Jeudy - could be Lamb too, but I reckon he might be a better fit
13. 49ers: CeeDee Lamb
14. Buccs: Andrew Thomas
15. Broncos: Henry Ruggs
16. Falcons: Javon Kinlaw
17. Cowboys: Trevon Diggs
18. Dolphins: Austin Jackson
19. Raiders: Kenneth Murray - probably wishful thinking this. Wouldn't mind a CB here either
20. Jaguars: Xavier Mckinney
21. Eagles: Justin Jefferson
22. Vikings: K'Lavon Chaisson
23. Browns: Ezra Cleveland - just for the giggles
24. Saints: Jordan Love
25. Vikings: AJ Terrell
26. Dolphins: D'Andre Swift
27. Seahawks: AJ Epenesa
28. Ravens: Jonathon Taylor
29. Titans: Jaylon Johnson
30. Packers: Brandon Aiyuk
31. 49ers: Ross Blacklock
32. Chiefs: Cesar Ruiz
Don't think the Ravens will go for a RB in the first... They still have Ingram, signed Edwards to a tender I believe and drafted Hill quite high last year too.

Jack-C20

Stupid question time again guys if anyone can give me an answer. Am I right in assuming players talk to teams before the draft? For instance can players basically reject teams? Or at least ask that they don’t pick them? I’ve always thought that you basically get picked and you have to go there but I’m only now realising how potentially stupid that might be. I’ve never really thought much into it until now but seeing as I’ve got more time on my hands I’m trying to understand it more.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
His talent is the reason he is even in the conversation for a first round pick at this stage but he has had multiple injuries including one absolutely awful one and so picking him early specially in this draft is very very risky

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Stupid question time again guys if anyone can give me an answer. Am I right in assuming players talk to teams before the draft? For instance can players basically reject teams? Or at least ask that they don’t pick them? I’ve always thought that you basically get picked and you have to go there but I’m only now realising how potentially stupid that might be. I’ve never really thought much into it until now but seeing as I’ve got more time on my hands I’m trying to understand it more.
They can reject but NFL unlike the nba is much more balanced and so players usually don't do it . Try reading up about what happened with Eli Manning and the chargers . Very interesting story

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Based on one injury though. It isn't as if he has a bad history of injuries.

He's extremely talented.
He gets a high-ankle injury requiring surgery like every 10 games. Though if he doesn’t have his leg disconnected from the hip joint again then he will be the steal of the draft.

Jack-C20

They can reject but NFL unlike the nba is much more balanced and so players usually don't do it . Try reading up about what happened with Eli Manning and the chargers . Very interesting story
:lol: Funnily enough that’s mainly why I asked. I saw a brief clip recently which must have been a preview for something where Eli was telling a story about the draft. I’ll look into it more cheers.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
You need a tremendous amount of leverage and the right situation to reject where you might be drafted; it’s only been done twice that I can recall. Yes, they are talking to teams, though it’s not the same as teams tapping up soccer players in Europe.

The draft process is decidedly ‘un-democratic‘, so if an owner wants to be an asshole (as Cincy’s is wont to do) they can tell you to go screw yourself, hold your contract rights, and let you sit out a year without any chance of entry to the NFL if they want while they tank for Trevor.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
:lol: Funnily enough that’s mainly why I asked. I saw a brief clip recently which must have been a preview for something where Eli was telling a story about the draft. I’ll look into it more cheers.

All worth watching.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Boggles my mind tbh - you got the chance for a top 5 safety in the league, or a pick to potentially pick a top 5 future player in the league - it's a no brainer if it's a straight up swap, but maybe the Jets wouldn't even contemplate that.

Fitzpatrick to the Steelers last year has proven to be a steal, I don't think they regret not having a first right now.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This is such a dilemma.

Watching both suck would be absolutely hilarious, but them doing well would send Patriots fans insane.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I know no one cares about my fantasy league but the biggest dick in our Dynasty league has cut Gronk literally three days ago and I can't wait to shove these Tweets in his face.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Would love to see Gronk play again.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

So... That escalated quickly.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So Brady’s gone from having next to nothing to throw to last year, to having possibly his most talented set of receivers in his career. Should be fun to watch.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Can't believe it. Gronk in Florida :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Can't really figure out the rationale behind this for Gronk though. I know he's sold on Brady as his QB, but he was clearly on the decline last year and is only getting older. What will he do if Brady retires after this season, surely he ain't sticking around in Tampa with God knows who as new QB?

Can't see this comeback lasting any longer than Brady does.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Can't really figure out the rationale behind this for Gronk though. I know he's sold on Brady as his QB, but he was clearly on the decline last year and is only getting older. What will he do if Brady retires after this season, surely he ain't sticking around in Tampa with God knows who as new QB?

Can't see this comeback lasting any longer than Brady does.
There’s only one year left on his deal anyway, no?

edcunited1878

Really good pick up for Pats knowing he wasn't going to suit up for them anymore. Not sure how good the Bucs' o-line is and if their running game is adequate enough to balance out the offense. Bruce Arians has a very good football mind, but it'll take time for him and Brady to sync up and for Brady to influence his offense and teammates...assuming he has the same competitive fire and edge from his time in New England.

Just need a reliable defense and special teams for the Bucs to contend for an NFC playoff spot.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
There’s only one year left on his deal anyway, no?
No idea, could be the case yeah. Or do contract years roll-over when you're actually retired? Don't have a clue about that stuff.

I just meant to say, I think this'll be a very short lived thing, can't see him last another 5 years or so in the league unfortunately.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Been looking at cap numbers because I’m that bored, and stumbled across an article discussing Goff possibly restructuring his contract to help with the fact the Rams are $6m over the cap limit.

There were some tweets in there that really underline how badly the finances are managed by the Rams.

Can you simply explain the cap system. Assumed it's some kind of budget that all teams have to work to but didn't understand those tweets at all.
I know no one cares about my fantasy league but the biggest dick in our Dynasty league has cut Gronk literally three days ago and I can't wait to shove these Tweets in his face.
I do the NFL fantasy league each season but is there something else? ⬆⬆. It's April, no games so what exactly is your fantasy league covering?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
No idea, could be the case yeah. Or do contract years roll-over when you're actually retired? Don't have a clue about that stuff.

I just meant to say, I think this'll be a very short lived thing, can't see him last another 5 years or so in the league unfortunately.
I don’t know about rollover tbf, just saw a tweet talking about him having one year left I’m sure.

He’ll probably get injured in training camp anyway.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Can you simply explain the cap system. Assumed it's some kind of budget that all teams have to work to but didn't understand those tweets at all.
I’m far from an expert but from my understanding...

All teams have to operate within the wage cap, for 2020 it’s $198,200,000 and all their contracts must be covered by that sum.

Players contracts are made up of guaranteed and non guaranteed money, and the timing of payments can fluctuate with signing bonuses and all manner of other things.

If we consider a hypothetical player who has a contract with a $20m signing bonus on a 3 year deal, that bonus is pro-rated over the life of the contract for cap purposes so it gives a “cap hit” of $6.66m per year, on top of the normal salary.

If that player then gets traded after one year, he’s already had his full signing bonus on day 1, so the remaining $13.33m of cap is called “dead money” because it comes out of your cap for the year but is for a player no longer on your roster.

In the Rams case, they are utilising an enormous amount of this year’s wage cap on players no longer on their team.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
My draft prediction - a complete guess of course

1. Bengals: Joe Burrow - gotta be really. They may shock us all and go Chase Young or one of the other QB's but I can't see it
2. Redskins: Chase Young
3. Lions: Isaiah Simmons - no one wants to pay the price the Lions want for the pick
4. Chargers: Tua
5. Dolphins: Tristan Wirfs - after missing out on their QB, they pick up a tackle and tank for... um... whoever next year
6. Giants: Jedrick Wills
7. Panthers: Derrick Brown
8. Cardinals: Jeff Okudah - run off laughing into the night about the best CB by a mile falling to them
9. Jaguars: CJ Henderson
10. Patriots: Justin Herbert - think they'll trade up to get Herbert, then bring in a vet in (may even be the Red Rifle) to sit him for a year
11. Jets: Mekhi Becton - BIIIIG mofo
12. Raiders: Jerry Jeudy - could be Lamb too, but I reckon he might be a better fit
13. 49ers: CeeDee Lamb
14. Buccs: Andrew Thomas
15. Broncos: Henry Ruggs
16. Falcons: Javon Kinlaw
17. Cowboys: Trevon Diggs
18. Dolphins: Austin Jackson
19. Raiders: Kenneth Murray - probably wishful thinking this. Wouldn't mind a CB here either
20. Jaguars: Xavier Mckinney
21. Eagles: Justin Jefferson
22. Vikings: K'Lavon Chaisson
23. Browns: Ezra Cleveland - just for the giggles
24. Saints: Jordan Love
25. Vikings: AJ Terrell
26. Dolphins: D'Andre Swift
27. Seahawks: AJ Epenesa
28. Ravens: Jonathon Taylor
29. Titans: Jaylon Johnson
30. Packers: Brandon Aiyuk
31. 49ers: Ross Blacklock
32. Chiefs: Cesar Ruiz
The Ravens are already loaded at RB, so not sure if this would be the priority. A top WR on the other hand would seem a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.